Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Revis4president wrote:
Revis didnt tear his ACL theres no possible way. If anything he partially tore it and thats the worse case scenario.

Little inside info, not one person inside the jets believes he tore his acl.. i dont know who exactly is saying it. But everyone stop worrying please.

my guess is right now is torn cartilidge in his left knee. which will require surgery possibly ending his season. But sometimes athletes can play with it.

Il keep in touch

Good call bro Laughing

Hey dude, you're an [inappropriate/removed], [inappropriate/removed] off.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Jets fans, sorry to hear about the injury. I'm willin to bet if anyone comes out alright it's Revis Christ. The guy has so much talent.

I have a question about the enigmatic Jets defense though, and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I know Revis follows guys around in man like against Andre Johnson or Megatron.

Is that always the case, or does he generally stick to his side? Does he follow motioned receivers? Does Recis play zone sometimes, and how often?

Sorry if they sound like easy questions, don't catch many Jets games.

I am sorry to hear the news, but the season is just starting! Keep your heads up!

When we play a team like the Lions or Texans, Revis on Megatron/Johnson every play. We might play a little more zone when we go against a team that doesn't have a top WR.
King of Gonzo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only silver lining in this is we'll find out what everyone else is made of, including the coaches

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the media seems to be making this about Kyle Wilson playing on the outside and being thrown into the fire. I feel like we should be far more worried about the 3rd corner on the field now who will be constantly be tested and is surely a weaker link than Wilson.

Sucks to lose Revis especially after its seeming like he was the only one who could tackle for us this season.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
A lot of the media seems to be making this about Kyle Wilson playing on the outside and being thrown into the fire. I feel like we should be far more worried about the 3rd corner on the field now who will be constantly be tested and is surely a weaker link than Wilson.

Sucks to lose Revis especially after its seeming like he was the only one who could tackle for us this season.

I totally agree with this.

Obviously, nobody's going to bring what Revis brings against top wide receivers, but the area most people seem to be overlooking is the weakness the Jets will now have in the third CB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe this actually happened to us. We are screwed. Time to see what kind of team we really have. Time for us to shut up and prove what we're worth.

Jamison.'s Gallery
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

I totally agree with this.

Obviously, nobody's going to bring what Revis brings against top wide receivers, but the area most people seem to be overlooking is the weakness the Jets will now have in the third CB.

Yeah. Unlike Steiny, I don't see Ellis Lankster as a nickel corner. Or Isaiah "Midget" Trufant as a dime corner.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis as we all know is a special player. And he papers over a lot of cracks, frankly, and his loss will need to coincide with some sobering of expectations.

In a vacuum, I don't think Cromartie/Wilson is a bad starting pair. There's teams in the league that have it worse than that. But factoring in they'll be playing a lot of man coverage on an island, there isn't a natural cover safety on the roster to help out in deep coverage well, there aren't any quality pass rushers on the roster, our third and fourth CBs are now Ellis Lankster and Isiah Trufant, and frankly even right now the Jets have been a poor team defending the run, there's a lot to be worried about. If the Jets can make due, Rex Ryan deserves plaudits.

I expect the run defense can get it's act together, and from that point maybe there can be a positive domino effect to some extent, forcing some more third and longs, winning 3rd/4th and shorts and allowing more creative blitz packages. But the offense needs to step up too, and that's the running game, that's getting Dustin Keller back healthy, that's getting more out of Stephen Hill, and Sanchez keeping a level head.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
The Revis injury will really show the true colors of Rex Ryan. Bellichick could still go 11-5 without Brady and the likes of Jim Caldwell went 2-14 without Manning. Let's see what Revis means to this team and how good Ryan really is.

If our defense flounders it falls on the FO and Ryan for not preparing well enough for such situations. All those first round picks on 3-4 DL that rush the passer, a cornerback and a LB in the third round to add speed. If Ryan can't scheme his butt around Revis being hurt to at least 5-8 wins it will tell us a lot about where this team is and how good our drafts of the past few years have been.

There's really no way to prepare for losing a player of the caliber of Revis. If anything, the Jets have done about the best anybody could expect by having resigned Cromartie and drafting a CB in the first round two years ago.

I think the Jets should take the opportunity to adjust their style of play on Defense. More four-man fronts, more zone, a little less blitzing. Maybe get some of the younger LB's more involved. Obviously, everyone in Jet Land has to temper their expectations for this season somewhat, but maybe that's actually a blessing in disguise.
I'm just saying, let's see how well we've really been drafting. Those three defensive picks in the past three years ought to come in handy. If they don't, well, I'm looking at the FO for some poor draft picks. Especially with the opportunities to improve a constantly bottom-feeding offense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss. With it happening this early in the season, he has a good chance of being 95% healthy come week 1 next year. Who will step into the nickel now? From what I've seen, Kyle Wilson looks like an above average player. He should hold his own out there but who is the next man up inside?

TommyC376^^^
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we don't go like 6-10. I might as well see a 2-14 season and the #1 pick at this point so we can get (at least) 2 impact players in the draft.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of Gonzo wrote:
The only silver lining in this is we'll find out what everyone else is made of, including the coaches

The silver lining is we get a top 5 pick and land Jarvis Jones.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss. Can't say I'm particularly upset but the league is stronger with revis on the field.

It will be interesting how Rex compensates or if he just butts his head against the wall and doesn't change.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Tough loss. Can't say I'm particularly upset but the league is stronger with revis on the field.

It will be interesting how Rex compensates or if he just butts his head against the wall and doesn't change.

I don't think any coach can compensate for this. Revis hides the fact that the Jets defense is mediocre at best. The only players I'd consider good are Harris and Cromartie, and Harris can't cover. Wilkerson is getting there and DeVito is a good run stopper, but neither really contributes to rushing the QB (I know 3-4 DL aren't supposed to rack up sacks, but you are supposed to generate some push against passing plays).

Hilarious how 99% of this forum thought Asomugha was significantly better, or that Woodson deserved that DPOY. Now the Jets will show all of you how important Revis is to the team.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are done, I watched the Seahawks flying all over the field in the front 4. You know why? Because they scheme to get guys free runs at the QB. Same with the Packers. All I see is REx send 4 down linemen at the QB no stunts nothing.

Oh well. Time to evaluate the talent you have now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: