You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you guys project him to go? And what are your thoughts on him as a prospect? Is he the best DT in this years draft?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's my 2nd ranked DT behind Star.

Interesting question I saw someone bring up: "how valuable are penetrating DTs compared to space eaters?"

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:

Interesting question I saw someone bring up: "how valuable are penetrating DTs compared to space eaters?"

They are more valuable. Look how few great penetrating DTs there are in the NFL right now.
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

They are more valuable. Look how few great penetrating DTs there are in the NFL right now.

That's my opinion too, but doesn't it hurt you in the running game? Suh for example, at least early in him career; I'm not sure how he is playing now.

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

That's my opinion too, but doesn't it hurt you in the running game? Suh for example, at least early in him career; I'm not sure how he is playing now.
Suh is a beast against the run. Our scheme tells him to ignore it. Literally he is instructed to not pay attention to the run, thats the LB's job. The coaches say the DL plays the run on the way to the QB, so translation: If the rb is in his path, take him down, but if he isn't stopping you from the QB, then go get the QB.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Star Lotulelei
2.) Louis Nix
3.) Sheldon Richardson
4.) John Jenkins
5.) John Hankins

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Suh is a beast against the run. Our scheme tells him to ignore it. Literally he is instructed to not pay attention to the run, thats the LB's job. The coaches say the DL plays the run on the way to the QB, so translation: If the rb is in his path, take him down, but if he isn't stopping you from the QB, then go get the QB.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if any other teams do this?

IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if any other teams do this?
Probably not. We do it because we run the wide-9, and the Eagles look like they are going to ditch that. But, if a team focuses on penetration, there wouldn't be too much of a difference.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macgregor wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Yeah, heard he's just not a bright guy. Great player though. Did he not have the grades out of high school to make a college? I know he went to JUCO despite being very very highly rated.

He went to JUCO because he was repeatedly unable to qualify academically for the Missouri football team. He finally made it happen several years later with the help of multiple, multiple tutors and most likely some bent rules. Guy's got rocks for brains.
I know Sheldon personally, and to say he has rocks for brains is actually being generous.

He is a great kid, has his head on his shoulders away from the field, but he has been treated like a King for so long it has clearly gone to his head. His on field ability is undeniable, he is probably the most talented DT in this class along with Star, but hes got a temper and isnt going to get any glowing recommendations from the Mizzou Coaching staff

He was suspended for the last Home game against Syracuse essentially for insubordination to his D-line coach. Telling him to "F off" over double digit times, then refusing to run laps for his punnishment and walking off the field.

If he gets that part of his attitude fixed he could become an amazing NFL DT. Because once he is on the field I havent seen anyone play harder or with more passion.

If he keeps his head down and mouth shut throughout the Pre-draft process he should shoot up draft boards as his Tape speaks plenty and his Measurables could be jaw dropping. This is a guy who was not only playing both sides of the ball at JUCO, he was playing DT, DE, LB, TE, HB, and he was Returning Kicks.

Guy is an insane athlete
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Macgregor wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Yeah, heard he's just not a bright guy. Great player though. Did he not have the grades out of high school to make a college? I know he went to JUCO despite being very very highly rated.

He went to JUCO because he was repeatedly unable to qualify academically for the Missouri football team. He finally made it happen several years later with the help of multiple, multiple tutors and most likely some bent rules. Guy's got rocks for brains.
I know Sheldon personally, and to say he has rocks for brains is actually being generous.

He is a great kid, has his head on his shoulders away from the field, but he has been treated like a King for so long it has clearly gone to his head. His on field ability is undeniable, he is probably the most talented DT in this class along with Star, but hes got a temper and isnt going to get any glowing recommendations from the Mizzou Coaching staff

He was suspended for the last Home game against Syracuse essentially for insubordination to his D-line coach. Telling him to "F off" over double digit times, then refusing to run laps for his punnishment and walking off the field.

If he gets that part of his attitude fixed he could become an amazing NFL DT. Because once he is on the field I havent seen anyone play harder or with more passion.

If he keeps his head down and mouth shut throughout the Pre-draft process he should shoot up draft boards as his Tape speaks plenty and his Measurables could be jaw dropping. This is a guy who was not only playing both sides of the ball at JUCO, he was playing DT, DE, LB, TE, HB, and he was Returning Kicks.

Guy is an insane athlete

These are enough to drop him out of the first round for me. If he disrespects coaches then he could wind up being a locker room cancer. And if he is dumb as rocks then I can see him not being able to process the speed of the NFL and all the other intricacies he'll have to face. Just my opinion.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL bound in 2013:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000103292/article/sheldon-richardson-leaves-missouri-to-apply-for-nfl-draft
coors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still enjoying our "grown man" football, Sheldon? I know that it was all the way back in week 2, but whooping up on Mizzou and this kid was one of the most gratifying win of the entire season. It's fun to win football games, but its even more fun when you not only beat the team as a whole, but you beat the guy who called your team out a week before the game, that is gratifying.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
still enjoying our "grown man" football, Sheldon? I know that it was all the way back in week 2, but whooping up on Mizzou and this kid was one of the most gratifying win of the entire season. It's fun to win football games, but its even more fun when you not only beat the team as a whole, but you beat the guy who called your team out a week before the game, that is gratifying.

I don't understand why so many fans have blown that quote way out of proportion. And he actually played a great game vs Georgia.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
coors wrote:

I don't understand why so many fans have blown that quote way out of proportion. And he actually played a great game vs Georgia.
he has played great all season long, and has had his way with just about every SEC offensive line.

And once again. Georgia didn't do any "whooping" of Mizzou. It was a 1 score game that out inept QB gave you the ball on the 5 & 1 yard lines to end the game. You definitely beat us, but in no way whooped Mizzou.

And if you think a little attitude problem is going to drop him out of the first round then you are sadly mistaken. We are saying he isn't book smart, hence why no one thought he would be T Mizzou for his SR year. He is a smart FB player and is nothing but a warrior/leader out on the field. It's his immense passion that leads to his attitude issue, something that I actually like about him
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

No their not more valuable....

If you have a DT that can occupy two gaps in a gap-control defense, that is almost priceless. That shuts down a run game totally, it frees up the Mike Backer to spy or blitz freely.

For a defensive coordinator, a pentrating DT is a gift and a curse, either he gets up the field and makes the play or he contributes to giving up a big play. If he gets up field and misses, that would allow the guard to get up the field and block the backer and allow the back to cut back and get up field and gash a defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: