Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Dalton stats tease

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Andy Dalton stats tease Reply with quote

Andy Dalton so far through week 3 (keep in mind Rodgers has yet to play this week):

2nd in NFL in YPA (9.13)
8th in yards (867)
T-5 in TD's (6)
4th in QB rating
T-5 in completion % (68.4%)

All this, while being 21st in attempts (sure to be 22nd after tonight).

He's been great so far this season. If the Bengals have any hope to reach 9-10 wins again, he has to continue this pace of play.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been fantastic. We haven't played very good defenses in the past 2 weeks so its tough to judge. When he has time he has been fantastic though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
He has been fantastic. We haven't played very good defenses in the past 2 weeks so its tough to judge. When he has time he has been fantastic though

I won't argue that he's one of the best QB's in the league. But i had my doubts coming into the season, and it's nice to see that he's answered the bell so far.

Needless to say, if he finishes the season with these kind of numbers, i'll be very happy to toot his horn.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I won't argue that he's one of the best QB's in the league. But i had my doubts coming into the season, and it's nice to see that he's answered the bell so far.

Needless to say, if he finishes the season with these kind of numbers, i'll be very happy to toot his horn.

Completely agree. He has started great and really looks like a top tier guy, SO FAR. Once he plays Pitt, Dallas and some of the other tough defenses then we can judge him better.

If he finishes the season like this, everyone will have to admit (minus NBT) that he is a legit QB and can be a very good QB in this league

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Once he plays Pitt, Dallas and some of the other tough defenses then we can judge him better.

If he finishes the season like this, everyone will have to admit (minus NBT) that he is a legit QB and can be a very good QB in this league

Loved Dalton from the very first time I saw him play with TCU.

He just looks so goddam cool back there, and he looks more and more in command thru each game. The Bengals have done well to get him more weapons this season, and he's going to get better and better if we can protect him and keep him healthy.

Hanging 38 on that tough redskin D in DC was something else Sunday, hopefully lots more to come from the Dalton gang.

Just need the defence to start playin.....
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Once he plays Pitt, Dallas and some of the other tough defenses then we can judge him better.

Loved Dalton from the very first time I saw him play with TCU.

He just looks so goddam cool back there, and he looks more and more in command thru each game. The Bengals have done well to get him more weapons this season, and he's going to get better and better if we can protect him and keep him healthy.

Hanging 38 on that tough redskin D in DC was something else Sunday, hopefully lots more to come from the Dalton gang.
Just need the defence to start playin.....

That's the thing though. The Redskins were last in the NFL in touchdowns given up. They are without their best pass rusher and starting DE. Their defense is not good right now. While he played great, I don't put a ton of stock in it quite yet.

Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still a bit of a skeptic. While these numbers are good, he laid an egg against the only good defense he played this year and has yet to lead us to win against either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. My major complaint is against good defenses we are very easy to predict.

My major concern is he is not very accurate on deep passes. His numbers were good against Cleveland, but they should have been great. He missed several throws to the end zone and I am hesitant to put him in the next tier until he starts making all of the throws. We really are taking away AJ's best strength with Dalton at QB.

I haven't seen a deep ball as good as Sanu threw it on Sunday since Carson in '05. Would be nice to see more of that from AJ, but he can't throw himself the ball.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
I am still a bit of a skeptic. While these numbers are good, he laid an egg against the only good defense he played this year and has yet to lead us to win against either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. My major complaint is against good defenses we are very easy to predict.

My major concern is he is not very accurate on deep passes. His numbers were good against Cleveland, but they should have been great. He missed several throws to the end zone and I am hesitant to put him in the next tier until he starts making all of the throws. We really are taking away AJ's best strength with Dalton at QB.

I haven't seen a deep ball as good as Sanu threw it on Sunday since Carson in '05. Would be nice to see more of that from AJ, but he can't throw himself the ball.

Sure it was a nice throw by Mo, but it was more of a great play call by the coaches. If Dalton is in there, AJ is probably double-teamed; it only worked because the skins safety snuck up to the LOS to play the wildcat run, leaving AJ singled up. By the time Fletcher calls a throw the play is over.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:

Its fine to be sceptical about Dalton; we all are; guy hasn't played 20 games yet.

Oh BTW, he's 11-9 so far; I'd have taken that a year ago. Just think back to where we were when CP quit, all things considered, Dalton has done just fantastic IMO.

We worry too much about the 'deep ball' IMO; Dalton has hit on several deep plays to Hawkins, Tate and Binns. AJ is such a deep threat now, 2-deep coverage is almost the norm against him, the deep ball play is often taken away. Its a better % play to hit a 15 yarder with the WR getting another 20+ YAC; (see Andrew Hawkins for details).

Dalton has passed for 300+ the last two games, a QBR of 105 and is ranked #2 in the league @ 9.1 in terms of yards per completion. Thats up markedly over last year, which means he is either throwing longer better, and/ or has a better WR corps. Probably a little of both.

I think we all know, there's much much more to QB play than the 'deep ball', and I for one will take Andys' cool calm leadership, low-risk game management and accuracy any time.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:

Sure, but play calling generally isn't Dalton's fault. Marvin always calls a 'conservative' game in division matches.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
That's the thing though. The Redskins were last in the NFL in touchdowns given up. They are without their best pass rusher and starting DE. Their defense is not good right now. While he played great, I don't put a ton of stock in it quite yet.

Remember, Daltons first QB play was a pick-six. I know Kerrigan knocked Andy's arm on the play, but even a completed ball there gives WAS a safety.

It speaks tons to Andy's strength that he bounces back from that play in a loud stadium on the road, and gets the W.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: