Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turnover question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Turnover question Reply with quote

Ok, to begin with, understand that I don't know a darn thing about fantasy football and work with me here.

Is there a significant amount of points that are lost when a QB someone is starting turns the ball over 5 times?

The reason I ask this question is because, just off the top of my head, I can name 2 QB's that did that and a boat load of others that were in the 4 turnover ratio so far this season:

1. Vick vs. Browns 4 INT's
2. Romo vs. Bears 5 INT's
3. Rivers vs. Broncos 4 INT's , I FMB
4. E Manning vs. Panthers 4 INT's

What gives? It's just an amazing coincidence that every single QB in the league seems to have a day like this. Big Ben had a bad outing, P Manning, T Brady, A Rodgers....mind you, not t his bad but not good either.

The reason I ask is because I am really finding it difficult to accept this slop as Professional Football anymore. I mean, come on! Are these guys really this bad? Really? If I went to work and performed at that level, I wouldn't be close to having a job. And I am working for a fraction of the money these guys are earning.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picks have little to do these days with a corner simply out covering a Receiver (ala Deion Sanders INT)

It has more to do with complex offensive and defensive schemes resulting in a QB not picking up on the coverage at the line, or a WR not running the correct route based on an adjustment based on a coverage audible

There are days when the QB's and the WR's are not on the same page and the defense has the offense unprepared based on their scheme
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing league = more TDs and scores but also more picks.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Passing league = more TDs and scores but also more picks.

Also equals more fumbles, due to strip attempts during the pass rush.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: