Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Very good Mary Hurney interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Very good Mary Hurney interview Reply with quote

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/marty-hurney-answers-tough-questions-on-the-mac-attack/

Thanks CK
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listened to it. Thought it was great that they put the heat on Marty a little bit.

I still think Marty's a good GM. He's great with the salary cap and he's drafted some pretty good players. However the 09 and 10 drafts were terrible but I think that had more to do with Fox if anything.

One thing to remember though was that last Sunday came down to 2 plays, we were that close. I think Marty's right that the team is still searching for their identity. I hope we become a more aggressive team.

I say we draft a hybrid DT/DE in the first round (if they are out there) and see whats available in free agency for FS. If we can get another corner stone pass rusher our defense will be scary.

Beason is going to take time to get back to form but I agree with the criticism that it should be Luke out there on 3rd down.
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great interview. I'm so glad they didn't take it easy on him. I hope the part about Keek seeing the field more on passing down actually changes some things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Panthers_draft_history#2011_draft

^ For those who want to keep thinking Hurney can draft well.

If you look at the last the drafts 2009-2011, it's real ugly. Cam, Lafell, Hardy and Munnerlyn are the only players that actually contribute.

2012's class is doing well, but I think it's gonna take another really solid class to get this team to the point of contending for a SB.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bill Pollian says the best GM's bat about .550 to .600 on picks. They all have there bust. Looks like Hurney's best drafting position is oline. There are players that have left starting on other teams.

It took some balls for Hurney to go on there and take the blame for our record.

Thanks CK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: