Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
There is no great hunger threre. I am not entirely convinced that even guys like Ware and Witten want a title and would just consider it a luxury instead of a right as previous champions think of it.

Wow...really? I think if there's anybody on this team that wants a championship, it's Ware and Witten. You can't deny they want it bad. I'd throw Lee in that category as well.

Ambition makes you an a-hole when you need to depend on others help your achieve and yet don't follow through with your same type of commitment. I can't remember the last time Ware or Witten did a pep talk before a game, walk up and down the sidelines even talking to players. Maybe they just do it behind closed doors, I have seen frustration out of Romo, TO, Newman, etc. But these two are always completely reserved with their emotions. Again maybe they punish screw ups by taking the snacks off their trays at the lunch-ins and away games and daring them to do something. But I don't see the frustration, they might have achieved all that their really content with doing and are just content with playing their hearts out to give their family a great life. No fault to them for that. I am just making an observation. If I'm wrong, and there are numerous videos showing evidience that I made a stupid guessbservation, then I will be more then willing to admit I'm wrong, I'm just saying I haven't seen it.

Pretty sure Witten got on a receiver in camp for dropping a pass this off-season...

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who remembers Michael Irvin, after a night of fun and festivities, showing up for practice and challenging anyone to outwork him?

A Hall of Famer leading by example. Not expecting anyone to do anything that he was not going to do and not getting outworked or out hustled by anybody.

That is the sort of leadership this team has lacked for years and continues to lack.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Who remembers Michael Irvin, after a night of fun and festivities, showing up for practice and challenging anyone to outwork him?

A Hall of Famer leading by example. Not expecting anyone to do anything that he was not going to do and not getting outworked or out hustled by anybody.

That is the sort of leadership this team has lacked for years and continues to lack.

Lee and Murray were going at it all through camp, challenging each other and learning from one another.

I wouldn't say we don't have any leadership. It's there.

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:

Lee and Murray were going at it all through camp, challenging each other and learning from one another.

I wouldn't say we don't have any leadership. It's there.

That's fair. You're right it is there. I don't know if it is rubbing off on others though. And we don't have anyone engaging in any Michael Irvin like "shenanigans" off the field. Except for baggy pants at the mall.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Great job guys. Just like I predicted, as soon as TSSS mentioned Jerry Jones, we'd get as ish storm from Matts, TO7 and ht. Instead of welcoming back Plan9 and being happy for his return, all you militant optimists can do is bully and name call. .

Which ish storm was I apart of, exactly?

And should we celebrate a soonerstar/blowphet/rat return as well?

Last edited by Matts4313 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Slam, drop it. We aren't here to discuss one another. We're here to talk football.

Anxious

Oops..

I will drop it too.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Great job guys. Just like I predicted, as soon as TSSS mentioned Jerry Jones, we'd get as ish storm from Matts, TO7 and ht. Instead of welcoming back Plan9 and being happy for his return, all you militant optimists can do is bully and name call. .

I'd welcome sonnerstar and bowphet back because they were pure comic relief for all of us. Ratty? Not so much.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the guy we should be blaming....

Quote:
In 1996 Rowdy jumped on the scene as the Official Mascot of the Dallas Cowboys. As the Ambassador of the Dallas Cowboys

Coincidence, I think not.

^^^mack
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I've found the guy we should be blaming....

Quote:
In 1996 Rowdy jumped on the scene as the Official Mascot of the Dallas Cowboys. As the Ambassador of the Dallas Cowboys

Coincidence, I think not.

Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get me a flamethrower, meow!

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I'd welcome sonnerstar and bowphet back because they were pure comic relief for all of us. Ratty? Not so much.

I agree with this. Rat? No. Sooner and Bowphet? Hell Yes.

People talk about rallying the forum and getting back to the good ol' days. Those were the good ol' days. All it would take is for those guys to show up again and people who couldn't agree on ANYTHING else in life... would suddenly be standing shoulder to shoulder again.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I just did a quick google search. This is probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I swear I'm not joking and can provide a link via PM...

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!

Quote:
TheProph for one, will agree with you on this. Great post.

OMG. Those were the days.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Deleted by TSSS]let's get it back on topic... Confidence levels in Jason Garrett.

Jason Garrett took over as OC in 2007. Does anybody see a trend in these stats/rankings since Garrett has been in charge of the offense???

In 2007, Dallas averaged 28.4 PPG which ranked 2nd in the NFL

In 2008, Dallas averaged 22.6 PPG which ranked 19th in the NFL

In 2009, Dallas averaged 22.6 PPG which ranked 14th in the NFL

In 2010***, with Tony Romo at QB, Dallas averaged 20.4 PPG which ranked 21st in the NFL

In 2011, Dallas averaged 23.1 PPG which ranked 15th in the NFL

In 2012, Dallas averages 16.3 PPG which ranks 31st in the NFL

***I put an asterisk next to 2010 because Romo got injured. I didn't include the Giants game which could skew the stat somewhat. Romo was off to a great start that game when he got injured. Without Romo, the team went on to average 24.6 PPG which ranked 8th in the NFL. 2010 was also the WORST defensive effort in the history of the Dallas Cowboys which could skew the total offensive ppg that season.

Does it surprise anyone that the Cowboys only ranked once in the top 10 in PPG with Romo and Garrett together?

Based on Garrett's performance as the OC for the past 6 years, does he really deserve the HC job?

How many other OCs would get a head coaching gig when the offense they coach was no better than average for 5 straight years?

What has been the problem with the offense over the past 5 years? Is it time to start pointing the finger at Romo?

Why hasn't Garrett been able to duplicate 2007 again?

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- McCarthy was the OC for some of the worst San Francisco teams ever put together.

- Tomlin was the DC of a subpar Vikings defense before being hired in Pittsburgh

I think if you want to question anything about Garrett...it's his abilities as an OC, not a HC.

^^^mack
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

For one thing, what Irvin possessed was RARE! I give him more credit than any other player for the Cowboys success in the early 90s.. You can't pick up a HOF player with that kind of leadership in every draft or every decade of drafts for that matter. You certainly can't go up to any one player on the team today and say you have to lead like Irvin did.. most can't, or better yet, none can..

The Cowboys definitely lack this kind of leadership as do 99% of the teams in the NFL today. That doesn't mean they can't win.. They can, they just have to do it without a Michael Irvin type of leader on the team.

I think Garrett could do himself a favor by talking with his teams leaders. He knows who they are. He could encourage them to talk up the younger players more... Perhaps he already has... who knows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: