Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry is the devil! I am going on vacation next week and I developed an ear infection and somehow, through various degrees of separation I will prove it is Jerry's fault!

Of course Jerry is not responsible for anything other than the operation of the Cowboys. As we have mentioned numerous times Jerry is a brilliant marketer and money maker. He is however an abysmal GM. And it is difficult when discussing what has been wrong with the Cowboys, what is currently wrong with the Cowboys, and what future remedies the team may need not to involve Jerry in the discussion. His stamp is all over the club. And he has been the only constant during our era of futility.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get back to the original topic.

Do you have confidence in Jason as a head coach? Do we think he can get this ship righted with the current talent on the team? Do we think he'll make the necessary adjustments on the offensive line if Bernadeau continues to not show improvement?

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job guys. Just like I predicted, as soon as TSSS mentioned Jerry Jones, we'd get as ish storm from Matts, TO7 and ht. Instead of welcoming back Plan9 and being happy for his return, all you militant optimists can do is bully and name call. It's really sad what you guys are turning this forum into.

All of Plan9 criticisms of the organization are legit. You guys KNOW he's right. But because you can't bring yourselves to admit that there's major organizational failures (starting with Jerry himself), all you guys can do is attack the poster and not the content. And for what? For being right. Instead of saying "Plan9, for years you have been critical of the organization for looking for too much flash and not enough substance. One quarter of the way through the season, it appears that you right. Obviously, the season not over so we will hold out hope until the cowboys are officially eliminated." That's how this should have gone down. Instead it's name called and attacks.

Plan9, welcome back to the forum. Please know that your insights are valued and the overwhelming majority of the forum appreciates your insights.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Great job guys. Just like I predicted, as soon as TSSS mentioned Jerry Jones, we'd get as ish storm from Matts, TO7 and ht. Instead of welcoming back Plan9 and being happy for his return, all you militant optimists can do is bully and name call. It's really sad what you guys are turning this forum into.

All of Plan9 criticisms of the organization are legit. You guys KNOW he's right. But because you can't bring yourselves to admit that there's major organizational failures (starting with Jerry himself), all you guys can do is attack the poster and not the content. And for what? For being right. Instead of saying "Plan9, for years you have been critical of the organization for looking for too much flash and not enough substance. One quarter of the way through the season, it appears that you right. Obviously, the season not over so we will hold out hope until the cowboys are officially eliminated." That's how this should have gone down. Instead it's name called and attacks.

Plan9, welcome back to the forum. Please know that your insights are valued and the overwhelming majority of the forum appreciates your insights.

Slam, drop it. We aren't here to discuss one another. We're here to talk football.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Do you have confidence in Jason as a head coach? Do we think he can get this ship righted with the current talent on the team? Do we think he'll make the necessary adjustments on the offensive line if Bernadeau continues to not show improvement?

Have there been any more rumors of Montrae Holland's return? He would be a serious upgrade at this point.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Have there been any more rumors of Montrae Holland's return? He would be a serious upgrade at this point.

I haven't heard, to be honest. Last I've read anything about it was this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1356279-dallas-cowboys-montrae-holland-still-available-to-help-dallas-bring-him-back

And that's from three days ago.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Slam, drop it. We aren't here to discuss one another. We're here to talk football.

I got you. I'm posting from my phone so I didn't actually see your post before I posted. All I'm saying that it would be nice if certain posters would attack the content of posts. If somebody posts something negative about Jerry, certain posters only attack the person and not the content of the message. I agree with you and hope that it stops.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I got you. I'm posting from my phone so I didn't actually see your post before I posted. All I'm saying that it would be nice if certain posters would attack the content of posts. If somebody posts something negative about Jerry, certain posters only attack the person and not the content of the message. I agree with you and hope that it stops.

And if guys post something positive, they should attack the post...not the poster Wink

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

And if guys post something positive, they should attack the post...not the poster Wink

When you lead the league in turnovers, can open holes for a running game and your QB nearly gets killed on a weekly basis with really no hope for improvement on the immediate horizon, it's not all sunshine and roses, my friend.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
When you lead the league in turnovers, can open holes for a running game and your QB nearly gets killed on a weekly basis with really no hope for improvement on the immediate horizon, it's not all sunshine and roses, my friend.

Agreed, but that's no reason to attack someone if they try and have a positive outlook.

Can't be all doom and gloom either, unless...y'know, that's your thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofujQz5170

^^^mack
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Agreed, but that's no reason to attack someone if they try and have a positive outlook.

Can't be all doom and gloom either, unless...y'know, that's your thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofujQz5170

It's good to have some guys still be optimistic. It creates balance here and they highlight things that less optimistic people - myself included - may not see.

Some believe that Garrett is one reason to remain optimistic. He has done some good things, but I think most would agree that the jury is still out whether he will be a great NFL coach.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
It's good to have some guys still be optimistic. It creates balance here and they highlight things that less optimistic people - myself included - may not see.

Some believe that Garrett is one reason to remain optimistic. He has done some good things, but I think most would agree that the jury is still out whether he will be a great NFL coach.

Mara and Reese seemed to be really high on him. I think he can be a really good head coach, but he needs to give up playcalling duties and just focus on one main job.

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like having balance on the forum and I am glad Plan is back. But like Des said let's attack the post and not the poster - and that cuts all ways. No one has been immune from launching personal attacks. No one has carved out the moral or ethical high ground here. Let's keep it to football.
Ace5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

The fact that Montrae Holland and Phil Costa are looked at as possible saviors of this o-line is all I needed to read. Anything Bernadeau does would constitute an improvement, because he's been quite literally nothing. Mock draft time. Crying or Very sad

On a more ( and yet, less) serious and on topic note, I have confidence in Garrett's system. I have confidence in his devotion to his job. I have confidence that he may be the very best qualified person with the right demeanor for the unique requirements of the Cowboys head coaching job. I'm confident in his football pedigree, coming from a long line of coaches, scouts and NFL front office personnel.

At the end of the day, what I really don't have confidence in is the overall culture of the Dallas Cowboys. Losing so much for so long leaves an indelible stain on a team. It took the Red Sox 86 years to get over it. The Lions have never won a Super Bowl, and squandered the career of maybe the most uniquely talented RB to ever play. Mike Holmgren (in my opinion one of the best football minds of the modern era) has slaved away in Cleveland, trying desperately to erase the scars of 1995. What I lack confidence in, more than anything, is Garrett's ability to change the culture of losing that has now set in in Dallas. When things go right, no one cares. We tell ourselves that we have a higher standard, that the Star means something. But I've been watching football since 1996, and at the age of 23, have witnessed one playoff win. I don't see a winner. I don't see a glorious star. I see a loser. And unfortunately, I don't see Garrett being the revolutionary type of mind that this franchise needs to erase that mark, that stain of losing. He's competent, smart, and understands what he and his teammates did to win. In the right situation, he could easily be as successful as Harbaugh over in Baltimore. They're cut from the same cloth. Smart, no nonsense, talented men from football families. The only difference is Harbaugh went into a lockerroom with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and a legacy of being a hard hitting, playoff team. Garrett went into a losing culture where anything wrong is seen as "here we go again" and anything right is seen as an aberration. The Dallas Cowboys are now losers. And Garrett isn't revolutionary enough to change that, no matter his prodigious talents.

There. There's my well and true, honest, down to earth, heck, even sober feelings. Maybe I fell off the same deep end as plan, but sitting here, thinking of what I'd say for darn near an hour now, this is what came out in the last five minutes of typing. And I can't find any fault in it myself. Sixteen years of watching the Cowboys went into this.

Tell me I'm wrong. Please.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

The fact that Montrae Holland and Phil Costa are looked at as possible saviors of this o-line is all I needed to read. Anything Bernadeau does would constitute an improvement, because he's been quite literally nothing. Mock draft time. Crying or Very sad

On a more ( and yet, less) serious and on topic note, I have confidence in Garrett's system. I have confidence in his devotion to his job. I have confidence that he may be the very best qualified person with the right demeanor for the unique requirements of the Cowboys head coaching job. I'm confident in his football pedigree, coming from a long line of coaches, scouts and NFL front office personnel.

At the end of the day, what I really don't have confidence in is the overall culture of the Dallas Cowboys. Losing so much for so long leaves an indelible stain on a team. It took the Red Sox 86 years to get over it. The Lions have never won a Super Bowl, and squandered the career of maybe the most uniquely talented RB to ever play. Mike Holmgren (in my opinion one of the best football minds of the modern era) has slaved away in Cleveland, trying desperately to erase the scars of 1995. What I lack confidence in, more than anything, is Garrett's ability to change the culture of losing that has now set in in Dallas. When things go right, no one cares. We tell ourselves that we have a higher standard, that the Star means something. But I've been watching football since 1996, and at the age of 23, have witnessed one playoff win. I don't see a winner. I don't see a glorious star. I see a loser. And unfortunately, I don't see Garrett being the revolutionary type of mind that this franchise needs to erase that mark, that stain of losing. He's competent, smart, and understands what he and his teammates did to win. In the right situation, he could easily be as successful as Harbaugh over in Baltimore. They're cut from the same cloth. Smart, no nonsense, talented men from football families. The only difference is Harbaugh went into a lockerroom with Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and a legacy of being a hard hitting, playoff team. Garrett went into a losing culture where anything wrong is seen as "here we go again" and anything right is seen as an aberration. The Dallas Cowboys are now losers. And Garrett isn't revolutionary enough to change that, no matter his prodigious talents.

There. There's my well and true, honest, down to earth, heck, even sober feelings. Maybe I fell off the same deep end as plan, but sitting here, thinking of what I'd say for darn near an hour now, this is what came out in the last five minutes of typing. And I can't find any fault in it myself. Sixteen years of watching the Cowboys went into this.

Tell me I'm wrong. Please.

You aren't wrong. You're dead-on correct.

What this team needs is a true revolt. A refusal to show up to the games; a refusal to buy the merchandise; a refusal to tolerate the loser's mentality that this team is cursed with. A rejection of the current model of operations. Then, and only then, will we have a chance at seeing real change because you'll be hitting Jerry in the only thing he cares about: his wallet.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: