Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calling it now, we new a new QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow.... REALLY... Brick wall

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Tebow.... REALLY... Brick wall

Ticket seller haha.

I think he was kidding on that one though.
klopp24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board with a New QB. Freeman was awful today. at one point he was 6/20....Thats not gona win anyone games. He does not run anymore at all. he stands in the pocket and holds the ball. you cant expect our OL to block for 6-7 seconds. He has got to find open guys. So frustrating. Freeman needs to go if he keeps playing like this. We gave him weapons and he still cant perform.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get how u go from putting up top 10 qb #s to being one of te worst qbs in a 2 year span. Especially when coaches rave his work ethic. He just doesn't have "It" apparently.
USFTAMPABAY20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
I'm on board with a New QB. Freeman was awful today. at one point he was 6/20....Thats not gona win anyone games. He does not run anymore at all. he stands in the pocket and holds the ball. you cant expect our OL to block for 6-7 seconds. He has got to find open guys. So frustrating. Freeman needs to go if he keeps playing like this. We gave him weapons and he still cant perform.

Some of it was on freeman, but how many open receivers were there today. im not saying that he doesnt need to step his game up because he does... but no one was mad at freeman last week when he was hitting receivers in stride. Guys have to get open and catch the ball when its put on them. We have alot of drops. And donald penn has been getting absolutely abused as of late.

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:
klopp24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USFTAMPABAY20 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

Some of it was on freeman, but how many open receivers were there today. im not saying that he doesnt need to step his game up because he does... but no one was mad at freeman last week when he was hitting receivers in stride. Guys have to get open and catch the ball when its put on them. We have alot of drops. And donald penn has been getting absolutely abused as of late.

I agree with you 100%. But i feel there were too many times freeman was holding the ball wayyy to long. And yes i agree it was because WRs were not open. But part of being a Quarterback is anticipating/knowing there routes. Good QBs can find WRs. Freeman hasnt used his legs at all this year extending plays. He usually is pretty good at that. I think that so many people have been in his head about not turning the ball over that he is hesitant about his throws and that causes him to hold the ball. Look at when he throws the ball up to VJ and Mike WIll they GO GET IT.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Jeff Garcia isn't doing anything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many flaws with Freeman's game, I can go on.

1. He fails to read the defense from the snap. You see a large majority know how to audible the pass protection and adjust the routes against a blitz. Watch what romo did when he saw it coming today, they ran quick slants to get it out on time. I saw no adjustments from Freeman at all. And that allowed him to get knocked around a lot. I can get more into this but it was obvious that hopefully the rest of you saw it.

2. He has TERRIBLE FIELD vision. This is even more obvious. Aikman's conversation with Rob Ryan is pretty much self-explanatory. Freeman drops back and looks to 1 side of the field, and his eyes never move. He's neglecting the whole other side of the field. That is a huge problem and Ryan spent all week and said he saw it "Consistantly." That makes things much easier for the DBs because they read his eyes, they know where it's going. Good QBs are able to look off defenders and get WRs open just with there eyes and head movement. Freeman CANNOT do that.

3. Pocket presence is just poor. He holds the ball too long, expecting his 1 WR to get open that he's locked onto, primarlily Vincent Jackson. Doesn't use what made him effective back in 09 and especially 2010. His legs. Yes, he's trying to be a pocket passer and that's fine, but use your feet when you can. He doesn't have a feel for the pocket. To think you can have all day when the blitz is coming after you is just flat out terrible. The footwork in the pocket is even worse, as he tends to throw off his backfoot many times.

4. His mechanics are poor. Throwing off the backfoot, release isn't very quick either. Honestly, I feel like I'm watching him back at Kansas State sometimes, as none of these have improved. He was never an accurate QB in college and yet, isn't in the NFL either. His deep ball was never good, even back in 2010 I seen him under throw guys on the deep ball.

Too me, I don't know how you can go from a guy who's in the top 10 QB conversation in 2010 to being considered a bottom 5 QB 2 years later, even after being a film rat, gym rat, and continuing to work on his game. A guy so hard-working and dedicated to get better, gets worse.

I admire his work ethic. I wish many had it. But I just don't think he's adjusted to the game speed and he's in his 4th year.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing about Freeman is if he is not for us(which is looking like so) we wont replace him for another 2 or 3 season

reason is, performances like today can be put on the OC, and then another game he will give you his performance he had against Carolina which was decent.

Freeman is not consistently bad, but at the same time far from consistently good. Right now the blame is not all on him, a lot of it can get put on play calling and his receivers not getting open.

Sadly, I do not think Freeman is our solution but he wont be replaced for another 2 seasons

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams don't win super bowls or go to the playoffs with an average QB anymore. Sadly, I don't even think Freeman is considered a top 20 QB.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if Greg Olson was really the problem in Freemans Development.(Again, before people go nuts on me, I mean as his QBs coach, not offensive coordinator.) I mean, look at what he is doing with Blaine Gabbert? haha.
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We new a new QB?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyyee wrote:
could always trade for Tebow

1. I hope this is a sick joke.
2. Nobody should ever, EVER make any statements remotely similar to this. EVER.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes things worse is all this crap we always hear about josh in the offseasons about how he's lost weight, looking good, committed to the game, "he's a top 5 QB", all this hype, only to show up in games like that.. pisses me off...

I'm willing to be patient with him though, I still think we could compete in the playoffs with him as our QB.. IF ALEX SMITH CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
What makes things worse is all this crap we always hear about josh in the offseasons about how he's lost weight, looking good, committed to the game, "he's a top 5 QB", all this hype, only to show up in games like that.. pisses me off...

I'm willing to be patient with him though, I still think we could compete in the playoffs with him as our QB.. IF ALEX SMITH CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN

Don't look now, but with some continuity Alex Smith is a good QB. Having different coaches his first, what, six (?) seasons would eff with any QB.

Same goes for Rodgers. If he didn't ride the pine his first few years, he wouldn't be who he is today. And he's finally come down to Earth, which is completely unrelated to what I'm saying. But it's still true. Laughing
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIFWIW. My friend knows Freeman and hangs out with him regularly. But he told me that he and Free got hammered a lot during the summer. My friend is not the lying type either. I don't like to hear that about my QB.

garbage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: