Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offense - Week 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Offense - Week 3 Reply with quote

Positives

+ Jake Freakin' Locker! What a performance. Aside from the great stats, I was impressed by his fire and his leadership. Especially under pressure he played smart and stayed calm. Made good decisions. Ran well. Didn't seem bothered at all by the silly fumble on the shotgun snap.

+ Tight Ends in general. Cook, obviously, had the best day of the TEs, but Stevens played really well and Thompson's ST block was glorious. Somebody .gif that ASAP, please. Great play from all the TEs today. Anybody heard about Cook's prognosis?

+ OL. Great pass protection today, as we have come to expect. The run blocking was generally good as well. Harris with the ill-timed false start. The interior still isn't very good. Overall though they did the most important thing - kept Jake upright.

+ Playcalling. Excepting the CJ handoffs in overtime, I thought Palmer called a great game. Had Jake slinging it all over the place early. No complaints from me this week.

Negatives

- CJ. Ugh. Somebody else complain about this bum for a while.

- Britt hurting his ankle. It would be a little funny if it wasn't so sad. We just cannot count on this guy. Anything we get from him is icing. We need the other WRs to be the cake.

- Where are the other RBs? Reynaud had 1 carry. That's it. Everything else went through CJ. At this point I'm thinking the directive to play CJ has been handed down and the coaches are pretty much stuck with it.

- Although the OL played pretty well, the players on the interior still stick out for the wrong reasons too often. They lost quite a few one-on-one matchups today.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt just twisted his ankle. He said he would be fine for next week.
Cookie had something with a shoulder joint. He was wearing a sling after the game. They don't think it require surgery but he'll get an MRI tomorrow.

The huge positive for me today besides Jake - the tight ends.

Cook had 4 rec. for 77 yds.
Stevens had 5 rec for 65 yds. - Should have been 6 for about 80 but that catch was called incomplete.

Through 3 games
Cook - 11 rec. for 164 yds.
Stevens - 7 rec. for 114 yds.

Not to mention the monster of a block by Thompson on Reynaud KR TD.

Damian Stafford
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Britt just twisted his ankle. He said he would be fine for next week.
Cookie had something with a shoulder joint. He was wearing a sling after the game. They don't think it require surgery but he'll get an MRI tomorrow.

The huge positive for me today besides Jake - the tight ends.

Cook had 4 rec. for 77 yds.
Stevens had 5 rec for 65 yds. - Should have been 6 for about 80 but that catch was called incomplete.

Through 3 games
Cook - 11 rec. for 164 yds.
Stevens - 7 rec. for 114 yds.

I'm glad Britt isn't really injured, but he did miss most of the second half, didn't he? I can't recall.

Bummer about Cook. Hope for the best.

If Thompson develops well he's going to be a nightmare. He's huge, he's fast, and he's not even remotely afraid of contact.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought CJ ran better today, but just didn't get a lot of carries. The interior O-line is still our biggest problem. Again, on a number of plays like those pitches to CJ, the defense was already in the backfield ready to meet him almost as soon as he got the ball. So if he did any dancing today, it was because he didn't have any choice. I still say that his running will definitely pick up as the season goes, and Jake starts shredding the defense. It's good to see our WRs picking it up, and Cook having another big game, but I'm especially glad to see that we seem to have rediscovered the one who's been the forgotten man in the middle of all this, and that's Craig Stevens. Dude is a much bigger downfield weapon than anybody wants to give him credit for because he's supposed to be a "blocking" TE. But he either pulls our @ss out of the fire or makes that unexpected big play when we really need it.

Let's just be patient and go through our rough patches now in the early-going, until everything gels and we finish strong later on in the season.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

Loved that block... I just hope no one misses that double block Campbell had about 10 yards later... He double blocked 42 and the kicker I think... kicker fell... kept blocking 42, then also slowed the final guy Raynaud had to beat... he actually blocked 3 potential tacklers on that run back...

Very happy with our STs today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reynaud said post game that Thompson came up to him before the play on the sideline and said to "just follow me."
Damian Stafford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: