Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett follows through, Emasculates Jones in process?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Garrett is a "Puppet"
Yes, Garrett = Campo, Phillips, Etc
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
No, Garrett is not a "Puppet"
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Not enough information to decide
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I'll just say this...there's a definitive split between Cowboy fans regarding Jerry Jones.

Is there? I am pretty sure upwards of 95% of individuals would want a different GM.

Unless you mean the concept that Jerry is responsible for the Apocalypse, extinct animals, high unemployment rates and the lack of good TV shows on the Disney Channel. In which case, then yes. Yes there is a split of opinion on him. Since several of us do not believe he is the harbinger of death and destruction.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if its not spin, that please tell me the word that describes this series of events:

Step 1 - you said:

"The organization would be better served if Jerry would just shut the hell up regarding player performance issues."

Step 2 - I agreed

Step 3 - You say, but no, this was my spin:

"I know people are really sensitive about Jerry Jones. REALLY SENSITIVE. But this is the sort of thing that's gotta stop."

(Act of "spinning/insert word" just happened)

You know damn well what I was referring too.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14659426#14659426

So too recap:

A: You just tried to "spin/insert word" here in this thread

B: You did it in the other thread where you took people voting that Jerry should be quiet and tried to play it off as 90% of the forum "has a growing sentiment" that Garrett is a puppet.

Point 2 regarding the following:

Quote:
However, there is a growing sentiment in the forum that would like to see the DCRA and DCOA focus more on facts instead of simply bashing each other. I think it's fair to say that the majority of the forum would say "it's getting old."

You are missing the message completely. There isnt really a DCRA and DCOA any more. Those acronyms get tossed around jokingly, but the core of what those two factions are has long gone away. There is only this:

The vast majority of the forum here who can agree with this statement:

Jerry Jones has made both terrible and positive decisions while GMing the Cowboys. Currently, it would appear that the franchise is headed in the right direction under the trifecta of Jason, Stephen and Jerry.

And the extremely vocal minority who live by this statement + Credo:

Jerry Jones is everything wrong with the Cowboys and we will never improve while he is GM.

-I vow to bring this up at least twice weekly
-I vow to interject this thought into most all threads, even if they are not pertaining to J Jones
-I vow to double, nay triple my efforts when something bad happens

Those are not the DCOA and DCRA. Its Cowboys fans and Jerry haters. Go back and read the threads buddy, people aren't complaining about the cowboys fans. They are complaining about the fact that Jerry haters can not stop beating a dead horse.

You're right. It is getting old. So stop doing it incessantly. There are times and place for you to spew your venom... but that time isnt always and that place isnt everywhere.

Weve already lost one MVP caliber poster because he couldnt learn this simple lesson. Lets not lose two.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
If we can't, I'm going to have to start getting angry. And you won't like me when I'm angry.

You turn into a big green lime-a-rita?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts, I think we can safely invite TO7 into our party and have a 3-way.

T_O7, I would run if I were you.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”

Last edited by htfryar on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
If we can't, I'm going to have to start getting angry. And you won't like me when I'm angry.

Pretty much.

^^^Deadpulse
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Pretty much.

You're right, I wont like you. Lime-a-ritas are gross.

plan9misfit wrote:

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Ok, if its not spin, that please tell me the word that describes this series of events:

Step 1 - you said:

"The organization would be better served if Jerry would just shut the hell up regarding player performance issues."

Step 2 - I agreed

Step 3 - You say, but no, this was my spin:

"I know people are really sensitive about Jerry Jones. REALLY SENSITIVE. But this is the sort of thing that's gotta stop."

(Act of "spinning/insert word" just happened)

You know damn well what I was referring too.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14659426#14659426

So too recap:

A: You just tried to "spin/insert word" here in this thread

B: You did it in the other thread where you took people voting that Jerry should be quiet and tried to play it off as 90% of the forum "has a growing sentiment" that Garrett is a puppet.

Point 2 regarding the following:

Quote:
However, there is a growing sentiment in the forum that would like to see the DCRA and DCOA focus more on facts instead of simply bashing each other. I think it's fair to say that the majority of the forum would say "it's getting old."

You are missing the message completely. There isnt really a DCRA and DCOA any more. Those acronyms get tossed around jokingly, but the core of what those two factions are has long gone away. There is only this:

Jerry Jones has made both terrible and positive decisions while GMing the Cowboys. Currently, it would appear that the franchise is headed in the right direction under the trifecta of Jason, Stephen and Jerry.

And the extremely vocal minority who live by this statement + Credo:

Jerry Jones is everything wrong with the Cowboys and we will never improve while he is GM.

-I vow to bring this up at least twice weekly
-I vow to interject this thought into most all threads, even if they are not pertaining to J Jones
-I vow to double, nay triple my efforts when something bad happens

Those are not the DCOA and DCRA. Its Cowboys fans and Jerry haters. Go back and read the threads buddy, people aren't complaining about the cowboys fans. They are complaining about the fact that Jerry haters can not stop beating a dead horse.

You're right. It is getting old. So stop doing it incessantly. There are times and place for you to spew your venom... but that time isnt always and that place isnt everywhere.

Weve already lost one MVP caliber poster because he couldnt learn this simple lesson. Lets not lose two.

Jibber jabber at its finest.

My thread merited attention as it has become a national story. It's Jerry's past interaction with coaches that have made this a national story. My entire point is that Jerry just doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes and it perpetuates perceptions that may or may not be the case with Jason Garrett.

Regardless, this is exactly the type of thing that the team does NOT need. These types of distractions have destroyed seasons in the past.

And FTR, I don't bring up Jerry that often and when I do there's a purpose. However, it should be noted here that since 1996, the cowboys have only won 1 playoff game. During that time frame, the cowboys have had 6 head coaches but only 1 GM.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
However, it should be noted here that since 1996, the cowboys have only won 1 playoff game. During that time frame, the cowboys have had 6 head coaches but only 1 GM.

Laughing Laughing

plan9misfit wrote:

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this thread - haha

Sig courtesy of mack.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
I'll just say this...there's a definitive split between Cowboy fans regarding Jerry Jones.

Is there? I am pretty sure upwards of 95% of individuals would want a different GM.

Unless you mean the concept that Jerry is responsible for the Apocalypse, extinct animals, high unemployment rates and the lack of good TV shows on the Disney Channel. In which case, then yes. Yes there is a split of opinion on him. Since several of us do not believe he is the harbinger of death and destruction.

It's OBVIOUS that TO 7 has some serious mental problems. He can't even comprehend the basics of why certain Cowboy fans have issues with Jerry Jones. He's too busy putting words in people's mouths (which was never said by the way) to have any real input to anything.

Quite sad really

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

It's OBVIOUS that TO 7 has some serious mental problems. He can't even comprehend the basics of why certain Cowboy fans have issues with Jerry Jones. He's too busy putting words in people's mouths (which was never said by the way) to have any real input to anything.

Quite sad really

You probably need to understand that TO7 was mentored by MH on this site back when TO7 was still young and impressionable. Once you comprehend that dynamic, the rest falls into place. #SummersEveAwardCandidates

Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quite sad really

You probably need to understand that TO7 was mentored by MH on this site back when TO7 was still young and impressionable. Once you comprehend that dynamic, the rest falls into place. #SummersEveAwardCandidates

Lolz That's hilarious.

I mean it's not that hard to understand, we just have different opinions about Jerry and the way he does things.

ware94 wrote:
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

And the vocal minority who live by this statement:

So I can't agree with both these statements? I think JG is helping to turn this franchise in the right direction, but I don't like when Jerry talks about who's going to stay in a certain role (even though they underperform), etc. I'm happy with the fact that he took blame as GM for the Cowboys past failures but I haven't see any change in his ways.

Matts4313 wrote:

Who did we lose?

ware94 wrote:
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:

And the vocal minority who live by this statement:

So I can't agree with both these statements? I think JG is helping to turn this franchise in the right direction, but I don't like when Jerry talks about who's going to stay in a certain role (even though they underperform), etc. I'm happy with the fact that he took blame as GM for the Cowboys past failures but I haven't see any change in his ways.

Matts4313 wrote:

Who did we lose?

His name was AJ Hawk. Got a permanent ban from the site. It was a sad day for everybody.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Quite sad really

LOL @ Revisionist history... TO mentored me - get it right bro

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: