Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets game grades Week 3 @Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Jets game grades Week 3 @Miami Reply with quote

QB's C
Sanchez did not play his best at all. He missed open recievers, threw 2 picks and made some bad decisions. However, he was 9 for his last 12 and was clutch after Carpenter missed the last FG is OT. It was not his best but he was clutch and he got us the win.

RB's C+ Greene had 9 more carries but had 5 less yards than Powell. Once he gets hit he falls down. His workload is decreasing and they are losing confidence in him. Powell however played really well. He was 10-45 (4.5 YPC) against the best run stopping D in the NFL. He is quick to the hole, he breaks tackles and he can catch (for the most part). His workload should increase (and his madden rating) and by week 6 he'll be the primary back.

Recievers C
Holmes had the game of his life. He was clutch, he made nice catches, and he forced like 4 penalties. He showed in this game that he is a legit #1 reciever. Kerley also played well. He caught a 66 yarder which should have been a TD and he caught a nice slant for a TD. On the dark side of the moon Hill was a non factor again. When he played he was blanketed again. When he had a chance to catch the ball he dropped it every time. Reuland should be the #2 TE. Cumberland was a non factor and he cant block. Reuland can block really well. Why the hell can nobody get open? We need Keller back! Sanchez is forced to make risky throws and thread needles.

O-Line B+
First off why the living F is Vlad Ducasse rotating with Slauson?? Howard played well again, he allowed some pressure but no sacks. Mangold and Brick had a great game. We only allowed one sack but Shonn Greene couldn't go anywhere. But the oline is not a legit excuse to not do well because Powell did well with this oline!

Dline and linebackers D---
Both of them couldn't stop Bush for their damn life. It was pathetic to be honest. They dominate power backs but can't stop quick backs. Miller and Bush being quick backs dominated the front seven all game. It was sad to be honest. They couldnt sack anyone either. The only good Oline men the phins have is Long and Pouncy. Everyone else sucks!!!!!!!! The only reason this isnt an F is because we won the game.

Dbacks C+
Revis being injured dropped the grade. Overall they didnt do terrible. Landry having a pick increased the grade. He didnt make a any stupid penalties. However, they let a rookie QB march down the field after taking the lead and kick a FG. All I can say is I hope revis is ok.

Special Teams B+
Holy [inappropriate/removed] Robert Malone!!!!!!!!! This kid is a beast punter!!! He has a rocket for a leg and downs everything inside the 20. The only reason this isnt an A is because we almost screwed up the game with a blocked kick and we didnt do great on returns.

Overall grade C+ its a C+ just because we won

What's yours?
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB- D+

Terrible day by Sanchez. By my count he had 6 absolute misses and about 5 others that could have been placed better. Still isn't getting much help from his supporting cast, though. He did play very very well in the pocket and kept plays alive. Not our weakest link but certainly not an "offensive weapon."

RB- B-

RBs played fine considering the lack of holes. Teams know they can 1v1 our entire WR corps successfully and it hurts the running game. Powell had the edge over Greene. Greene had 2 impressive plays, 1 near the goal line and 1 that was negated by the Slauson false start that would have been a TD.

WR- C+

Hill was terrible and the unit as a whole couldn't get separation at times. Clyde Gates was also pretty bad. Holmes and Kerley hold this unit above the D

TE- D-

Cumberland doesn't look like he knows the playbook. Reuland had some solid plays and looked good in pass protection, keeping the unit from an F

OL- B-

Not much push in the running game, mediocre in the passing game. Could have looked a lot worse if Sanchez didn't make people miss.

DL- C-

No pressure in 4 man rushes, which there were a lot of. Recovered in their run stuffing for the most part after a bad start.

LB- B-

Similar to the Dline, recovered well in the second half and weren't too bad in coverage

CB- B

The loss of Revis hurt, but only on a handful of plays.

S- B+

After a bad week last week, Landy and Bell looked pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets game grades Week 3 @Miami Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
First off why the living F is Vlad Ducasse rotating with Slauson?

Becuase he's good now.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does any area, save for special teams, deserve anything higher than a C-?

Offense: D-
- Would be an F, but the OL was decent and we won.

Defense: D+
- Looked bad with Revis, awful without him. Front seven couldn't get off their blocks and Kyle Wilson & the secondary were abused towards the end of the game against a rookie QB. We caused some turnovers and Revis was Revis. We're slow in pass defense and can't tackle in run defense. It's terrible.

Special Teams: B+
- Bob Malone was great, Tim Tebow was great. No mistakes here, did everything they were supposed to

Coaching: D+
- I don't think any of the initial gameplan was poor, but when the offense is struggling like that you have to put someone like Tebow in the game. Not as the QB, but as the third option in the offense. Glad he got more snaps, would have liked to see him get more. Also, those penalties today were absolutely killer. Poor preparation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see our run defense looked bad. How did Demario Davis and Gmac look ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense

Quarterback - D+ - You just can't complete 46% of your passes and expect to win games frequently. How he had over 300 yards is still a mystery to me. Those two INT's were terrible throws, especially the second one. He only gets that "+" because he set up the GW FG with a nice pass to Holmes (surprise!)

Runningbacks - D- - Shonn Greene should not be starting anymore. Not only is he playing like crap, but Powell is performing like polished crap, so let's give him a shot.

Wide Receivers - D - Like with Sanchez, I don't know how Holmes finished with his numbers. I'm fairly certain Hill was shut out once again, and he had a couple bad drops that you don't expect a professional WR to make. Kerley was routinely mugged throughout the game, but did come up big with his two catches. Can someone explain to me why Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens see the field? Anyone?

Tight Ends - C - Did what they could, but didn't get much of a chance. The Cumberland experiment has yielded pretty poor results thus far. He could have had an easy TD, had Sanchez been able to get a clean throw.

Offensive Line - D - What happened to this line? They get no push at all. I give them a D because I felt like Sanchez had adequate time in the pocket all game. Keeping Wake out of the sack column is not easy, but they were awful in run blocking, so I can't give them a high grade.

Defense

Defensive Line - F - Pressure? Non-existant. Push? None. Coples and Maybin were completely invisible today. Had Bush not gone down, this game could have gotten ugly. McIntyre can't set the edge nearly as well as they think he can.

Linebackers - D - They can't cover, and they let runs get to the secondary too frequently. This group needs talent, and fast.

Secondary - C+ - All things considered, they didn't play that horribly. Revis was a beast until he went out. Even Cro played well for most of the game. Kyle Wilson wasn't noticeably embarrassing and Landry changed the game with his INT.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
DHarvey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grades? How about just one single word: 'embarrassing'
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
O-Line B+
First off why the living F is Vlad Ducasse rotating with Slauson?? Howard played well again, he allowed some pressure but no sacks. Mangold and Brick had a great game. We only allowed one sack but Shonn Greene couldn't go anywhere. But the oline is not a legit excuse to not do well because Powell did well with this oline!

It has to do with run blocking assignment because Ferguson and Slauson are awful at it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: