Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CJ has proven just how useless and bad he really is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ today had 50ish yards on 11 carries, and -24 on 3 other carries.

One of those wasn't his fault. But I cannot get over those two plays in OT.
On that toss, he could have easily gotten back to the line of scrimmage if he follows the blockers. Instead he tries to immediately cut back, and ends up losing like 6 yards. Same on the single back play- he could've gotten 2 or 3 yards if he just runs straight forward. But he decides to cut back deep in the backfield, and loses 6 yards.

Today exemplified the best and worst of CJ. He was really playing well on those I-Back and off-tackle plays- he either hit the hole, or cutback RIGHT BEHIND the line of scrimmage and got 10+ yards twice on those cutbacks.

But then he keeps trying to be a big hero, and starts running sideways 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage for no reason.

I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Next week, he needs to buckle the [inappropriate/removed] down, and stop trying to make big things happen. Run the damn ball forward. They just need to make a rule that he can't start moving sideways unless he's within a yard or two of the line of scrimmage.

Today was his best day though- when he didn't pull a happy feet performance, he looked really good. The problem si that when he does pull the happy feet, we end up in TERRIBLE situations.

I have high hopes for next week- it appears that Palmer is figuring out the plays CJ is good at running. And CJ is running those fairly well. But unless CJ gets his head straight, and understands that he just needs to pick up yards, not break an 80 yards run, we're still going to have a lot of trouble. He very nearly cost us the game by screwing up so bad in OT. Luckily Tulloch is an idiot, and Locker is a hero.

If CJ doesn't stop pulling this stupid [inappropriate/removed], he should honestly be benched. Reynaud isn't as fast, but he's just as shifty and a better pass catcher. Ringer can run the zone blocks well, and you know he's going to get at least 2-3 yards every time he touches the ball because he'll actually run straight forward.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Stepfan Taylor being projected these days? If we can grab him in the 2nd or 3rd round I think he'd be a great fit.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be open to competition. If it was any other player performing so bad, i think it would be open for other players.

I mean we seen it with our former QBs and last year. Playing bad, bring in the next guy to see if they can do better.

CJ is no longer exempt from competition. His spot should be up for the taking. I applaud the Cardinals who weren't afraid to let Skelton be the starter even if Kolb gets paid more.

CJ is no longer the playmaker on the team. The gameplan should not revolve around him. He is just another player a role player in my mind. He is just an slighty average to average NFL RB now.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I think it should be open to competition. If it was any other player performing so bad, i think it would be open for other players.

I mean we seen it with our former QBs and last year. Playing bad, bring in the next guy to see if they can do better.

CJ is no longer exempt from competition. His spot should be up for the taking. I applaud the Cardinals who weren't afraid to let Skelton be the starter even if Kolb gets paid more.

CJ is no longer the playmaker on the team. The gameplan should not revolve around him. He is just another player a role player in my mind. He is just an slighty average to average NFL RB now.

This x 10. I pretty much agree with everyone's posts on this thread.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

This x 10. I pretty much agree with everyone's posts on this thread.

I agree with everything except for the part where CJ is an average player. Danny Woodhead is average, Javon Ringer is average, CJ is below average now- easily.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say open up the RB position also. Let Harper, Reynaud, Ringer & artist formally known as "every coaches dream" battle for touches. No way #28 should be exempt from competition. There are other guys on that team that want to play and contribute.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it's telling that they resulted to using Locker to run, as well as, the buble screens to the WRs. That is basically our run game. The "Long Handoff."

That is how useless CJ is right now. WRs and QBs are doing his job.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know after watching the game idk what the hell you guys are talking about. In this Detroit game he was not dancing or not running hard the offensive line is still moving nowhere and nobody's getting to the second level for him the battle was at the line of scrimmage every play. There were plays where we had wideouts attempting to block linebackers all 3 times were tackle's for loss. Chris Johnson isn't the problem any other running backs in the nfl get holes to run through. Two things i did notice was Chris runs much better with a fullback leading the way. Another is we ran no counter plays the hole game the front 7 would all swarm to one side of the ball and hit him at the line of scrimmage. His struggles are really do to how the plays are being drawn up with the combination of getting no blocking in front of him. Both of Johnson's big runs were because he bounced the ball back because the defense was being overly aggressive and not maintaining the back side edge.
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can't elude Kyle Vanden Bosche in the open field, he's not the same animal he was a couple years ago.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about everyone eles, but I know I am not saying he can't be productive.

I'm saying he isn't as good as he was.

Once where he was head and shoulders above the rest, he is know among the pack, if not behind it.

NFL RBs do grow on trees.

Yeah he had a couple good runs.... The line also got more push this game.

But as was just said...if he can't make KVB miss, he is no longer the "playmaker" he wanted to be paid like.
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd honestly prefer to cut or trade him at the end of the year and sign the top interior Olineman on the market (or maybe two rotational DEs so Morgan and Wimbley aren't both playing 90% of our snaps). I have to give the FO credit- it looks like the deal is structured in a way that we can essentially get out with a very small (proportionally to his contract) cap hit after his second year.
Plus, with having to resign Cookie, I know who I would choose at this point. Even if Cook's numbers are popping off the sheet right now, word is he's been a leader and busting his [inappropriate/removed] this year. If it comes down to a decision between keeping one or the other, I'm going with Cook.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I don't know about everyone eles, but I know I am not saying he can't be productive.

I'm saying he isn't as good as he was.

Once where he was head and shoulders above the rest, he is know among the pack, if not behind it.

NFL RBs do grow on trees.

Yeah he had a couple good runs.... The line also got more push this game.

But as was just said...if he can't make KVB miss, he is no longer the "playmaker" he wanted to be paid like.

As I've said before, he doesn't have "it" anymore. While the 10+ yard runs were nice, the old CJ would have bust them for a 20+ yard or maybe even a touchdown. As you said, he doesn't seem to have the "make you miss" ability that you want in an elite RB. He doesn't appear to be in that upper echelon of RBs anymore. The season's still young but at this point in time I'd like us to cut or trade CJ. I'm still hopeful that he'll make me eat crow but I'm doubtful.

Also that first run in OT was cringe worthy. As soon as he received the toss, he cut the other way for no reason. It ended up going for a loss of 8. It was absolutely ugly.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Also that first run in OT was cringe worthy. As soon as he received the toss, he cut the other way for no reason. It ended up going for a loss of 8. It was absolutely ugly.

I cringe whenever they hand him the ball honestly. I use to do that with the Former QB when he passed.

So weird to feel that way about CJ. I truthfully wish they didn't give him the ball..
Obie09

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:

The play was designed that way I'm pretty sure.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I cringe whenever they hand him the ball honestly. I use to do that with the Former QB when he passed.

So weird to feel that way about CJ. I truthfully wish they didn't give him the ball..

Which is why I think we'll be left with no choice but to cut/trade him. When it's cringe worthy everytime our runningback (who we're paying 8 million guarantee this year) runs the ball then it's time to move on. He's not even a playmaker in the passing game. You said it earlier, it's time to begin a RB competition. Let CJ, Ringer, Harper and Reynaud fight it out and let the best man win.

Heartbreaking may be too big of a term but it certainly saddens me that we even have to have this discussion about CJ. I've been one of CJ's biggest supporters over the years. I felt he and Adrian Peterson were 1A and 1B after the 2009 season. I thought he deserved to be payed. There's still a part of me that believes he'll return to his old form. Unfortunately it may be on another team.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: