Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i give cp props this is the best game he has ever played as a raider.

Nah the Thursday night game against the Chargers was better, but it was still a hell of a game for Palmer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i give cp props this is the best game he has ever played as a raider.

Nah the Thursday night game against the Chargers was better, but it was still a hell of a game for Palmer.

NCOUGH only like TDs on a stat line. So yes, based on that, it was his best game.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

- Tyvon Branch - I know I lit a fire under you guys w/ all my talks about him over the offseason but has anyone been paying attention?? Has anyone noticed how very average he is? I put him in the bad b/c dude REALLY needs to go to Geometry class. He takes the worst angles I've seen. I can't specifically remember what plays they were but he infuriated me.

He's definitely not playing well so far.

I'd say only Shaughnessy and Wheeler have been good on D so far.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I think we ran better blitzes in the 4th so shout out to everyone involved with that. But at the same time our ST's almost let up a TD again so they really need to improve on that.

No one mentioned the Bryant, Ro or Pat Lee for the FF's. Someone also had one on Wallace too.

Wheeler had a few nice plays too. One ugly one though.

Hagan deserves a mention for being so clutch as well. Dmoe too.

That's about all I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The last play on defense, they went 2 down linemen and the rest LBs. Burris made the play. That was an interesting set.

Wheeler understands how to force turnovers. Had 2 knocked away that his teammates didn't fall on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

- Tyvon Branch - I know I lit a fire under you guys w/ all my talks about him over the offseason but has anyone been paying attention?? Has anyone noticed how very average he is? I put him in the bad b/c dude REALLY needs to go to Geometry class. He takes the worst angles I've seen. I can't specifically remember what plays they were but he infuriated me.

Jtagg has a point. Tyvon regressed big time in coverage this year. Quite disappointed in his play as well as Huff's. Shaggy and Wheeler have been stepping up though. Houston has been solid vs the run but not that good at pass rushing. McClain, Bryant and Burris have shown flashes too. Need more consistent playmakers as BP has mentioned though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Pros
Palmer Cool
Run Game!
Reece
Myers
Oline.. I think we found our RT. Willie Smith
Wheeler

Cons
Pryor didnt play

FIFY

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
mastayetti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

Myers: The guy has been great for us this year. makes consistent catches in the passing game and solid in the blocking game also. Solid TE

Oline: Picked it up in the 2nd half and protected Palmer. Hit a big run and grinded out some yardage late on the ground. Passing game picked up and Hagan was clutch and Streater had a big catch for us too. Allowed the offense to get going. Willie Smith had a good game for us and I hope we found ourselves a starting right tackle to book end with JV for a long time.

ST: Punt coverage still needs to clean up a little bit but Brown is a good returner and Pitt did have a few holding and blocking in the back penalties on some punts But Jano was money, glad Condo is healthy, Lechler was lechler and Goodson looked good returning kicks.

Bad:

Branch: Not living up to his deal so far, needs to improve. disappointed in him so far this year.

Mundy: just and bad hit, hope DHB is ok.

Ugly:

Pass coverage: Terrible job and got no help up front till late in the game, when we finally got some pressure, WR ran free all game with little to no resistance. Needs to get healthy as we haven't started the same back four all year.

Pass Rush: Terrible job upfront for 98% of this game, I think Carver had to go deep into the playbook to manufacture some pressure upfront late. that 2 dline set at the end was interesting hopefully we can see some more of that. This needs to improve big time if we want to be competitive.

Glad we got a win, first one for Mc K and DA (Happy B-day coach) but we still need improvement all across the board but hopefully they can build off this game and start to get rolling.

Peyton and company up in Denver next, they just lost two in a row and will be looking to turn it around, big rivals coming to town they should be fired up.

Lets enjoy Monday and then get ready ITS DENVER WEEK BOYS!!!!!!!

alright I'm off to go Vault hunting....

Big_Palooka on the sig mastery
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Jtagg has a point. Tyvon regressed big time in coverage this year. Quite disappointed in his play as well as Huff's. Shaggy and Wheeler have been stepping up though. Houston has been solid vs the run but not that good at pass rushing. McClain, Bryant and Burris have shown flashes too. Need more consistent playmakers as BP has mentioned though.

any word on when curry might return?

bartell and spencer?

needs these guys on the field for at least 2nd half of the season
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

bartell and spencer?

I think Curry can come back week 7 against JAX but no word on his status.

I think Bartell can come back week 9 against TB but no word on his status either.

Spencer sounds like he will wont be out past the bye week.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the pass defense its exactly what I said would happen. We should not have played off so much. Most of the times we played tight coverage we made a stop.

Lee made improvements and Huff didnt play bad. I think he just needs to press more when in coverage. But definatley a weakness. Very disappointed in our TE coverage as well. Wonder why Mitchell hasnt got any time covering the TE. Branch just isnt cutting it thus far in any of the games.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

bartell and spencer?

Hold on -- I'll use my psychic powers....

No. I don't have a freaking clue lmao.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

bartell and spencer?

Hold on -- I'll use my psychic powers....

No. I don't have a freaking clue lmao.

aight it's cool

tiberius rising seemed to have a more then a clue

ill go with that, thx tb
early43

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good has Jared Veldheer been this season??

Through three games, has he even allowed a QB pressure yet? McK need to lock this guy up long term and soon.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
How good has Jared Veldheer been this season??

Through three games, has he even allowed a QB pressure yet? McK need to lock this guy up long term and soon.

As far as i can tell, he has been very good. Wiz looked a lot better yesterday as well.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Tyvon Branch been bad? Whenever I notice him, he's flying to the ball and making a ton of tackles around the LOS. Maybe I need to pay more attention to him in coverage, but I thought he's been doing a phenomenal job against the run so far this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: