Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: TNF - Browns @ Rats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Good
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Evil
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Hornby
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
fte88 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Can someone tell me what the 15 yard bench penalty after the intent grounding was? They snuck it in there after the penalty with no explanation.

I was on the way home from work at the time so I was listening on the radio and Donovan and Dieken said he way laying into the ref. Neither seemed surprised or upset with the flag.

Fair enough. However reading the comments of Harbaugh and Kruger is killing me, complaining about a call when you win? Just be happy you got the W

I know seriously.

Just some more publicity for the officials.

Shut the front door.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction for last night was a 42-14 loss. We actually gave them a fight and had a chance to tie in the last second. I'm proud of that. We did not embarrass ourselves in front of a national audience. I thought we would. However 0-4 really sucks.

I really liked how Weeden came back after the pick 6. He looked like he belongs after that. Does he perhaps have that "it" that can win games or come back victories? Don't know, but I'm starting to see flashes.

There is no jelly or peanut butter that could save the burnt toast that is Patterson. Can't believe no one has mentioned it. But every play the Ravens made seemed like Patterson was behind it.

The Thomas hold was very ticky tack.

The d-line played great. Got winded in the 4th it looked like, but they played great. We are one RDE from being elite. When was the last time we had that?

Mack sucked. Probably because the guards missed their assignments, but Mack whiffed on several plays. But, is it because they are bad, is it the scheme, or are they just not getting coached properly? Hmmmmm... Seems a little on the scheme side as they look confused on their blocking assignments.

Little knows how to get open and runs really good routes. But can he cure the drops? He can be a stud if he does. I for one am willing to give him more time.

Richardson? Oh yeahhhh!

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
bosko1616

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st bench Marecic start Smelley he was FB for Richardson at Bama and look how Richardson performed I'm not saying it was because of smelley he did so well but I think we will so much better with Smelley in the Backfield.

2nd I would seriously consider starting Ryan Miller over louvuo. he's much bigger and strong then him.

3rd if were not going to start Sheldon Brown at CB and stick with Haden and Skrine at CB have Brown start at FS

4th give Richardson the ball more Jeeze stop trying to throw the ball so much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:

The Thomas hold was very ticky tack.!

idk, he got caught with his arms extend with jersey in his hands. It was a legit holding call IMO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two small things that made a big impact in my opinion.
First was the play right before the pick 6. A reverse by Benjamin. We had 2nd and 5. Benjamin had a choice to cut it up for a 3-4 yard gain and take a hit, or stretch it out of bounds. He took it out of bounds leaving us with 3rd and 5 instead of 3rd and 2. 3rd and 2 opens your entire play book, maybe we still throw a pick six on the next play, maybe we don't.
I have been OK with the play calling this year so far. It's the execution that has been the majority of the problems which with all these rookies is to be expected. However, with 10 minutes to go in the game, we were down by 10. We throw three straight incompletions to go 3 and out. It was way to early to panic. We can't continue to put weeden in third and longs and expect success.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
First was the play right before the pick 6. A reverse by Benjamin. We had 2nd and 5. Benjamin had a choice to cut it up for a 3-4 yard gain and take a hit, or stretch it out of bounds. He took it out of bounds leaving us with 3rd and 5 instead of 3rd and 2. 3rd and 2 opens your entire play book, maybe we still throw a pick six on the next play, maybe we don't.
I have been OK with the play calling this year so far. It's the execution that has been the majority of the problems which with all these rookies is to be expected. However, with 10 minutes to go in the game, we were down by 10. We throw three straight incompletions to go 3 and out. It was way to early to panic. We can't continue to put weeden in third and longs and expect success.

I agree with all of this. And I noticed that as well with benji on the end around.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

haha!

The lulz continue

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
bosko1616

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st bench Marecic start Smelley he was FB for Richardson at Bama and look how Richardson performed I'm not saying it was because of smelley he did so well but I think we will so much better with Smelley in the Backfield.

2nd I would seriously consider starting Ryan Miller over louvuo. he's much bigger and strong then him.

3rd if were not going to start Sheldon Brown at CB and stick with Haden and Skrine at CB have Brown start at FS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosko1616 wrote:

1. I agree here. It doesn't necessarily have to be Smelley, but the fact that our FB can't get the job done is embarrassing. There are probably like 15 FBs cut a year by teams that are better than Marecic, it's not really a position many teams are weak at. There are so many guys NOT in the NFL that can get the job done at FB. I mean I'd rather have Charles Ali at this point.

2. Ryan Miller didn't show us anything this preseason, so nope. If anything it would be Greco, but I don't think that's going to happen or make a difference.

3. I'm confused at why our staff completely shot down the idea of Brown at CB

4. Like I said in the other thread, it won't make much of a difference if we insist on slamming the ball inside over and over again into the heart of the defense.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better keep Pat Shurmur around, apparently he has the ability to make elite awesome teams play down to us. He apparently did it with the Eagles and the Bengals and did it again with the Ravens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

The Thomas hold was very ticky tack.!

idk, he got caught with his arms extend with jersey in his hands. It was a legit holding call IMO

I agree.

Our boy got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Easy call for the refs honestly.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

I agree with all of this. And I noticed that as well with benji on the end around.

This has been a gripe of mine the last 2 games. 10 minutes is all the time in the world if you execute your offense. There is no need for Shurmur to completely abandon the running game in the second half just because we're down a score or two.

On a side note, would some no huddle kill us? That's pretty much what Weeden ran the last 5 years, why not give it a go early to get him/our offense going?

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64
Page 64 of 64

Jump to: