Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Really not in the mood for a fight tonight...But the fact that Free can suck like that every week and we still send him out there is either coaching or the owner saying that he must start. If you can't find anyone better than Free you're not a very good coach. Oh wait, Jerry finds the guys who suck and Jason finds the everyone else.

Why is it that other teams have Olines that don't get 6-7 false starts per game? Coaching...nah, just player execution.

Who else do we have to start over Free? Do you really trust Parnell?

Do I trust him. No, because I haven't seen him in a real game. But it's hard to be much worse than Free has been. But I would snatch Free's butt out of the game for at least a series to show him that this crap is unacceptable.

By the way...I'd do the same thing with Witten...his blocking has been putrid. The drops I can accept, but the blocking shows a lack of effort.

It's possible, and for as bad as Free has been, throwing Parnell in there would only worsen the situation. You would disrupt the chemistry on the line which has only had three weeks together. You would be throwing in Parnell at a position where he is really not familiar (IIRC, he's mainly played at LT). If you think the false starts and other penalties are bad now, put in Parnell and I'd imagine they become horrid.

I think the injury is affecting Witten more than a lot of people realize. However, the only other two TEs on the roster are Phillips and Hanna. The former is a decent blocker, but not on the same level as Witten and is a so-so receiver and as much as I like Hanna as a receiver, he is not a blocker just yet.

^^^mack
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several aspects of the head coaching job. Redball is top tier IMO in his roster development, leadership and team management. He lacks in team discipline, mental toughness and play calling IMO

I think Redball is the right guy for the job right now because this roster and locker room need work but I think it will take a different style head coach to get this team to the final game after Redball has built the roster and locker room culture. So I am confident that Redball can make progress and may e even win it all if Rob Ryan takes a larger role with the vocal disciplining of the team and Redball is willing to take a step back on the play calling.

Wouldn't put Redball on the hot seat just yet but definitely think he needs to realize his weaknesses soon and find staff that can fill those voids or the seat will begin to heat up

Thanks for the sig mike23md
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next season i would like to see us try Free at RG and if the staff has confidence in Parnell (which i think they do) let him start or bring in competition via draft.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEZ88PLAYMAKER2 wrote:
There are several aspects of the head coaching job. Redball is top tier IMO in his roster development, leadership and team management. He lacks in team discipline, mental toughness and play calling IMO

I agree with you his playcalling is suspect but how can one be top tier at leadership but lack in mental toughness and team discipline?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what Redball is doing.

Does this team have issues? Yes they sure do.

The Oline isn't great (and contrary to popular belief a 1st round pick would not have magically cured it). This is a line that is still learning how to play together. And it shows. I place a lot of the blame on the false starts on Cook. I am comfortable blaming Witten for all his drops. But the sheer amount of False starts he had along with Free tells me something was off. And Redball alluded to that by referencing the cadences. That needs to improve.

Also. I have no idea what your complaint about abandoning the run is about. If anything I was frustrated by the sheer amount of times we would run the ball on first down. Tampa can boast perhaps the best run defense in the league. And it showed in spades. Yeah - we may not have a great line. But we are not the only team they have held in check running.

I firmly believe people are still living in the 90's. Where we had a monster Oline. Where we had the best RB. Where we had a top 3 QB. Where we had a top 3 WR. We could line up tell teams we will be rushing to the right - and not be stopped. We don't have that anymore. Much to my dismay, that is not the identity of this team. And that is okay. We are a passing team. When we are successful passing - it opens our running lanes. It eases the pressure off of our OL. Romo is what makes this offense work. He always has been - he always will be. Our no huddles work because he can improvise and places more of the burden on him - and not on the rest of the team. Which, I feel is another fact that is neglected when discussing the whole abandoning the run. Redball trusts Romo enough to call the plays. I like that in my Head Coach.

EDIT:

I also enjoyed the ballsy Onside kick. It showed grit. It showed a desire to get the offense going (since we are tempo based) and it showed confidence in our defense. I am digging it. I would like Redball to continue with wrinkles like this.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Next season i would like to see us try Free at RG and if the staff has confidence in Parnell (which i think they do) let him start or bring in competition via draft.

Doubt it. If they try Free at RG then what happens with Bernadeau and his three year contract?

Jerry Jones thinking

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:

Doubt it. If they try Free at RG then what happens with Bernadeau and his three year contract?

Jerry Jones thinking

haha ya i know thats why i said i would like to see it. But jerry has his hands in things a little bit yet. Bernadeau's contract was only like 4 yrs 11 million though...sooo maybe???

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2 wrote:

I agree with you his playcalling is suspect but how can one be top tier at leadership but lack in mental toughness and team discipline?

I like Redball as a leader I think the lack of discipline and mental errors are a by product of Redball being more of a details character oriented leader. I dont think he is as good as a in your face on the field accountability guy thus the lack of discipline and mental toughness

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

The Oline isn't great (and contrary to popular belief a 1st round pick would not have magically cured it). This is a line that is still learning how to play together. And it shows. I place a lot of the blame on the false starts on Cook. I am comfortable blaming Witten for all his drops. But the sheer amount of False starts he had along with Free tells me something was off. And Redball alluded to that by referencing the cadences. That needs to improve.

Also. I have no idea what your complaint about abandoning the run is about. If anything I was frustrated by the sheer amount of times we would run the ball on first down. Tampa can boast perhaps the best run defense in the league. And it showed in spades. Yeah - we may not have a great line. But we are not the only team they have held in check running.

I firmly believe people are still living in the 90's. Where we had a monster Oline. Where we had the best RB. Where we had a top 3 QB. Where we had a top 3 WR. We could line up tell teams we will be rushing to the right - and not be stopped. We don't have that anymore. Much to my dismay, that is not the identity of this team. And that is okay. We are a passing team. When we are successful passing - it opens our running lanes. It eases the pressure off of our OL. Romo is what makes this offense work. He always has been - he always will be. Our no huddles work because he can improvise and places more of the burden on him - and not on the rest of the team. Which, I feel is another fact that is neglected when discussing the whole abandoning the run. Redball trusts Romo enough to call the plays. I like that in my Head Coach.

EDIT:

I also enjoyed the ballsy Onside kick. It showed grit. It showed a desire to get the offense going (since we are tempo based) and it showed confidence in our defense. I am digging it. I would like Redball to continue with wrinkles like this.

TO7, I sent you post to Rich DAlrymple. He wants you to know that Jerry accepts your apology.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

EDIT:

TO7, I sent you post to Rich DAlrymple. He wants you to know that Jerry accepts your apology.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

EDIT:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm just saying Jerry approves of your apology.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can't get behind REdball as the head coach, because I didn't really like him as the OC. So, I have issues with him that started before he was the head guy.

So, again, my confidence in him is very low.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
I guess I can't get behind REdball as the head coach, because I didn't really like him as the OC. So, I have issues with him that started before he was the head guy.

If not Garrett...who?

^^^mack
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

If not Garrett...who?

This is the real question... Who is a better option for this team than Redball at this point.....

He needs to surround himself with a staff that better supports his weaknesses not go away IMO

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEZ88PLAYMAKER2 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:

If not Garrett...who?

This is the real question... Who is a better option for this team than Redball at this point.....

He needs to surround himself with a staff that better supports his weaknesses not go away IMO

I think that's the best point so far. Let's face it, Jason probably has the best chance of keeping Jerry from being Jerry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: