Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Todd Gurley
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yupyup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Todd Gurley Reply with quote

I'm always looking at the drafts ahead and this guy just impresses me so much. He's got great size at 6'1 and around 220, as well as very good speed, and great quickness as well. He doesn't dazzle you by going side to side, he just just goes north-south, hits the hole and he hits it hard. Obviously it's very early, but with all of his strengths and the fact that he should have very little wear and tear heading to the pro's (due to sharing carries with Keith Marshall who's also very good), I think he could definitely be the 1st back taken in 2 years and maybe even go high 1st.

Also doesn't hurt to have this kind of production: 44 car 406 yrds 9.2 ypc 6 TDs, 2 rec 8 yrds, 7 KR 243 yrds TD
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVdHV5dFno
ColumbusCrewzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the UGA-Vandy game last night and this guy impressed me a lot. I like him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

No way no how. When Yeldon takes over, he could put up insane numbers. He's an awesome back.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

No way no how. When Yeldon takes over, he could put up insane numbers. He's an awesome back.

Yeldon looks a bit uncoordinated the way he runs, but is shiftier than Gurley. But Gurley is so good at simply getting downhill, bursting through the line and has a second gear to pull away from defenders. Also has better balance/power and already showed the stiff-arm on a few runs.

I'd actually like to see more Kenyan Drake, the other Alabama Freshman RB. Drake actually is very similar in build and style to Gurley. Drake looks stronger and faster than Yeldon.
yupyup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

Gurley is already putting up insane numbers, and doesn't have the best O-line in the nation either.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

Considering Yeldon is running behind an NFL caliber line against college teams, you have to give it to Gurley.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

Now yes, by the time the draft comes along Yeldon will be much better. Gurley looks like he's maxed out his frame whereas I see Yeldon at a Stephen Jacksonesque 6'2 240 while still running a 4.4.
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

Now yes, by the time the draft comes along Yeldon will be much better. Gurley looks like he's maxed out his frame whereas I see Yeldon at a Stephen Jacksonesque 6'2 240 while still running a 4.4.

How's Yeldon gonna run a 4.4 at 240 when he doesn't even look like a 4.4 guy right now? Gurley is definitely a 4.4 guy already and he already shows better balance/power/strength than Yeldon.
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurley definitely looking like the best back in his class, and to me is already the best RB prospect in the country regardless of class.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Gurley definitely looking like the best back in his class, and to me is already the best RB prospect in the country regardless of class.

Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Laughing

Who would you rather have? I'm not saying if he came out now I'd take him over anyone. But by the time he's a Jr. it's not all that unlikely he'll be that highly regarded.

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Laughing

Who would you rather have? I'm not saying if he came out now I'd take him over anyone. But by the time he's a Jr. it's not all that unlikely he'll be that highly regarded.

DUKE!!!!
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Laughing

People always overreact when they see new players enter the fold. Gurley has certainly played well but what defense has he played?

Marcus Lattimore is still the best RB prospect in the country. Gurley has the talent to be the best very soon but he lacks the all around game Lattimore has right now.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
yupyup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Laughing

People always overreact when they see new players enter the fold. Gurley has certainly played well but what defense has he played?

Marcus Lattimore is still the best RB prospect in the country. Gurley has the talent to be the best very soon but he lacks the all around game Lattimore has right now.

So essentially you agree with me? I may have worded my original post poorly, but the point I was trying to get across was this: When Todd Gurley is draft eligible he will be the best RB prospect out of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 classes. He isn't better then Lattimore now, but when he's a Jr. I think he will be.

I don't know how good Missouri's D is, or UT's. But he's looked great against every team he's played and those two are usually good opponents. I mean he's leading the SEC in TD's while splitting time, that's pretty insane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: