Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Tebow and the Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Takes It?
San Francisco 49ers
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
New York Jets
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Carolina Panthers
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

neezy007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culliver was one of those "WHO WAT THE HELL PICKS!" he has worked out nicely.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:

Like our 1st rounder that year. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Like our 1st rounder that year. Laughing

Like our 7th rounder.

Like our first rounder this year.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were supposed to do a rookie tracker last year and I made a early request for Chris Culliver. However, SoCalNiner AGAIN lagged and never went with the tracker Laughing .

Culliver just has the perfect size for a CB and is our fastest defender. He played safety in college until his senior year where he was moved to CB. I never expected him to perform all that well early on but he was solid last year. It took Nnamdi Asomugha two to three years to fully get the CB position as he was a safety in college himself. He then had a six year stretch where he was one of the best shutdown CBs since Deion Sanders. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying maybe Culliver becomes a top 5 CB Wink .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“He’s just comfortable with the offense,” Gore said. “Now he’s just playing football, just doing what he was doing in college. He’s always had the dogness in him. I knew he was going to be all right his rookie year because of how mean and how nasty he was.”

Quote:
“I do love the way Anthony Davis plays and I would say our whole o-line,” Gore said. “They play great together. Mike Iupati, he’ll beast you. They play great together. Boone, (Jonathan) Goodwin, Joe (Staley). We’ve got a great line.”

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/09/27/frank-gore-puts-in-overtime/

I agree, Davis has that dog in him and is a nasty player. I loved the way he stepped up to Suh last year and dominated Avril. He had some mental lapses early on but this year he seems focused. Hopefully he can keep it up along with the rest of the O-line.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Corrente will officiate our game on Sunday vs the Jets, per Maiocco.

-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Hill is doubtful.

Damn was looking forward to Culliver getting tested deep when matched up against him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Damn was looking forward to Culliver getting tested deep when matched up against him.
He's been looking good so far too (Hill). I remember myself among others wanting to draft him. On another note, Cromartie says he is now the best CB in the NFL now that Revis went down. Laughing

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromartie is a good CB, but he's not even playing the best from his family right now.

I was intrigued with Stephen Hill as well, and wanted him in the 1st round. Oh well, Culliver will have to lock up Kerley and Holmes now Wink . I don't think Hill has done much since the first week or at least I don't he has.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
“He’s just comfortable with the offense,” Gore said. “Now he’s just playing football, just doing what he was doing in college. He’s always had the dogness in him. I knew he was going to be all right his rookie year because of how mean and how nasty he was.”

Quote:
“I do love the way Anthony Davis plays and I would say our whole o-line,” Gore said. “They play great together. Mike Iupati, he’ll beast you. They play great together. Boone, (Jonathan) Goodwin, Joe (Staley). We’ve got a great line.”

I agree, Davis has that dog in him and is a nasty player. I loved the way he stepped up to Suh last year and dominated Avril. He had some mental lapses early on but this year he seems focused. Hopefully he can keep it up along with the rest of the O-line.

According to Profootballfocus he hasn’t surrendered a sack or a quarterback hit in our first thee games. Definitely off to a good start.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

He's been looking good so far too (Hill). I remember myself among others wanting to draft him. On another note, Cromartie says he is now the best CB in the NFL now that Revis went down. Laughing

Hill looked good the in first game, but other than that he seemed to disappear the last two games.

^Kempes^
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Hill looked good the in first game, but other than that he seemed to disappear the last two games.

I'm pretty sure he doesnt even have a catch since his first game. I'm nervous about this game though. Hopefully the boys are ready. I cant take another week of answering questions about how my team lost. Gets pretty annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
49ers4life52 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I'm pretty sure he doesnt even have a catch since his first game. I'm nervous about this game though. Hopefully the boys are ready. I cant take another week of answering questions about how my team lost. Gets pretty annoying.

Annoying would be putting it mildly for me. I live in Arizona and the Cardinals are 3-0 with a very cushy schedule for the next gazillion games. Work is almost unbearable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

According to Profootballfocus he hasn’t surrendered a sack or a quarterback hit in our first thee games. Definitely off to a good start.

So good to see some improvement in Davis. He came out as one of the younger guys and so still had a lot of upside. We're beginning to see him realize some of that potential this year. Let's hope he keeps right on getting better for a few more years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A worrisome stat for me ... we're 27th in the league in giving up sacks and 22nd in getting them. Teams that give up few sacks and get a lot almost always do well. We can overcome these deficits, but we'll be a much better team if we can protect our qb better and sack the other qb more often.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 4 of 54

Jump to: