Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players you wish that panned out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxr124

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna date myself here a bit, but I was really excited about Tony Mandarich and Brent Fullwood when we drafted them.
byzr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought that Mike Hawkins had a good shot to be what Sam Shields has been. he had so much raw talent but just couldn't put it together on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for me it is Ahmad Carroll, he just couldn't stop holding receivers but had the speed to keep up with them.

~Mozilla on the sig~
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARROLL.
skibrett15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of those we haven't mentioned:

Will Blackmon, guy just couldn't stay healthy but was a return asset

deshawn wynn. Really though he could have been a goal line stud.

matt flynn. Thought the guy had a shot but now I'm not sure he'll get another.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how well-liked he is/was around here, but Atari Bigby is the main one to come to mind for me. Safety is one of my favorite positions to watch, and I really thought (especially after that Seattle playoff game in the snow) that he would be the type heavy-hitting intimidating presence that we haven't had back there in ages.
British

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Jamarko Simmons - loved his punishing running style and after some great YouTube highlights I was sure he'd do something. He didn't even make it to final cuts.

RT Breno Giacomini - after all the time invested in him I really wanted to see him become a dominant RT. Never seemed to get it. Now plays for Seattle.

OT Jamon Meredith - looked like we had ourselves a steal. Mocked in the 2nd round and we picked him up in the 5th. Great physical tools but obviously something missing. Already on his 6th NFL club (currently Bucs).

QB Brian Brohm - Wished we could have got something for him. Has there been worse back-to-back picks for TT than the Brian Brohm/Pat Lee combo?
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceEcho34 wrote:
Not sure how well-liked he is/was around here, but Atari Bigby is the main one to come to mind for me. Safety is one of my favorite positions to watch, and I really thought (especially after that Seattle playoff game in the snow) that he would be the type heavy-hitting intimidating presence that we haven't had back there in ages.

I get that one when I have the scout cap on. Would be very high for me also when I have the Packers fan hat on. Bigby was a fun watch. I miss Brady Poppinga interviews also. That cat was crazy in a good way.

LIS, since I have been doing this for a living Harrell would clearly be at the top of my list. From a fans POV though, I really enjoyed watching a bunch of them that just did not pan out for one reason or another.

I was a die hard Bills fan until the early 90's though. Going back to the start of my alliance with the Packers, Ross Verba would be very high on this list for me also.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Justin Harrell. That guy just couldn't catch a break. Worked hard, had a good attitude, played pretty well but just kept getting hurt.

Agreed. He showed promise when he could play but was plagued by injuries. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Justin Harrell. That guy just couldn't catch a break. Worked hard, had a good attitude, played pretty well but just kept getting hurt.
This, plus it seemed so many Green Bay fans were quick to hate the mans guts. Sad story, I just hope he saved his money and can live a normal life. I wish GB fans would have been more welcoming to him.

I never understood the hatred he got from fans. It was almost shameful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Sterling Sharpe. Sad

I know you say "but he was an all-pro!" Yes, but for a very, very brief time. If his career "panned out" and he didn't get that neck injury, he would have been discussed as an all-time great instead of a Packer great. Would have gotten a ring too.

Yes, he would be in the HOF right now. He was 10x better than his brother.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I always go back to Harrell and Murphy. I also wished things worked out differently for Torrence Marshall. One of the Biggest dumb@$$ I ever saw in a uniform, but man, you had all the makings of a tremendous LBer if he would have put it together.

I had always hoped for better things for Hentrich in GREEN BAY too.

Am I the only one that wished hometown boy Randy Wright would have become a solid QB in his time too?

If we're gonna go back in time to hometown boys, how about Jerry Tagge? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back there was another player whose career was cut short that I think would have been great = Tim Lewis. I understand he's now a coach in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, probably Robert Ferguson. Never was the same after getting clotheslined...
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
This, plus it seemed so many Green Bay fans were quick to hate the mans guts. Sad story, I just hope he saved his money and can live a normal life. I wish GB fans would have been more welcoming to him.

I never understood the hatred he got from fans. It was almost shameful.

It wasn't almost shameful, it was shameful. Many arm-chair GMs didn't like the pick. And a lot of them would rather be right than have the player succeed. A lot of people did him wrong as fans of the team.
It's one thing to disagree. It is a whole different thing to hope for failure because you can then say "I told you so."

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: