Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turtle's way too early 2013 4 round Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Mathieu and Rambo are off my board- drugs.

Oday Aboushi is a possibility round 2 for sure.

Only thing I'd say about Aboushi: in three years, he's only started on the right side of the line five times (back in 2010). He's mostly a left tackle. Could you switch him? Perhaps. But is that the best use of the pick? I'm not sure.

Although many think he could move to RT and be very successful. Eric Winston(who some compare Aboushi to) was a RT/LT in college and was fine in the NFL at RT

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Only thing I'd say about Aboushi: in three years, he's only started on the right side of the line five times (back in 2010). He's mostly a left tackle. Could you switch him? Perhaps. But is that the best use of the pick? I'm not sure.

Although many think he could move to RT and be very successful. Eric Winston(who some compare Aboushi to) was a RT/LT in college and was fine in the NFL at RT

Yes, but given that he's primarily a LT in college, he's unlikely to be available for us to pick up in the second round unless he's injured or has some horrid pre-draft workouts.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yes, but given that he's primarily a LT in college, he's unlikely to be available for us to pick up in the second round unless he's injured or has some horrid pre-draft workouts.

I would have to disagree there though, most places so far have a 2nd round grade on Aboushi as an OT. I've seen some that have him way up in the mid 1st, but most so far have it as a mid 2nd.

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that to get a good RT we don't have to spend a 2nd round pick, but I believe to get a top notch starting FS or CB you need to invest a 1st or 2nd rounder on them. I think we go vacarro, Lester or Jefferson in round 2 then come back in round 3 and take the best available tackle prospect for our scheme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
redskins4789

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Kenny Tate on this team he would be a great pick in the third.
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
We don't have to take Kenny Tate that early. He'll be a late round pick. I like him also and want him on te team but it seems as if right now we can get him in rounds 5-7. People have said he's a tweener. In between a WLB and Safety, I think he's best going back to Safety and I wish Edstall has kept him there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:
We don't have to take Kenny Tate that early. He'll be a late round pick. I like him also and want him on te team but it seems as if right now we can get him in rounds 5-7. People have said he's a tweener. In between a WLB and Safety, I think he's best going back to Safety and I wish Edstall has kept him there.

Tate will move back to SS, and as a 5th round pick he'd be a good value with his potential being there.

Talking FS/SS guys keep an eye on Duke Williams from Nevada. Started watching him more and am impressed with his game. Not sure exactly if he'll be a FS or a SS, but he's got great range

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:
Tate will move back to SS, and as a 5th round pick he'd be a good value with his potential being there.

Talking FS/SS guys keep an eye on Duke Williams from Nevada. Started watching him more and am impressed with his game. Not sure exactly if he'll be a FS or a SS, but he's got great range
I agree. Duke Williams is a good prospect, I saw him play as well. Definitely someone to keep your eye on.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
redskins4789 wrote:

I agree. Duke Williams is a good prospect, I saw him play as well. Definitely someone to keep your eye on.

Looks like a 3rd round prospect. With the Safety depth this year we can walk out of this class with a FS and SS that are upgrades from what we have(not that its saying much anyways)

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Looks like a 3rd round prospect. With the Safety depth this year we can walk out of this class with a FS and SS that are upgrades from what we have(not that its saying much anyways)
I agree, unfortunately. Which is why I wanted Brandon Taylor last year, if we drafted him in round 3 last year I think he'd be starting right now.

I really think Vaccaro, Lester, Jefferson or Williams can start at FS if we draft them in round 2 and a guy like Tate in round 4 or 5 can probably start also day 1. I really think we should draft 2 safeties and a cb in this draft and sign one also. We really have to focus on the secondary problem.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated... Yeah, team order isn't right but that's long from being set
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

A suggestion: mark our lost first rounder as from us. It isn't clear which one is the natural Rams' pick and which one is ours. Likewise, do the same with the 2nd round pick that Cincinnati got from Oakland, and the 2nd that Miami got from Indianapolis.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

A suggestion: mark our lost first rounder as from us. It isn't clear which one is the natural Rams' pick and which one is ours. Likewise, do the same with the 2nd round pick that Cincinnati got from Oakland, and the 2nd that Miami got from Indianapolis.
Ok, good idea. Thanks. I added a 4th round
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

Don't forget the other picks that have changed hands too. Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

Don't forget the other picks that have changed hands too. Wink
thanks woz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: