Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FIRE Jim Haslett!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
If this defense does not improve, something needs to change. Whether it is personnel, play-calling, leadership...something. Yesterday was a woeful performance.
I think it's personnel but nothing can be done about that till March or April. Woz was sooo right about our secondary. Of course most of us weren't counting on Tanard Jackson being suspended nor Meriweather being out a month. This secondary hasn't been good since Sean Taylor passed away and just like the OL and since Jon Jansen was cut, you'd think in 5 offseasons the front office could have fixed those problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.

And replace with who?
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

I mean really, were giving up 30+ a game right now, it's not going to get much worse if we make the move, and it might help. Haslet is replaceable.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been calling for this move for soo long that it dosen't make sense. Never thought we shouldve moved to a 3-4 D and when we did have him be the one to lead a deffense he never ran. Morris IMO would for sure play more man to man (up if your face type D) rather than this (our CB's 10 yards away from opposing WR's) as the WR's blow rite pass them. I was so much more comfortable with AJ Green catching balls over D.Hall with D.Hall rite there in his face over AJ catching easy balls because D.Hall is too far back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.
There is no way that solves the personnel problem and neither one of them have ever made calls in a 3-4 D before. Slowik was the defensive coordinator for Shanahan towards the end of Shanahan's tenure in Denver. Basically, he's the reason Shanahan was fired and he'd be unemployed if it wasn't for Shanahan.

Morris I could see but not right now, no good comes out of firing a coach mid season. I don't see Shanahan doing that, possibly after the season though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Morris apparently can't teach his own DBs how to cover. Oh and he's never coached a 3-4 system in his life.

Slowik just got named as the linebackers coach, and, as previously mentioned, he sucked as a defensive coordinator. But hey, let's give him those duties now Rolling Eyes
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Morris apparently can't teach his own DBs how to cover. Oh and he's never coached a 3-4 system in his life.

Slowik just got named as the linebackers coach, and, as previously mentioned, he sucked as a defensive coordinator. But hey, let's give him those duties now Rolling Eyes

Is Morris responsible for the DB's lining 10-15 yards away from the WR's? This is a question not a shot at you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem really isnt coaching right now. It's personnel, we have a bunch of DBs who wouldn't be starting on almost every other team in the league who are starting for us.

Coaching can't fix that much lack of talent

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
And replace with who?
slowik or Morris.

this!!! Morris may be the answer in time but I can tell you what.

If slowik is the answer, it must be one freaky question...
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the idea of firing coaches into the season, but Haslett is bad. But the change will be made after this season. I think that all out blitz call is such a horrid play that the skins have been beat to many times on for it to keep being called. I mean I agree that the secondary needs talent but why would you leave them on an island if you know they arent good.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Okay, you can keep the DC who is currently coaching a defense that is on a historic pace for ineptitude, myself however, would try something different. Morris doesn't call all out blitzes on 2nd and 20 and damn sure doesn't leave his defense in zone coverage that allows a guy to catch 12 passes in one half of football. If you actually think it can get worse by firing Haslett then you're not paying attention, this defense is on pace to give up over 5K yards through the air, we've never even given up 4K before.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
And replace with who?
slowik or Morris.

this!!! Morris may be the answer in time but I can tell you what.

If slowik is the answer, it must be one freaky question...

He can't be worse, it's not even possible at the moment.
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
The problem really isnt coaching right now. It's personnel, we have a bunch of DBs who wouldn't be starting on almost every other team in the league who are starting for us.

Coaching can't fix that much lack of talent

DeAngelo Hall and Josh Wilson are starting calibre cornerbacks. They both have their issues, however with the amount of long plays given up, you have to think that the issue is as much with the safety play as the corner play. I would argue it's the safeties more than the corners.

Yes, Gomes should never have lined up on AJ Green, but I think that specifically points to coaches. Yes, DeAngelo would have been better off leaving Dalton entirely unoccupied rather than leaving Gomes with Green/ Either way, Gomes and Ma.Williams should be on the same page there, and be cognizant of the fact that a team will always go to their premier receiver when matched up on a safety.

In short, they were unprepared for the wildcat...or that's what it looked like.

lavar703: Yes, Slowik absolutely can be worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: