Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I forgot about Suh's existence up until reading your guy's comments Laughing

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Cantwin1 wrote:
I don't recall hearing Suh's or Fairley's name at all today. Did they even play? Have they disappeared this season or did our line play that well against them?

I listened to it on XM (the Lions' home radio broadcast)...I recall Fairley's name getting called...after getting burned trying to arm tackle AD.

Statistically on defense they haven't improved one bit since Fairley or Suh was drafted.
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really would have loved if the Vikings had been able to draft Suh, but unfortunately he hasn't made the impact I thought he would. I wanted nothing to do with Fairley. If not Ponder, I was looking at Amukamara (who really hasn't made an impact yet, although he still might be suffering from the after-effects from that injury last year).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I really would have loved if the Vikings had been able to draft Suh, but unfortunately he hasn't made the impact I thought he would. I wanted nothing to do with Fairley. If not Ponder, I was looking at Amukamara (who really hasn't made an impact yet, although he still might be suffering from the after-effects from that injury last year).

Yeah, Prince is suffering effects from injury last year and new injury this year, thus far in his career he has been injury prone. I was pulling for Ponder and almost correctly predicted 5 QB's in round one that year.

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win, Vikings fans!

I was at the game today and it was clear the Vikings came to play. Best of luck the rest of the way.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so easy to look at the 319 passing yards we gave up today, but I believe the more telling stat is the 0 TDs we gave up.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
It's so easy to look at the 319 passing yards we gave up today, but I believe the more telling stat is the 0 TDs we gave up.

Yards is just a silly stat to look now it seems. It used to mean something, but I dont know how many times I have seen a 300 yard QB lose.... lol

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamarca Sanford = turnover machine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The broadcasters were mentioning that in the last 16 games, Lions are 6-10 not including yesterdays game I think.

They also mentioned the push from the D-Line has not been there recently. They didnt make a direct correlation, but wondered if the less of the "dirty play" reduces their effectiveness essentially.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linebacker Chad Greenway put a lick on Calvin Johnson, yielding a 15-yard penalty and may bring a fine from the NFL, too.

It happened early in the fourth quarter, when Stafford tried to hit Johnson on a drag route. Greenway said he "tried to" pull up, but replays showed his shoulder connected in Johnson's head/neck area after the ball glanced past.

Greenway: "You feel bad about that. Obviously, I don't want to get a penalty, for starters, to hurt our team. I certainly don't want to get a fine, because my wife will yell at me. And I don't want to hurt Calvin. I don't want to hurt anybody. For me, as a player, I'm thinking, he's going to catch that ball 99 percent of the time. He didn't that time, so when I go up to try to break the ball up, my pad -- it's clear on the tape that it hits his head. What are you going to do? They're going to throw the flag and I'm probably going to be assessed a fine and that's just the way they're going to do it."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Notebook_Percy_Harvin_Marcus_Sherels_drive_Vikings_special_delivery093012

his wife will yell at him...

Laughing

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Backus, the Lions’ longtime left tackle, knows better than anyone how hard it is to block Jared Allen. Because Backus has to do it twice a year, and Allen always gets the better of him. Last season, Allen had three sacks in each of the Vikings’ two games against the Lions. On Sunday, in the Vikings’ 20-13 win over the Lions, Allen had a sack and three tackles for loss. There are few bigger mismatches in the NFL than a one-on-one battle between Backus and Allen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/01/nfl-morning-after-peyton-manning-is-just-fine-thank-you/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Backus did a pretty good job on Allen in pass protection. Allen's lone sack wasnt really against Backus. If I recall, Allen didnt rush off the edge and slanted towards the middle of the field and got the sack as Stafford scrambled and stepped into the pocket. Backus struggled in the run game though.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the game:

Special teams have been very good throughout the year, and this was just a showcase of special teams (and how not to tackle by the Lions).

Peterson is getting so close to being back to 100%. It is scary good.

Ponder had an okay game, great touch on that pass late that basically sealed it. He didn't need to win the game, so he didn't pass all that much and is why he probably looked off because they didn't pass all that much as a whole, but he moved the team when needed.

Simpson opens up the deep passing game, but he needs to improve that area so they can push defenders further back and open up more over the middle for Harvin and Rudolph.

Defensive line was beastly.

Greenway had one dumb penalty and some very solid plays, he is definitely flashing this year after playing solid but nothing special last year.

DB's are getting better with age like a fine wine or cheese.

Overall this was a game where nothing besides special teams was really all that elite, but they were good enough to win with an average performance by the Lions.

I was surprised to hear that after their 5-0 start the Lions are 6-10 in their last 16 coming into the Vikings game (including playoffs).

milanb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Yards is just a silly stat to look now it seems. It used to mean something, but I dont know how many times I have seen a 300 yard QB lose.... lol

A team that scores a TD on special teams wins something like 83% of the time. The Vikings scored two in this game.

Realistically, if you take away the two kick return TDs the Vikings scored all of 6 points on two FG-scoring drives, both set up by long pass interference penalties.

The defence played well, but the Lions receivers dropped some key passes too, one of them in the End Zone.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
skywindO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long was the kick the Walsh missed?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: