Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade Carpenter for a box of Girl Scout Cookies?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Would you trade Carpenter for a box of Girl Scout Cookies? Reply with quote

I'm thinking Somoan's Those are my favorite!

In all seriousness, maybe we should draft a kicker in the first round like Oakland did.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't Carpenter been a pretty reliable kicker for us?

I mean, he missed 2 today that could've turned this into a win, BUT, aren't his numbers normally pretty good?
Fender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

I mean, he missed 2 today that could've turned this into a win, BUT, aren't his numbers normally pretty good?
Until last year I never worried about missing a kick inside 50 yards... but ever since his 0/4 performance last year his luster is gone. Today, his 2 missed were crucial... and against the jets...
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

Meh, can't say he's been awful but he certaintly hasn't been very good. He's an average kicker but the killer is he's one the most un-clutch kicker i've seen. Seems like all his misses are when we need the points the most.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy has been on lock for us but ever since last year and today he is less reliable. He missed two important field goals... both that would have ended the game. Kickers don't get many chances when they miss game winning field goals.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
pope137

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickers would be tried out on Tuesday if they performed well. And have a decent history behind them I sign them ASAP. Carpenter is done. Guy is unclutch as it gets.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? Our team sucks anyways. I'd rather have a high draft pick than a victory that is essentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We should have sucked for Luck last year and we should suck for a good player this year. Keep up the good work, Carpenter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Who cares? Our team sucks anyways. I'd rather have a high draft pick than a victory that is essentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We should have sucked for Luck last year and we should suck for a good player this year. Keep up the good work, Carpenter.

Another season of this garbage? When do you want us to win games? Never?
hammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

You don't get a mulligan when you choke against the Jets. Same goes for Tanny Boy's pick six.
NBA: New York Knicks
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not all on Carpenter as much as it sucks that he missed them.

It's also on Tannehill for having a very poor outing. He didn't do enough, wasn't accurate enough, and really should have been a lot better, even against the Jets D. He did a good job of evading the blitz, but not a good enough of throwing it accurately to his target or to a target worth throwing to. And that INT TD was just pure reading of Tannehill's eyes. Landry was nowhere near Fasano at first. Look away!!!

Fingers must be pointed at the pass rush and secondary for allowing Sanchez to get going like that. The coaches can talk Wake up all they like and he has improved against the run and still gets tons of hurries, but we get the sack far too rarely to stop the passing game. The coverage isn't really that much to blame, I'd say.

The coaching staff clearly made mistakes as well. I really didn't like how we set up for the FG in OT. I don't think you put it on a kicker who missed a similar kick earlier to hit it now. Too much pressure, I say, and I would've definitely tried to get a few more yards on 2nd down.

Well, that's all she wrote fellas. This season is going to be another long one, in all likelihood. Heart wrenching loss.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I would have made this thread it would have been locked. >.>

If you don't blame Carpenter then you're in denial.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
We should have sucked for Luck last year and we should suck for a good player this year.

Are we going to bring this up everytime this team loses? Come on man! Move on!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Enough of this crap. You (and all the other suck-fers) act like we're one freakin' draft pick from winning the super-bowl, you act as if Luck or RG3 guarantees super-bowl victories. The Colts had Peyton for ages and only when their defense came to play did he get them a title. We had Marino for ages and barely sniffed a SB win...

The only thing losing guarantees is that were losers. Period.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Carpenter missed two long filed goals. Those are never guaranteed, and I'm miffed that we "settled" for a 47 yarder. We needed another ten to fifteen yards to help our kicker. Question, how many of our kickoffs got returned?

- Tannehill threw a pick six. Rookie mistake? Maybe, but it cost us seven points while Carpenter cost us six points.

- Reggie Bush was very effective until he got hurt. We do need to resign him. Daniel Thomas looks overmatched to me. He doesn't do anything great, and combining that with the turnovers makes it hard to justify keeping him around. I think we need to draft another power runner next year and let Thomas walk.

- How many times did we get our hands on Sanchez only to let him get away. Our pass rush (or lack thereof) is a huge weakness we need to address. Frustrating.

- The running game looked good until Bush got injured. Considering how ineffective our passing game is, it's remarkable that we can run the football the way we do. I love it.

- Again, our receivers are weak. Armstrong dropped a perfectly placed ball when we badly needed a first down deep in our territory. We need to draft two more pass catchers next year. This offense needs some weapons BADLY.

- I'm adjusting my expectation from 3 wins to 5 wins. We still stink and have a long way to go. But right now the team is not worthless. We run the ball well, and stuff the run very well. That's a start.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
- Carpenter missed two long filed goals. Those are never guaranteed, and I'm miffed that we "settled" for a 47 yarder. We needed another ten to fifteen yards to help our kicker. Question, how many of our kickoffs got returned?

- Tannehill threw a pick six. Rookie mistake? Maybe, but it cost us seven points while Carpenter cost us six points.

- Reggie Bush was very effective until he got hurt. We do need to resign him. Daniel Thomas looks overmatched to me. He doesn't do anything great, and combining that with the turnovers makes it hard to justify keeping him around. I think we need to draft another power runner next year and let Thomas walk.

- How many times did we get our hands on Sanchez only to let him get away. Our pass rush (or lack thereof) is a huge weakness we need to address. Frustrating.

- The running game looked good until Bush got injured. Considering how ineffective our passing game is, it's remarkable that we can run the football the way we do. I love it.

- Again, our receivers are weak. Armstrong dropped a perfectly placed ball when we badly needed a first down deep in our territory. We need to draft two more pass catchers next year. This offense needs some weapons BADLY.

- I'm adjusting my expectation from 3 wins to 5 wins. We still stink and have a long way to go. But right now the team is not worthless. We run the ball well, and stuff the run very well. That's a start.

I don't think that the OP was saying Carpenter was the only reason we lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: