Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Rex to nut up here. Not expecting this defense to be top five but lets see it at least be respectible and maybe crack the top 15. If not that what use is he really to us? We have spent 3 straight first round picks on defensive players, so if this defense finishes in the the bottom third of the league, Rex has to go. Hes barely a head-coach as it is, more of a glorified DC that has the title of HC.

Personally, I want to see the Jets bring in Bill Cowher next year, and give him carte blanche on personel. That way we could keep Tannenbaum as a capologist, but don't ever let the guy have say over draft picks or free agents. Just a thought. I am just not a believer in Rex as a HC.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. Revis is your Rodgers. Takes the entire defense to another level. I'm usually anti-Jets (unless they're playing the Pats, whom I loathe with burning passion) but I hope you guys find a way to pull something together. Never want to see a major player go down with injury.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting aside is whether or not the Jets will use the "special" IR designation on Revis, one that will allow him to come back later in the season (think you can place a player on IR and "reactivate" them in eight weeks).

Now, returning from a torn ACL in two months is next to impossible - but it should be interesting to see how this one proceeds.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
An interesting aside is whether or not the Jets will use the "special" IR designation on Revis, one that will allow him to come back later in the season (think you can place a player on IR and "reactivate" them in eight weeks).

Now, returning from a torn ACL in two months is next to impossible - but it should be interesting to see how this one proceeds.

If there's a chance he can even play one game, they should. Look how Indy kept Peyton Manning on their roster for the entire season.

And if anyone can recover in two months, it's Revis. Holdouts aside, he is the hardest working player on the team.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
We had no pass russ with Revis. It going to be hilariously bad without him.

If we are to make a trade to compensate for the injury, I hope it's for an OLB. That would better make up for the injury than another CB. A nickel CB wouldn't hurt though.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the season goes down the tubes...

See you in 2013
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so crushed right now. We won't be able to rely on our defense to win games anymore. This is a chance for Kyle Wilson to show if he can step up or not. Its all in Sanchez hands now.

I'm not just worried about this season, I'm worried about Revis for next season. ACL injuries are not easy to recover from for Corner backs because they rely on speed, covering and breaking to the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I'm so crushed right now. We won't be able to rely on our defense to win games anymore. This is a chance for Kyle Wilson to show if he can step up or not. Its all in Sanchez hands now.

I'm not just worried about this season, I'm worried about Revis for next season. ACL injuries are not easy to recover from for Corner backs because they rely on speed, covering and breaking to the ball.

I think Revis can recover. Look how quickly Wes Welker was able to return from his. He may not be full speed by the beginning of next season, but I have no doubt that we will soon see him return to the player he has been for the past 4 seasons.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis? The same Island owner?

Well, I will be back next year. haha!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I think Revis can recover. Look how quickly Wes Welker was able to return from his. He may not be full speed by the beginning of next season, but I have no doubt that we will soon see him return to the player he has been for the past 4 seasons.

Yeah, but thats a WR. I'm talking about corner backs. Some times they tend to lose their explosion to the ball and to jump routes after a injury like this. So I pray that he can recover. He was happy to be back, so I know he is hurt about this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start this off saying im not a Jet fan.Ive seen a lot of Jet fans saying the season is over. While I understand that he is the Jets best player I still dont see how a CB is going to be enough to totally derail a season. Revis can still only cover 1 man or 1 area in zone coverage.They dont effect games like QB's or pass Rushers. Rex Claims he is a Defensive Mastermind well here is your chance to prove it. If U cant then maybe he is only as good as the sum of 1 part. I look around the AFC and I dont see why the Jets cant still get into the playoffs.Its not the NFC which has 7 or 8 legitimate teams. Besides the Texans is there really any teams in the AFC that are leaps and bounds better then the Jets. After the Ravens,Steelers and Pats Id say the jets stack up with everyone else just fine. I dont see any reason that they still cant compete for a playoff berth
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Yeah, but thats a WR. I'm talking about corner backs. Some times they tend to lose their explosion to the ball and to jump routes after a injury like this. So I pray that he can recover. He was happy to be back, so I know he is hurt about this.

Wes Welker was not that fast so I don't think any difference is noticeable.

Revis bends legs a lot so that is problematic I think.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to rush him back. With the way we've played so far, it's best to let him heal properly.

He is the best player on our team, possibly the best player ever to play for us, so let's not mess with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
There's no reason to rush him back. With the way we've played so far, it's best to let him heal properly.

He is the best player on our team, possibly the best player ever to play for us, so let's not mess with it.

Revis is going to commit a fat contract either way. If Revis is ready to play and Jets are fighting for a playoff spot, do it.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sucks that the season is pretty much over already.

Props to Jamison for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: