Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis Knee Injury: Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
Revis didnt tear his ACL theres no possible way. If anything he partially tore it and thats the worse case scenario.

Little inside info, not one person inside the jets believes he tore his acl.. i dont know who exactly is saying it. But everyone stop worrying please.

my guess is right now is torn cartilidge in his left knee. which will require surgery possibly ending his season. But sometimes athletes can play with it.

Il keep in touch

And you're telling everyone to stop worrying?
jpt331

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
We're going 6-10 if this is the game.

...I did say in the beginning of the year we're about an 8 win team. Somewhere between 5-10 wins. Without Revis and with an easy schedule we should be around 6. RIP season.

What a shame there isnt a QB worth drafting next draft. No more undersized USC QBs who only put up numbers in college because they were surrounded by studs.

Tyler Bray
Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith
Logan Thomas(2nd round)
Landry Jones(2nd Round)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
We're going 6-10 if this is the game.

...I did say in the beginning of the year we're about an 8 win team. Somewhere between 5-10 wins. Without Revis and with an easy schedule we should be around 6. RIP season.

What a shame there isnt a QB worth drafting next draft. No more undersized USC QBs who only put up numbers in college because they were surrounded by studs.

Tyler Bray
Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith
Logan Thomas(2nd round)
Landry Jones(2nd Round)

Landry Jones would have a lower completion percentage than Tim Tebow.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently Marcus Dixon was released this morning.

Not too significant but there's a little rumor going around twitter that this could mean Revis may not have torn his ACL. Why cut someone like Dixon (to bring back Thomas presumably) if Revis were to go on IR?

Just speculation...

New York Sack Exchange Redux
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
So apparently Marcus Dixon was released this morning.

Not too significant but there's a little rumor going around twitter that this could mean Revis may not have torn his ACL. Why cut someone like Dixon (to bring back Thomas presumably) if Revis were to go on IR?

Just speculation...

That was my first thought as well. Why would they clear 2 roster spots?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
It's completely possible he tore his ACL. I certainly hope it's not true, but to say it's impossible is quite foolish.

I'll probably do a cartwheel where I stand if I find out it's not a season ending injury at any point during the day.

Those non contact injuries like Revis had where it looks like he just got shot has torn ACL written all over it. I'm expecting the worst and praying for the best. Either way we weren't winning anything this year but I don't want to see the Jets best player getting any serious injuries. I'd even take 6-8 weeks cause of a strain as a blessing.

Props to Mack on the sig
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
It's completely possible he tore his ACL. I certainly hope it's not true, but to say it's impossible is quite foolish.

I'll probably do a cartwheel where I stand if I find out it's not a season ending injury at any point during the day.

Those non contact injuries like Revis had where it looks like he just got shot has torn ACL written all over it. I'm expecting the worst and praying for the best. Either way we weren't winning anything this year but I don't want to see the Jets best player getting any serious injuries. I'd even take 6-8 weeks cause of a strain as a blessing.

It very well could be, but his knee didn't bow in too far which is making me hopeful that maybe he just sprained his MCL, hopefully without an accompanying meniscus tear.
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

It very well could be, but his knee didn't bow in too far which is making me hopeful that maybe he just sprained his MCL, hopefully without an accompanying meniscus tear.

Literally 5 minutes after I posted that, this happens....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8420040/new-york-jets-darrelle-revis-torn-acl-undergo-surgery

Torn ACL boys. Alright Kyle Wilson. Time to step up man.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its torn
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, what do you guys think the odds are that Revis has played his last down as a Jet? It sounds terrible, but if theres one guy thats going to demand a ridiculous contract coming off a big injury like this, its Revis.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll play out his contract at the very least.
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense I think nose dives from here. The luxury of Revis slightly masked out inability to rush the passer. But now with our no pressure front line and LBs we will be getting beat all over the field. If coples could live to half of his potential we will be a lot better. Maybe that's why he was playing all four quarters against 3 stringers all preseason ?
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earn your money

Kyle Wilson
Antonio Cromartie
Ellis Lankster
Rex Ryan
Mike Pettine
Linebackers
Safeties
D-Line

earn your [inappropriate/removed] checks

we're gonna need everyone to take it to another level

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 1 player, our defense will be fine. I love Revis, but he's not our entire defense. We'll be okay, we'll need guys to step up.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're being pretty dishonest with yourself if you think this isn't a huge blow to the Jets. We're already struggling on defense, and now we lost our best player.

Unless some guys make some serious strides, this has the potential to get ugly.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: