Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does Haslam think?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: What does Haslam think? Reply with quote

The Browns hold the longest losing streak in the NFL. The team has already alienated its fanbase and the season is only three weeks deep. We are running into a potential national embarassment this Thursday against an in-division opponent. Our team's overall player talent is still lacking and our head coach appears to be a cattle rancher trying to heard cats.

So what do you think our team's new owner is thinking right now?

Do you think he's outraged that an opposing team can come in and take over our stadium? Do you think he's already made up his mind about Shurmur? Do you think he's wondering what the return policy is on a defective football team and searching his jeans' pockets to find the reciept?

Personally, I'm hoping he can sympathize with the fans. After meeting us one on one during the preseason and then seeing the debacle yesterday (and what surely will come 10 fold when the Squeelers are in town) I hope his first order is to have a press conference in which he speaks directly to the fans. If he wants to address the team in private first, then fine, but his first order of business should let us know he's with us. He feels our pain and now that he's calling the shots, he won't stop until the product is better.

I know words are just words, but I need something to be encouraged about with this organization...
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's thinking "man I can't wait until the draft" just like the rest of us...

<3 JF
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he realizes that the Browns are heading in the right direction. I hope he's not extremely impatient like many Browns fans and fires the front office and coaching staff because they're not winning games right now. Cleveland's overall talent is lacking? I disagree. I think they're just very inexperienced and thus the players are going to make plenty of mistakes. It's quite clear to me that this team has talent. Yes, there's still holes on the roster but not a ton.

I don't know why some people think the Browns are going to get blown out on Thursday. Sure, it's possible that they do but nothing that's happened this season would lead me to believe that they'll be blown out. I mean, they've lost all three games by a combined 18 points. They're biggest loss was by ten points. Had Joe Haden been playing these past two games, I think there's a very strong chance that the Browns would have won at least one of those games.

I also don't get the hate for Shurmur. It's easy to blame the head coach when the team is losing but I don't think he's done a bad job at all. I thinkt the play-calling is much better compared to last year. He's made plenty of good calls this year but the players would sometimes fail to execute.

Smack on the sig.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
I hope he realizes that the Browns are heading in the right direction. I hope he's not extremely impatient like many Browns fans and fires the front office and coaching staff because they're not winning games right now. Cleveland's overall talent is lacking? I disagree. I think they're just very inexperienced and thus the players are going to make plenty of mistakes. It's quite clear to me that this team has talent. Yes, there's still holes on the roster but not a ton.

I don't know why some people think the Browns are going to get blown out on Thursday. Sure, it's possible that they do but nothing that's happened this season would lead me to believe that they'll be blown out. I mean, they've lost all three games by a combined 18 points. They're biggest loss was by ten points. Had Joe Haden been playing these past two games, I think there's a very strong chance that the Browns would have won at least one of those games.

I also don't get the hate for Shurmur. It's easy to blame the head coach when the team is losing but I don't think he's done a bad job at all. I thinkt the play-calling is much better compared to last year. He's made plenty of good calls this year but the players would sometimes fail to execute.

Good calls, horrible execution...Good offensive concepts, dropped passes, missed blocks, no movement on blocks
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

I guess for me, i define overall talent and potential talent as two different things. We have a boatload of potential, but the product I see right now (especially at WR) is too inexperienced to say we have a "talented group of WR's".
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's thinking how bad we are, and how the fans deserve so much more. In the little interview during the game along the lines of, 'building this team into something great, something Cleveland browns fans deserve.' He isn't happy, and he may only see a handful of players that are actually worth keeping around. Regime change, no doubt.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows but whatever it is Its time to take back our own damn stadium.

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

And also, they really need to research these PSLs that are sold to Ticket Broker companies. All the time the tix are scarfed up by opposing teams fans. Yesterday 5 Bills fans sat in the same row 1 seats that 5 Eagles fans sat in during week 1 which are always sold on Ebay and Stubhub.

BS

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

And also, they really need to research these PSLs that are sold to Ticket Broker companies. All the time the tix are scarfed up by opposing teams fans. Yesterday 5 Bills fans sat in the same row 1 seats that 5 Eagles fans sat in during week 1 which are always sold on Ebay and Stubhub.

BS

I couldnt agree with you more. I got stuck in a section a couple years ago that was completly Steelers fans. I almost swore off going to games altogether after that experience... it's ridiculous.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the dump Shurmur bandwagon. Team wasnt ready to go, that falls on the coach.

Talent is there, but we need someone to come help these guys realize their potential.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

BS

I couldnt agree with you more. I got stuck in a section a couple years ago that was completly Steelers fans. I almost swore off going to games altogether after that experience... it's ridiculous.

Can you blame people for not wanting to pay $25 for parking, $100 for a pair of tix, $40 bucks on food to watch a horrible product on the field? I still support the Browns, but I have no desire to go to anymore games... I will sit at home and watch on tv. At times, I dont blame ticket holders for selling their tickets.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

BS

Can you blame people for not wanting to pay $25 for parking, $100 for a pair of tix, $40 bucks on food to watch a horrible product on the field? I still support the Browns, but I have no desire to go to anymore games... I will sit at home and watch on tv. At times, I dont blame ticket holders for selling their tickets.

Kinda interesting. I pay $10 to park, and I eat before I go in and I drive all the way from Rochester, NY.

You spend as much at the game as you want to.

Spending $40 on food isn't a necessity.

BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

BS

The thing is, as FSU was saying, these sections arent just fans dumping tickets to games they dont want to go to... ticket brokers buy up the seats at the beginning of the season and put them up directly on their site.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Yesterday was PATHETIC.

BS

The thing is, as FSU was saying, these sections arent just fans dumping tickets to games they dont want to go to... ticket brokers buy up the seats at the beginning of the season and put them up directly on their site.

Yes.

Look at all the row seats for 2 or 3x face value.

That is BS

roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's about an 80% chance everyone gets fired. Wouldn't shock me to seen us draft a Qb if we finished top 5 in the draft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns were down 14-0 yesterday before half of the fans were even in their seats.
Once again we were NOT PREPARED to play a game ... a "MUST WIN" game for that matter.
There is no sense of urgency in the front office or coaching staff.

We have an offensive-minded head coach - yet I don't think he has had one opening drive TD in his tenure. He cannot even script a drive to score????

If you want to blame it on execution, that is fine with me.
The players that are not executing were brought in by this FO!
Our starting G's, our RT, Josh GOrdon, Greg Little - these guys were broguht in by Heckert.

The most frustrating thing is that our staff doesn't seem to get MAD when we get embarassed? Yesterday was a joke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: