Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Mista, with one of the worst offenses in the league for the 100th year in the row, you want us to spend our first two picks on the defense? Please explain this logic.

If they are BPA at positions of need then why not. No one knows where we will pick. I would like to see a receiver with one of those picks, but if it meant taking the best player or reaching for a early 2nd talent I would rather take best player available.

Eventually need has to become a factor. We have a qb thats on the verge of becoming a bust. Surrounding him with talent should honestly be the number one priority. Serious talent, not late rounders who will make zero impact or 2nd round picks who cant contribute because they cant see the field.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Mista, with one of the worst offenses in the league for the 100th year in the row, you want us to spend our first two picks on the defense? Please explain this logic.

If they are BPA at positions of need then why not. No one knows where we will pick. I would like to see a receiver with one of those picks, but if it meant taking the best player or reaching for a early 2nd talent I would rather take best player available.

Eventually need has to become a factor. We have a qb thats on the verge of becoming a bust. Surrounding him with talent should honestly be the number one priority. Serious talent, not late rounders who will make zero impact or 2nd round picks who cant contribute because they cant see the field.

I agree that need is a factor but to what extent? Let's say we have a situation like last year, do you pick Reiff at 14? Kendall Wright?

I trust this FO and they will evaluate their weaknesses and become stronger through the draft and free agency.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I agree that need is a factor but to what extent? Let's say we have a situation like last year, do you pick Reiff at 14? Kendall Wright?

I trust this FO and they will evaluate their weaknesses and become stronger through the draft and free agency.

I wanted blackmon. I wouldnt of minded Reiff (or decastro). Looking at the state of O line right now, we would be much better off with one of them than brockers.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I'd say we need an OT and a OG. Don't care if we go about it in FA or the draft. Also need a WR.

So I'd say with our picks, I'd look to do something like:
1. WR
1. OT
2. S/LB
3. OG
4. LB/S

But that's not counting FA. Who are some plausible players?

1. Keenan Allen WR Cal
1. Barrett Jones OL Alabama
2. Jake Matthews RT/OG TAMU
3. Sean Porter OLB TAMU/Gerald Hodges OLB PSU
4. Kenny Tate S Maryland/DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
MISTA314

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:

Well as I stated at the beginning of that post, we have to consider the possibilities of free agency. Here are just a few of the names that will be available at positions of need:

OT's

Jake Long (yeah probably not going anywhere)
Duane Brown/ Texans
Sebastian Vollmer/ Patriots
Ryan Clady/ Broncos
Jermon Bushrod/ Saints

WR's

Greg Jennings (you never know)
Dwayne Bowe/ Chiefs
Mike Wallace/ Steelers
Malcolm Floyd/ Chargers

Now I'm assuming that we will definately make a strong push for one of those OT's mentioned. As for the WR's, I wouldn't be surprised if we make an attempt for one of those guys. Seeing as how we didn't target a big play WR in free agency in 2012, and from the looks of it, the WRs we selected in the draft aren't making an impact, I can definately see us targeting a WR in free agency.

Now this brings me to the draft. If all those variables are true and we come away from the 2013 free agency with a starting OT (doesn't matter RT or LT) and a bonified WR threat, then my draft scenerio is a very realistic possibility.

Look we all know that Jeff Fisher will assemble a monster Defense in St Louis. Why not embrace it sooner than later and accept that we are going to be a Defensive juggernaut that will win by holding teams to 10-17 pts a game. Our offense will catch up. But right now we have to build upon our biggest strength right now and thats DEFENSE
MISTA314

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I wanted blackmon. I wouldnt of minded Reiff (or decastro). Looking at the state of O line right now, we would be much better off with one of them than brockers.

I think thats a little unfair considering Brocker's hasn't even had the opportunity to prove his worth in a regular season game. We all took notice how easily he ate up blockers and stuffed the middle of the line in preseason. As good as our D has played thus far imagine how much better we're gonna be once Brockers get back.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I wouldn't go that far at all. DeCastro is on IR right now.

Our rush defense has stunk without him. I think once he gets in the game, he'll make a pretty noticeable difference.

If I were getting rid of anyone, it would be Quick for Jeffery or Cordy Glenn.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Why are so many of you convinced that Saffold is of starting caliber? His rookie season was solid, but considering our offensive system at the time, he wasn't really asked to do too much.

Check this link, and you will see that in 2011, our worst stats in the rushing game were to his side (the left). I know you can't fault him entirely for that, but it is more evidence to me that we are looking at a mediocre player at best.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Check this link and you will see that he was the worst player on our team in 2011 in terms of blocking efficiency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/

I'm counting the minutes until Lunatic and others come in here and defends him, but that is exactly what happened when I questioned Jason Smith. Saffold has shown next to nothing in terms of being impressive.(With the exception of rookie season hype).

Players don't improve as they gain experience? You could say the same thing about Bradford last year. Bad year so he is not a franchise QB? Saffold played good until his knee injury this year. When he comes back the Rams will find out what they have by the end of the year.

By all means, some players do improve with experience, but not all. I'm not saying the guy is trash, I just don't see where all the confidence in his abilities is derived from.

Are you telling me that you've evaluated Saffold's play this year? How many snaps has he even taken? He got injured in the 1st game, and then again in the 2nd game, and didn't play in the 3rd.

He played great during the preseason is what I am basing how he played so far. In the Lions game he didn't give up a single pressure until he got injured in the 4th quarter and left the game. He played solid up until about midway through through the 2nd quarter in the Redskins game too before he left.

As far as "confidence in his abilities is derived from", you could say that for half the Rams players. Nearly every Ram took a step back last year. That makes me think the coaching was part of the problem. Everyone wants Stewart to start but last year he missed a tackle in every 4.3 attempts. Even Long regressed in stopping the run the last couple years.

The coaching wasn't the best with Spags. We need to evaluate how players play from this point on with a experienced NFL coach not a coaching staff that looked like it is in over its head and couldn't make adjustments. Seems like you are singling out him and giving others a pass. See how he plays this season in his 3rd year then lets make a judgement on him in my opinion.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Our rush defense has stunk without him. I think once he gets in the game, he'll make a pretty noticeable difference.

I agree, but do you think Jeffery would have played as well on the Rams while getting the main attention of opposing team's defenses? Having Brandon Marshall on the other side of the field I would think helps him get open.

That is another reason I'd like to see the Rams go after a #1 WR that is a free agent next year. It will take some of the pressure and coverage off of Amendola and guys like Quick and Givens when they do start to play consistently.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Right now, I'd say we need an OT and a OG. Don't care if we go about it in FA or the draft. Also need a WR.

So I'd say with our picks, I'd look to do something like:
1. WR
1. OT
2. S/LB
3. OG
4. LB/S

But that's not counting FA. Who are some plausible players?

1. Keenan Allen WR Cal
1. Barrett Jones OL Alabama
2. Jake Matthews RT/OG TAMU
3. Sean Porter OLB TAMU/Gerald Hodges OLB PSU
4. Kenny Tate S Maryland/DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

Man that would be an awesome draft if that happened, I wouldn't complain one bit.

alanram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Vertical passing Reply with quote

I see some logic in everyones opinion regarding the season so far. DeCastro, Quick, Brockers, Jeffrey what to do, what to do? I've watched all of the Rams games and unfortunately I see the same spotty play from Sam Bradford as I did last year. Too many East/West pass routes and too much staring down his main target. Is it because the WR's are too slow, too short or can't get separation? They weren't drafted in the first round? Should we have taken Michael Floyd instead of Michael Brockers. Floyd already has a TD catch! Bradford has no time (O-Line) and the running game cannot get through holes that aren't there.(O-Line) You can have all of the superstar offensive players you want, if nearly all of the series' are three and outs what does it matter.(O-Line) Bradford needs to stay upright (O-Line) and throw the ball downfield quickly.....end of story. Any other focus at this point will have us looking for a new QB in 2014.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vertical passing Reply with quote

alanram wrote:
I see some logic in everyones opinion regarding the season so far. DeCastro, Quick, Brockers, Jeffrey what to do, what to do? I've watched all of the Rams games and unfortunately I see the same spotty play from Sam Bradford as I did last year. Too many East/West pass routes and too much staring down his main target. Is it because the WR's are too slow, too short or can't get separation? They weren't drafted in the first round? Should we have taken Michael Floyd instead of Michael Brockers. Floyd already has a TD catch! Bradford has no time (O-Line) and the running game cannot get through holes that aren't there.(O-Line) You can have all of the superstar offensive players you want, if nearly all of the series' are three and outs what does it matter.(O-Line) Bradford needs to stay upright (O-Line) and throw the ball downfield quickly.....end of story. Any other focus at this point will have us looking for a new QB in 2014.

Floyd was drafted the pick before us. If you want to argue that we shouldn't have traded down then we would have lost out on a second. I think I like what we did, but its only been 3 games.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
alanram

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Vertical passing Reply with quote

I was simply using Michael Floyd as an example to show the litany of choices that the RAMS had and that RAM fans had/have regarding the draft choices made. My opinion is that we should have taken David DeCastro with our selection simply because our O-Line contributed to Sam Bradfords regression last year. Sure DeCastro is on the IR and he may well have been injured if he were a RAM. Botton line is that I hope our luck with the health of our O-Line changes soon or it does not matter how many O-Lineman we draft, they'll all get hurt!
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, without brockers our run D wouldve been terrible but has our run D cost us a game? No. Our line has. I wouldve even taken Floyd without trading back. Yeah we wouldnt of gotten a second, but Pead is a wasted pick anyway (imo) so what's the difference?

Hopefully Brock and Quick can get on the field this week, we need these rookies to start making an impact. I predicted 6-10 7-9 and I'm sticking to it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

I agree, but do you think Jeffery would have played as well on the Rams while getting the main attention of opposing team's defenses? Having Brandon Marshall on the other side of the field I would think helps him get open.

That is another reason I'd like to see the Rams go after a #1 WR that is a free agent next year. It will take some of the pressure and coverage off of Amendola and guys like Quick and Givens when they do start to play consistently.

I don't know but what I can tell you is that he'd be on the field contributing. And if Jeffery was getting the defense's main attention, that would mean Amendola isn't which would help us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: