Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs Week 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
I actually wanna see a line of T-Jax-Powe-Poe in the future

I saw it today and I liked it.

This. Toribio could take Powe's spot too, but Poe is tailor made for being a dominating DE, it seems. I still love him at NT, but since we have some unexpected depth there and Dorsey has been playing worse than expected, I really like the idea of Poe at RE.

1. QB
2. HC/OC (horrible playcalling and clock management, but with a new QB, we probably wouldn't have this as a need since we'd be able to run routes longer than 10expected yards).
3. FB. Just move Hillis there and cut Eachus, already.
4. QB. Deseeves to be on here twice.

I agree with you ry. I would love to see Poe used like B.J. Raji for the Packers - both as a DE and NT. Let him attack gaps and collapse the pocket while also having him hold 2-gap assignments. I think his physical skill set and what he has shown so far gives every indication that he has the potential to give us alot of flexibility along our defensive line. Not saying he would ever develop to his impact level, but I envision him as being used similar to Holati Ngata - who can anchor and also collapse the pocket in run defense and as an interior pass rusher.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ry, I agree with you on Poe. However I disagree on principle. I'm so sick of spending first round picks on the D-line. Honestly if we do it again (look at what this year has to offer, and what we will need if we lose Dorsey/TJax)...I just have rolling pit of my stomach pain at the thought of us drafting yet another first round DL. (end rant)

I do like Poe at DE though, and do see his ceiling being a Raji type of playing in that position...but we don't want that. We don't want someone who can rush the passer on our D-line. We just want to bend not break rather than forcing the issue.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ry, I agree with you on Poe. However I disagree on principle. I'm so sick of spending first round picks on the D-line. Honestly if we do it again (look at what this year has to offer, and what we will need if we lose Dorsey/TJax)...I just have rolling pit of my stomach pain at the thought of us drafting yet another first round DL. (end rant)

I do like Poe at DE though, and do see his ceiling being a Raji type of playing in that position...but we don't want that. We don't want someone who can rush the passer on our D-line. We just want to bend not break rather than forcing the issue.

I'm gonna go ahead and correct something in here. Poe's ceiling is WAAYYYY higher than Raji's. Poe's ceiling is Haloti Ngata.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:

That's why IMO we will never be able to take the next step as a team unless we have changes at the top (namely GM and HC, and by default DC).

I honestly don't think we need to drastically change our defense to be more aggressive. Dorsey needs to go if we are going to get any push from our front. Jackson is a solid run defender who might be able to handle 1-gap assignments. Poe I think has the potential to be very used all along the line. If Allen Bailey can develop he could be another key piece. Toribio is a solid run stopper. We just need to look for some more attacking, 1-gap linemen for rotational depth.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally dont watch Poe at all during the game since I like to watch our Dbs or Hali so how is Poe doing thus far? I know people have been saying he is doing well, but what exactly is he doing well?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB

And if that's not going to be addressed, then GM.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I normally dont watch Poe at all during the game since I like to watch our Dbs or Hali so how is Poe doing thus far? I know people have been saying he is doing well, but what exactly is he doing well?

A number of different things. He's 1 gapped and 2 gapped effectively on a consistent basis and even when he's been double teamed, he's still not giving up ground or being eliminated as a pass rushing threat. He's already been playing as well as I envisioned him playing a year from now. He's so far ahead of what I thought his learning curve would be that it's borderlining on ridiculous. Poe will likely end up being our best player on defense within the year and a half if he keeps learning and improving at the pace he's at right now. He hasn't even begun tapping into his raw physical power and athleticism and he's already in the conversation for being our best defensive lineman after only 3 games as a pro. You guys are now starting to realize what I saw in Poe before the draft. I grin like a kid on Xmas every time he comes up in conversation. I freakin' LOVE this kid.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.QB
2.Backup QB

3.CB to challenge Routt
4.ILB
5.Jack Safety
6.Depth, BPA

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
1.QB
2.Backup QB

3.CB to challenge Routt
4.ILB
5.Jack Safety
6.Depth, BPA

you forgot FB

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

3.CB to challenge Routt

How is he playing so far?
samsel23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

3.CB to challenge Routt

How is he playing so far?

He has been what I thought he would, a good #2 corner. If we weren't spoiled by Carr and Flowers before, we all would have higher feelings on Routt.

With losing Carr, I don't think we could have found much better to replace him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith had a record-breaking performance in West Virginia's Big 12 debut.

Smith set school marks with eye-popping totals of 656 passing yards and eight touchdown throws as the ninth-ranked Mountaineers prevailed, 70-63, in a shootout with the No. 25 Baylor Bears.

The Heisman Trophy candidate ended with a school-best 45 completions on 51 attempts for the Mountaineers

Uh......WOW!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
1.QB
2.Backup QB

3.CB to challenge Routt
4.ILB
5.Jack Safety
6.Depth, BPA

you forgot FB

I don't want a FB....very few of the best teams use a FB very often. With us having around 8 quality weapons and even more when Gray and Wylie are ready to contribute, a FB just takes too much talent off the field considering you can only have 5 weapons in the game at a time. There's no point drafting guys like Wylie if we're gonna use a FB alot. Especially once our #1 need is filled, we can actually get some use out of these weapons.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith was awesome yesterday, but honestly there was literally zero defense in that game. They might as well have been doing a walk through.

That being said, I'm all for us taking Geno if he is there when we pick. Right now where we pick is astonishingly up in the air. If you look at where we wound up last year...

Smith will be long gone, as will Barkley. Will we trade up, hopefully, because I think it's becoming clear those are the top two guys.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: