Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank our Offensive Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
Colon probably stays at LG or at least starting somewhere in 2013.

Both Legs and Foster are FAs and Beachum or Lee sure as hell aren't ready to start let alone get a hat come game day.

Steelers apparently only save $1.4 mill by cutting next offesason(from another well known Steelers site that some of you are members of)

Sad but true...

By cutting Colon?

If thats the case, Im not surprised....and while I hate Colon, the front office is more to blame than anyone. What a joke that was....no way to even sugarcoat it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Both Legs and Foster are FAs and Beachum or Lee sure as hell aren't ready to start let alone get a hat come game day.

Steelers apparently only save $1.4 mill by cutting next offesason(from another well known Steelers site that some of you are members of)

Sad but true...

By cutting Colon?

If thats the case, Im not surprised....and while I hate Colon, the front office is more to blame than anyone. What a joke that was....no way to even sugarcoat it.

Yea Colon. Bad thing is that he took less $$$ to stay while the Bears offered a few more mill and same length contract. Even worse was Harvey Dahl, who is well known as a solid RG went for a mill less per season to the freaking Rams.

Cutting Harrison saves roughly $5 mill and Keisel 2.8 mill...a good chunk of change.(Again I give full credit to that other site)

Timmons being cut would actually cost the team $$$...sadly he's probably starting again next year.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

Sad but true...

By cutting Colon?

Yea Colon. Bad thing is that he took less $$$ to stay while the Bears offered a few more mill and same length contract. Even worse was Harvey Dahl, who is well known as a solid RG went for a mill less per season to the freaking Rams.

Cutting Harrison saves roughly $5 mill and Keisel 2.8 mill...a good chunk of change.(Again I give full credit to that other site)

Timmons being cut would actually cost the team $$$...sadly he's probably starting again next year.

Oh I vividly remember him taking less to stay here. I remember saying that was the first time I ever disliked a player for taking less to stay with the team. Laughing

Harrison will likely be gone, but if he comes back strong and stays healthy, he may stay on.

Timmons...Im not as down on as many. He sucked the first game but I thought the last 2 he has been better. I think he is being used poorly, much like Hood and Heyward. None of these players are meant to play lax and conservative the way leBeau currently has them playing....this is an attacking style defense with players that fit that mold. Right now, our defense looks like it did back in the day when we used to get big leads and then call off the dogs. Unfortunately, LeBeau hasnt even let the dogs off the leash. Part of that probably has to do with injuries and trying to adjust accordingly. Even back in the mid 2000s, it seemed like every time Troy was out of the lineup that LeBeau would become ultra conservative in his playcalling.

As stated....this defense needs to attack. Thats what its designed to do. Its like if on offense, we tried to run 40 times. We arent built to run anymore...we are built to pass....and the defense needs to get back to what they do best. It may not be as great as it was back in 2008, but it absolutely cannot be worse than what it is now.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise, surprise. I agree with 43's list in the order of ranking the OL.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: