Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So...We got punched in the mouth..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: So...We got punched in the mouth.. Reply with quote

And Jamaal Charles responded!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE baby.

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big time guts shown by the D staying in this today.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
big time guts shown by the D staying in this today.

1- Thx for not locking this. My intent wasn't just to cheer, I was looking for a response like yours.

2- Big time guts by the D is right. Flowers was blanketing guys all day, Routts pick was sick, Jimmy Graham only 16 yards? DA F?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both previous statements. I would say our D played great, holding the Saints to under 300 yards in regulation, gave up a couple of TDs on short fields. Got some pressure, scored points, and honestly other than the penalty by Brown on the big return our ST unit played very well too.

This is closer to what I expected from this team at the start of the season, that we would be IN every game. If we have a strong season and don't have too many more blowouts...we could do well enough for Romeo not to lose his job.

However, if we regress I still think there is a considerable chance of change in KC...on a front office/coaching level.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: So...We got punched in the mouth.. Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
And Jamaal Charles responded!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE baby.

I posted that in the GDT but it fits to good here - must see.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread absolutely should be discussed. Many of us were calling our team soft and saying we don't stand up an fight and we did a hell of a job of that today.

I give serious props to everyone on our team today with the exception of Cassel (and he even gets a few for making a couple big time plays) and the coaching staff's handling of several things.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
this thread absolutely should be discussed. Many of us were calling our team soft and saying we don't stand up an fight and we did a hell of a job of that today.

I give serious props to everyone on our team today with the exception of Cassel (and he even gets a few for making a couple big time plays) and the coaching staff's handling of several things.

Jon Baldwin should get some props too. Nice grab on that 3rd and 7 where Cassel chucked it up and got some nice separation throughout the game.

ALSO!! RYAN SUCCOP BABY! CAP'N CLUTCH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D was put in some pretty tough situations by the O. Either we made some halftime adjustments to counter theirs, or they didn't think they needed to adjust at all. I am shocked we were in it at the end, more shocked that we pulled it off, and flabbergasted at the snowball this win could have on the rest of our season. We needed this.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #87 Travis Kelce, TE
Rec:0/Yards:0/TD's:0/Avg per:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbarkc wrote:
D was put in some pretty tough situations by the O. Either we made some halftime adjustments to counter theirs, or they didn't think they needed to adjust at all. I am shocked we were in it at the end, more shocked that we pulled it off, and flabbergasted at the snowball this win could have on the rest of our season. We needed this.

Hmmmhm! I agree. It was a MUST win in every regard.

Also, once SD loses to ATL, and DENVER to Houston, if we beat S.D we will be back on top of the division where we belong Wink haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not show heart til game 3 last year, so this is not a total surprise.

J

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job by the defense for the reasons already mentioned in this thread. They did continue to fight which was exactly what I was looking for. Justin Houston is looking like he has arrived and I don't think it will be too long in the future that he will eclipse Hali as our top pass rusher. Houston creates pressure where Hali seems to get pressure as a result of coverage. He just isn't that explosive and tends to get ridden out of the play. Houston is explosive and does a good job angling toward the quarterback.

Our offense for the most part kept fighting. Cassel still bothers me to no end. We survived his mistakes, although McCluster probably is out for a significant time due to a pathetic pass. Time after time Cassel would pass the ball and force the receiver to make adjustments instead of hitting them in stride - and for too many times he would throw a pass too high - he is going to get Bowe & Baldwin killed at some point. I am really glad Bowe didn't get hurt on that one play near the end of the game.

I hate that Hudson went out - anyone know what his injury was? Allen seemed to hold his own, any other opinions on his play?

The key for us will be can we show this resolve consistently, week-in and week-out or will we show this fight here and there but then come out of the gate completely flat in others.

Our team could be a very, very competitive team with a quarterback other than Cassel. His inability to throw a clean, catchable ball held up back.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston's ability to just bull rush a tackle into his own QB is amazing.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassel's interception very well could have cost us the game and caused the team to fold. I also remember his typical boneheaded play that he seems to make atleast once a game where he was pushed up front, panicked and slung the ball up to the back coming out of the backfield. If someone would have been closer in coverage that could have been a pick-6.

IMO, this game wouldn't have been as close as it was and certainly not a game that saw us need to claw back IF we had a quarterback that could hit receivers in stride and not continually force the receivers to test their vertical jump for every pass and get slammed in the ribs.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Cassel's interception very well could have cost us the game and caused the team to fold. I also remember his typical boneheaded play that he seems to make atleast once a game where he was pushed up front, panicked and slung the ball up to the back coming out of the backfield. If someone would have been closer in coverage that could have been a pick-6.

IMO, this game wouldn't have been as close as it was and certainly not a game that saw us need to claw back IF we had a quarterback that could hit receivers in stride and not continually force the receivers to test their vertical jump for every pass and get slammed in the ribs.

I know. It is so embarrassing to watch. That is why whenever we play teams like Baltimore who make us throw short - medium routes we get decimated. Matt Cassel simply cannot make tight throws in small(er) windows to move the chains.

On a side note, am I the only one who realizes that our offensive production normally depends on what we accomplish on first down? Today whenever we got 4-5+ yards on first down we consistently moved the chains, but whenever we got 1-2 yards or a negative play, we would run the ball on 2nd down to make 3rd down more manageable. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not, but I am disappointed in our offense for working like that. Instead, I would like to see us throw on 2nd and 10 / long and then throw again on 3rd down if we don't complete the pass. That is what most of the elite offenses in this league do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why everyone is so happy.. there is a reason why the Saints were 0-2. I just hope we can carry this circus onto week 4 and MAGICALLY win!

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: