Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets cut LB Bryan Thomas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Jets cut LB Bryan Thomas Reply with quote

Jets cut their longest tenured player, LB Bryan Thomas. Saw it on NFL.com - can't post link as I'm on my phone right now.

Edit: According to the article, the Jets let Thomas go after the impressive performance (2 sacks) of Garrett McIntyre. DB Donnie Fletcher was added to the active roster to take Thomas' spot. Odd move only because I think this team needs more veterans - not less.

Links (This is for you JD although you could have read the post where I said that I couldn't post a link as I was on my phone. Or you could have put in NFL.Com into your browser and found it for yourself pretty easily. With the number of people who use their mobile devices to access news, you should expect there to be time when a link is missing. Isn't it better to get news right away and wait a link than to not get news at all? Thanks for the friendly reminder!)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000064875/article/jets-cut-bryan-thomas-teams-longesttenured-player?module=HP11_headline_stack

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP2d3ec9c1799e43dcb7a88b8fcdbd71a1.html

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/22/new-york-jets-release-lb-bryan-thomas

http://tracking.si.com/2012/09/22/jets-release-bryan-thomas-dustin-keller-out/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-cut-lb-bryan-thomas-183033602--nfl.html

Last edited by SwiftTexan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst player ever to last more than a decade with the same team?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Worst 1st round pick ever to last more than a decade with the same team?

FIFY.

He wasn't that bad of a player. He was very good against the run and a solid all-around player. Wasn't exactly a star though.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a link!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was getting old. He gave us some good years.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who?
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's most likely going to get re-signed. He's a solid player, just not spectacular.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

If you take out his draft status and expectations, he was a fine player.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
JoeT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this is a one-week move because he's been hurt and we have lots of hurt players elsewhere on the roster. We probably would've cut TE Dedrick Epps to make room in a normal week, but FB John Conner is also out so Thomas is the one to take a week off the roster. Due to his salary, it's very unlikely anyone poaches him in the mean time.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's always been a pretty solid player. He'll get picked up by some Linebacker-needy team. Maybe the Skins with the injury to Orakpo (Just thinking about a possible destination)... Probably more of a rotational / backup guy though at this point in his career.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie Fletcher isn't even active today. Why exactly did they have to cut Thomas so they could sign him?
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Donnie Fletcher isn't even active today. Why exactly did they have to cut Thomas so they could sign him?

They weren't sure Lankster would play, but he did...which bumped down Fletcher.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets cut LB Bryan Thomas Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Links (This is for you JD although you could have read the post where I said that I couldn't post a link as I was on my phone. Or you could have put in NFL.Com into your browser and found it for yourself pretty easily. With the number of people who use their mobile devices to access news, you should expect there to be time when a link is missing. Isn't it better to get news right away and wait a link than to not get news at all? Thanks for the friendly reminder!)
No. In this forum, we discuss news, not rumors. We require a link because we don't want numerous internet rumors being spread like wildfire on the site. If there is a link in support of the story present, we at least know there's a legitimate discussion to be had.

We understand that it can be more difficult to comply when you're posting from a mobile device. However, we'd prefer the news be supported when posting no matter from what type of device you are posting. So, either go through the hassle of posting the link using your mobile device, or wait until you are on a device which more easily allows you to post a link. If somebody beats you to the punch in the mean time, so be it. Accuracy over speed.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

He is one of the most average players I've ever seen. He had one good season in Manginis first year IIRC, but has been average and in steady decline. He offers little to a team other than experience and run stopping ability. He can still set the edge fairly well, but you can forget about a pass rush.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jets cut LB Bryan Thomas Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
No. In this forum, we discuss news, not rumors. We require a link because we don't want numerous internet rumors being spread like wildfire on the site. If there is a link in support of the story present, we at least know there's a legitimate discussion to be had.

We understand that it can be more difficult to comply when you're posting from a mobile device. However, we'd prefer the news be supported when posting no matter from what type of device you are posting. So, either go through the hassle of posting the link using your mobile device, or wait until you are on a device which more easily allows you to post a link. If somebody beats you to the punch in the mean time, so be it. Accuracy over speed.

I know - which is why I said "on NFL.com"

My point is that instead of posting "Link! Link! Link!" like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum in the grocery store - why not help a fellow poster out who has explained that due to the limitations of mobile devices - I'm doing the best I can to get information out to the public. Why not put up the link for me if you're at a computer capable of doing such things? Why not be a help rather than a nuisance? Moderators should be better than that. I expect more of moderators.

For me - the best thing about this site is the collaboration of many sources of information in one place. If I'm posting rumours and something I overheard at the bar - I can see your point. But if I'm posting actual news - I think the FFNation should be able to type in "Bryan Thomas" into Google if they dont' believe me or help me out by posting the link. You can be a foe or an ally. And now - rather than talking about the actual news - a moderator has gotten us de-railed into talking about this nonsense.

I was irritated that JD, instead of contributing to the topic, just complained and whined about a link. In the future - I think JD has three options.

1) Help me out - put up the link for me and for others. I explained why I couldn't and I was home in 10 minutes to put the link up.

2) Send a friendly reminder but ALSO contribute to the post. Just sending a "Where's the link?!?!?!?" like your whole world is collapsing was irritating. To me anyway. But I'm an irritable guy. What are you contributing to the topic? Do you have any thoughts on the post?

3) Don't say anything at all. Trust that I will get the link up as soon as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: