Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Quarter Pole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Ravens Quarter Pole Reply with quote

So we've reached the quarter pole of the season and the Ravens are sitting at 3-1 in the first four games of the season. 2 divisional games and 2 games against very tough teams, so I'm happy to come out with the record that we did. Defense definitely doesn't look like it's quite where it should be, but its definitely a solid unit still. That being said, our offense looks like it might be the best its ever been since the Ravens moved here in 1996. With that said, I thought it would be interesting to project the numbers that our guys are on pace for. NOTE: these are simply pacing numbers calculated with simple math. When I did this last year, many people jumped on it without reading the OP to argue with my "projections." There will still be people who don't read the OP, but I wanted to make sure I was clear that these are not my expectations.

Flacco-
99/156, 63.5% comp, 1,269 yards, 7 TD, 3 INT, 6 rushing yards, 1 Rushing TD ====> 396/624, 63.5% comp, 5,076 yards, 28 TD, 12 INT, 24 rushing yards, 4 rushing TD

Rice-
64 carries, 317 yards, 5.0 ypc, 3 TD, 22 receptions, 174 yards, 0 rec TD ====> 256 carries, 1,268 yards, 5.0 ypc, 12 TD, 88 receptions, 696 yards, 0 rec TD

Pierce-
17 carries, 88 yards, 5.2 ypc, 0 TD, 1 receptions, 10 yards, 0 rec TD ====> 68 carries, 352 yards, 5.2 ypc, 0 TD, 4 receptions, 40 yards, 0 rec TD

Boldin-
19 receptions, 249 yards, 13.1 ypc, 1 TD ====> 76 receptions, 996 yards, 13.1 ypc, 4 TD

Smith-
16 receptions, 332 yards, 20.8 ypc, 3 TD ====> 64 receptions, 1,328 yards, 20.8 ypc, 12 TD

Jones-
9 receptions, 170 yards, 18.9 ypc, 1 TD ====> 36 receptions, 680 yards, 18.9 ypc, 4 TD

Pitta-
18 receptions, 188 yards, 10.4 ypc, 2 TD ====> 72 receptions, 752 yards, 10.4 ypc, 8 TD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You expect Flacco to throw for over 5000 yards?!?!

Just kidding, its interesting stats, I think most of the players can keep up these numbers for the most part. I seriously doubt Flacco throws for 5,000 yards (I know you aren't projecting it, just saying) but I guess in this NFL, anything can happen with QBs.

Ray Rice could really be an insane force in the running/receiving if Cam uses him right. (I know he is already a force but he is capable of more I think)
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these stats and the main reason that I doubt Flacco keeps up these numbers is simply because of the cold weather. We've also caught some breaks with things such as playing the Bengals without Dunlap and playing the Browns without Haden. Those things should naturally slow down the passing attack some as well. That and teams looking to contain Smith and Pitta more. It will make Boldin and Jones relied on more to beat their coverage and make plays... as well as Tandon Doss on the few packages we see him in.

But even with a slow down, Flacco threw for 232 yards against IMO the best coverage he'll see this season (though the Texans and the Cowboys both have some great secondaries as well, so they could be close) and one of the top pass rushing units he'll see this season. That's not amazing or anything, but if that's his floor for passing, I'm thinking he continues to average in that 280-290 yds range at the very least... and with what he currently has, we're talking about 4700 yds passing. More than enough to have a strong argument to being firmly in that top 10 QB listing. I actually think we see him get to 30 TDs this season though. I think that number will go up slightly.

The numbers for Rice look about right. Same with Boldin, he'll have games where he dominates the competition... and then games where he can't get any separation and is no where to be found on the field.

Pitta is now a marked man. Defenses have keyed in on him now... it'll be very difficult for him to keep up his play. He'll need to keep getting better to make sure defensive focus doesn't keep him from making an impact. The offense tends to move most comfortably when Pitta is making plays.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: