Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Russell Wilson endorsements have already begun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: The Russell Wilson endorsements have already begun Reply with quote

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/09/19/seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-stars-in-new-levis-commercial/

Not a bad one, solid editing in this commercial/short. If you stayed tuned during TC and after the draft, nothing RW said should sound unfamiliar. Not a major commercial, but a nice start.

I made a new thread because i thought this should get noticed. It also sparked a question in my mind:

Is Wilson prepared to be the face of the franchise, rather than just the franchise QB (like a Sam Bradford)? Does Russ have Icon potential?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he pans out, then I definitely see him being the franchise guy. Who else would fill that role?

Beast Mode? I think he is a lil too camera shy in that regard.

Russ oooozes confidence. He is the kind of guy that you would throw on TV ads, like A-Rod or Tom Brady or Peyton.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really liked the whole vibe of the ad. That whole spot seemed to be what Russell Wilson is all about. Confident, but laid back. Not arrogant and flashy, just a quiet belief in his ability. This didn't come off as fake like Brett Favre's phony "I'm just like everybody else" jeans ad a couple years ago. That was lame. This was much classier and, for the moment, more realistic. Maybe it won't be in a few years when Russell is living the "Tom Brady" life with a 100 million dollar contract and a 15 major endorsements, but maybe not. My ouija board won't answer that question for me at the moment.

As far as the question about him being an iconic player, I could definitely see that happening. The guy I would compare him to, not because of their similar size necessarily tho, is Drew Brees. He has that same kind of confidence and persona to him. Yes, they do happen to be around the same size and that would be an obvious comparison, but look at the way Drew Brees carries himself off the field. No legal issues, no scandals, ish, bounty gate couldn't even put a dirty spot on him. Fire on the field, class off of it. He is the face of that organization and city and he rarely says anything that comes off as "me first." I see Wilson having the potential to be that same kind of person for the 'Hawks organization, now he just has to continue to develop on the field cuz you can't be an iconic, face-of-the-franchise player without the skills to back it up. Unless, of course, you have millions of sycophants who are desperate for a "hero" to worship and they build you up into something you're clearly not just to vicariously sedate their own failures in life. But I doubt Russell Wilson wants to be that dude.

Sheldon Cooper
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a pimp Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could easily see him being the face of the franchise and an icon in the league if he continues to grow. He's a very unique and exciting player to watch. He's humble but confident and well-spoken.

Seattle will likely be known for their huge secondary for the time being. Or Beastmode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: