Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players you wish that panned out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what several others have said, the big ones that come to mind are Justin Harrell and Jeremy Thompson. Man, if Justin Harrell had come through...boy would that have been fantastic, not only for the team, but to see all the egg on soooo many "fans'" faces.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, you can fix a bunch of things but once you mess up your back.......

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Pretty much what several others have said, the big ones that come to mind are Justin Harrell and Jeremy Thompson. Man, if Justin Harrell had come through...boy would that have been fantastic, not only for the team, but to see all the egg on soooo many "fans'" faces.

Yeah and I'm sure no one was more frustrated by injuries and rehabbing than Harrell himself. Never made sense to me why so fans continued to hate on him. Really wish he would have panned out.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Yeah and I'm sure no one was more frustrated by injuries and rehabbing than Harrell himself. Never made sense to me why so fans continued to hate on him. Really wish he would have panned out.

The thing that really confuses me is why fans hate players on their own team. It's like there have been people who were nominally Packer fans who wanted guys like Rodgers, Hawk, Finley, and Harrell to fail. I've had someone tell me he wants Sherrod and Perry to fail because he wanted to draft Brooks Reed instead. WTF?

If you're really more concerned with being right about something a couple of years ago than the success of the team you cheer for, are you really a fan in any meaningful sense.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Jackson
Justin Harrell
Aaron Rouse
Pat Lee
Derek Sherrod

justo wrote:
THIS ONE IS FOR LULU
packerjmf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett.....
Conway.

IrishGreen wrote:
lol @ bo ryan's system
will never work when it actually matters
sweet sixteen is their ceiling.. if they get out of this one
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although he had a good couple of years (1 great), I really wish Robert Brooks hadn't shredded his knee in that game against the 9ers. Kid was fantastic.

Fear of re-injuring is a real thing. Years ago, I messed up my left leg in a freak break dancing incident... I never recovered mentally from it and I no longer "own" the dance floor at weddings and bar mitzvahs.
EB29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:

The thing that really confuses me is why fans hate players on their own team. It's like there have been people who were nominally Packer fans who wanted guys like Rodgers, Hawk, Finley, and Harrell to fail. I've had someone tell me he wants Sherrod and Perry to fail because he wanted to draft Brooks Reed instead. WTF?

If you're really more concerned with being right about something a couple of years ago than the success of the team you cheer for, are you really a fan in any meaningful sense.

Hell no. Your just pety and small. A fan wants success over anything else IMO.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Thinking about that a bit more. I don't think it's ever been a board slot issue for me with TT's picks. More times than not he has taken them when they were about to go. Many times it's just been a fit issue for me or I wanted him to go a different direction. The slot is always spot on with TT though, and if you see a guy you want........

Would you say Nick Collins was one of them? When I saw we picked him, I flipped through my magazine, and didn't find him. Then looked on draft sites and found very little about him. Ted knows, I don't Laughing

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Thinking about that a bit more. I don't think it's ever been a board slot issue for me with TT's picks. More times than not he has taken them when they were about to go. Many times it's just been a fit issue for me or I wanted him to go a different direction. The slot is always spot on with TT though, and if you see a guy you want........

Would you say Nick Collins was one of them? When I saw we picked him, I flipped through my magazine, and didn't find him. Then looked on draft sites and found very little about him. Ted knows, I don't Laughing

I suppose we should include Collins just like someone who mentioned Sterling Sharpe and me talking about Tim Lewis.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

LIS, I have had very few slot issues with TT over the years. Man clearly holds a premium on many of the same things I do. I had Collins in a tier after the slot picked. I would have far more issue with that in the top ten then I would in round two.

Issues I have had with TT over the years more so fall in line with fit issues or me just wanting him to go in a different direction. A guy like Neal held that grade/slot for me also but I had his high board as a 3tech in a Tampa2. Man let Leach walk because of the poor fit and then turned around and drafted a poor man's version of him in Johnson. Felt a team with a Eagles type system would drool all over Perry but had his tier a hair later in the 30 front. That type of thing.

The wanting him to go a different direction thing is what it is. That's clearly not to say I felt TT was in the wrong from a slot/value POV. I just felt there was someone else that could help the Packers more at the time of the pick because of depth,age, ect. Taking Sherrod over Reed type of thing. That's not to say TT was wrong, I just wanted Reed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Newsome - That year in '96 was amazing! Still rock the jersey!

Brian Williams - He was straight up good!

Cleditus Hunt - Had a flash of dominance.

Gabe Wilkins - Taught William Henderson how to hurdle a tackler!
xDD80x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Thompson seemed like a great dude. Rouse. Carroll and Joey Thomas. Javon did pan out, could've been dominant for years. Vernon Morency had that lightning quick first step and then zilch. Marques Anderson and the parade of safety mishaps. Eric Crouch for the lulz. Craig Nall never got his shot!

Kevin Barry's mom used to babysit me. Kevin was a big asset to the Packers including Ahman's at-the-time-7th-best-all-time 1883 yard season.

Please don't make me add Shields to this list. A CB with the speed to not get beat deep is pretty valuable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Cobb... Watched him hurdle guys at Tenn. Really good power and speed combo. Shredded his knee and was nothing. Brett Fullwood. Best remembered as Brent Fumblewood... Rather party than play, was Bo Jackson lite.

Harrell is sad, but one of my first posts here was about Harrell being a wasted picked in regard to him not being on the field and man the hate rained on me. It wasn't that I hated the guy, I don't know him personally. It wasn't that I hated the pick; I knew little about him and had to research and what I found I was excited about. I think that silly youtube video created a divide amoung Packer Nation.

But the Rich Cambell one... Just got off the Hadl thing. Picking high and need a guy to build a franchise around... And this guy is a mess in the head. Granted, Bruce Clark might be worse... Anyway, those two picks lead to the end of Bart Starr as coach and set the Pack back at least 10 if not 15 years.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all have been mentioned. The one I was really surprised was Pat Lee, I thought he was going to be a damn good one in this league. Had all the measurables, just couldn't put it together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: