Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals Overall After 3 Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
bengals2010 wrote:
Now lets talk about this defense! !!!!


We need to lock up Dunlap, Geno and MJ93 asap. They play very very well together. Our LB's outside of Burfict and our secondary outside of Pacman and Reggie Nelson blow.

Time to start scouting LB's...


Agree.

Watching Maualuga, it looks like he's trying to be disciplined, but has lost a step and his 'instincts'. Maybe the changed emphasis on the rules in not 'leading with the helmet' has had a bad effect on Rey. Even watching Patrick Willis, he looks a step-off where he was last year, maybe trying to 'check himself' trying to avoid flags.

Looking at our safeties, it seems they are trying to knock guys heads off rather than just plain tackle. Clements missed a couple of times yesterday when trying for the big shot, and the only guy Mays nailed was Nelson.

RG3 is going to be a nightmare against plenty of LB matchups going forward, but Burfict looked like the only surefooted guy for us yesterday. we missed Howard badly yesterday v RG3. Glad we only play him once every 4 years......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason_Bengal_Fl


Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Posts: 3945
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Sanu did what youre supposed to do throwing to a guy like A.J. Green.

Stop trying to put touch on the pass. Instead, just pick a spot and chuck it out in front of him! I dont Daltons arm strength; his problem is he has underthrewn Green so many times because he does not do that. He tries to put touch on the deep pass & restrains his arm, when what he REALLY needs to do is try less hard, and just let it fly.

Snus pass was perfect. He threw it before Green was clearly open, threw it way behind everyone, where either green or nobody would be making the catch, and put enough air under it to allow Green to track it for an extra second.

That pass was a thing of beauty.


He has overthrown AJ a lot more than he has underthrown him. On the deep balls, anyway.
_________________
Early guesses on potential 2015 Draft Needs: MLB or WLB, LT, TE. If not picking in the 20s then QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15587
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sanu did what youre supposed to do throwing to a guy like A.J. Green.

Stop trying to put touch on the pass. Instead, just pick a spot and chuck it out in front of him! I dont Daltons arm strength; his problem is he has underthrewn Green so many times because he does not do that. He tries to put touch on the deep pass & restrains his arm, when what he REALLY needs to do is try less hard, and just let it fly.

Snus pass was perfect. He threw it before Green was clearly open, threw it way behind everyone, where either green or nobody would be making the catch, and put enough air under it to allow Green to track it for an extra second.

That pass was a thing of beauty.


He has overthrown AJ a lot more than he has underthrown him. On the deep balls, anyway.


That's what I was thinking. If anything, he just needs aittle bit more loft on his deep ball. Either let AJ run under it, or give him a jump ball.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23212
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sanu did what youre supposed to do throwing to a guy like A.J. Green.

Stop trying to put touch on the pass. Instead, just pick a spot and chuck it out in front of him! I dont Daltons arm strength; his problem is he has underthrewn Green so many times because he does not do that. He tries to put touch on the deep pass & restrains his arm, when what he REALLY needs to do is try less hard, and just let it fly.

Snus pass was perfect. He threw it before Green was clearly open, threw it way behind everyone, where either green or nobody would be making the catch, and put enough air under it to allow Green to track it for an extra second.

That pass was a thing of beauty.


He has overthrown AJ a lot more than he has underthrown him. On the deep balls, anyway.


That's what I was thinking. If anything, he just needs aittle bit more loft on his deep ball. Either let AJ run under it, or give him a jump ball.


When he underthrew him last year, AJ made the plays. Now that he is overthrowing him, they are incomplete. Short it and let AJ make a play.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 21245
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Sanu did what youre supposed to do throwing to a guy like A.J. Green.

Stop trying to put touch on the pass. Instead, just pick a spot and chuck it out in front of him! I dont Daltons arm strength; his problem is he has underthrewn Green so many times because he does not do that. He tries to put touch on the deep pass & restrains his arm, when what he REALLY needs to do is try less hard, and just let it fly.

Snus pass was perfect. He threw it before Green was clearly open, threw it way behind everyone, where either green or nobody would be making the catch, and put enough air under it to allow Green to track it for an extra second.

That pass was a thing of beauty.


He has overthrown AJ a lot more than he has underthrown him. On the deep balls, anyway.


That's what I was thinking. If anything, he just needs aittle bit more loft on his deep ball. Either let AJ run under it, or give him a jump ball.


When he underthrew him last year, AJ made the plays. Now that he is overthrowing him, they are incomplete. Short it and let AJ make a play.


the problem with this is overthrows are hardly ever picked off - theyre past everyone. underthrows, though...
_________________
NoFlyZone wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Why would I choose No Fly Zone? Dude is the biggest Dez Bryant homer.

Hey man, NBT hasn't been doing a good enough job with his receiver homerism. Someone has to step up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group