Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Patriots GDT: No Cundiff, No Evans, No Excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is likely to catch the most Tom Brady passes outside of Gronk?
Ed Reed
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Lardarius Webb
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Bernard "Best Friends With Brady" Pollard
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Jimmy Smith
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

subherbanite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win last night, wished it went the other way but oh well. I'm not going to say who did or didn't get screwed by the refs, just that both teams lost all sense of comfort trying to play within the "new" rules according to these clowns. Evil or Very Mad

Good luck going forward.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only been 3 games of course, but we currently have the 2nd ranked scoring offense (32.7 ppg) and are 4th in total yards on offense (419.3 ypg). Flacco is 2nd in the league in passing yards and is currently on pace to throw for 4,868 yards, 32 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions. Obviously, it's a small sample size and that pace is likely to trail off as the weather gets colder, but it's still pretty wild to be associating those numbers with a Ravens quarterback.

By contrast, our defense is ranked smack dab in the middle in scoring at 16th conceding 22.3 ppg, and are 27th in yards giving up 401.3 ypg.

Just our luck that the year our offense finally starts to put it together the defense starts to fall apart. I can only imagine how dangerous this team could be if Suggs was healthy.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Pats12Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game last night guys, it was definitely a nail biter. Bad officiating or not our offense and defense choked at the end while yours rose up to the occasion, so there for you were the better team last night. It is definitely time to get the refs back though, even the penalties on the ravens i was confused shaking my head LOL
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Just our luck that the year our offense finally starts to put it together the defense starts to fall apart. I can only imagine how dangerous this team could be if Suggs was healthy.

And, as much it pains me to say this, JJ was still around. It was one thing to lose Suggs, but to lose Suggs in culmination with loosing JJ has just completely destroyed our ability to stop runs to the outside. I thought Upshaw would at least be decent playing contain, but he's looked incredibly lost out there. I hope it's just a rookie learning curve and not a sign of a wasted pick, but yeah, the losses we suffered this off-season seem far worse in hindsight.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Redding and Zibby as well.

Redding was a solid player and no doubt a better run stuffer than McPhee and when McPhee spelled him in nickel situations, he was deadly.

Zibby was a decent backup safety, and like 10x better than Ihedigbo.

Losing Suggs, JJ, Redding and Zibby all hurt this defense. However, with the struggles we see from this defense they also just BEAT Tom Brady in the clutch when Brady had the chance to put us away. That has to count for something!

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely sickened by our pass rush, by Cary Williams' coverage/playing time/roster spot, and by our consistent blown coverages, but if the D can just keep improving and keep getting better, I think our D will be just good enough to get by until Sizzle comes back and puts it all together for us.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense definitely did not look great last night, particularly the pass rush and Cary Williams (on a side note, I'm sure Ozzie is lowering the contrac toffer as we speak). On the plus side, we have faced the Bengals, Eagles and Pats. Eagles haven't lokoed great on offense, but I still expect them to end up as a top 10 unit by the end of the year. Patriots and Bengals are looking like they will be good to great offenses. I'm looking to the TNF Browns game as a "get right" game for the D so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
@tonyto I'll check it out if it's on NFL Replay but nothing is standing out to me. It really just looked like you got outplayed on both sides of the ball and couldn't close out the game despite having several opportunities.

The offense and defense choked at the end. However for the defense, they were completely gassed because of so many elongated drives that should have been 3 and outs so I can't fault them that much, personally. The offense had no excuse and it was the most moronic playcalling I've ever seen.

That being said the Patriots very clearly looked like the better team. The Ravens just got a bunch of free points from horrible calls.

I mean look at this. You're supposed to get ejected for this behavior, let alone get it ignored. I mean I suppose if a ref was near by he would probably call it... Oh wait! THERE IS ONE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-13jsns.gif

The Ravens defense was allowed to get away with murder and the Patriots defense were forced to play flag football.

It was also funny how Ray Lewis decided it would be more effective just jumping on top of Gronk instead of trying to cover him. He did that all game to Gronk and Woodhead in what should have been massive matchup advantages in favor of the Patriots got null and voided because the refs wouldn't call Ray jumping on top of them and dragging them to the ground.

Everything you just described the Ravens doing is exactly what happened to us against Philly last week. We realized how the refs are calling the games, and since we lost due to it one week, we went back and practiced doing the same/beating it on offense, and it helped us win.

Don't hate the player, hate the game bro.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings Nation says hi.

Anyway I came to congradulate you guys on beating New England last night. I despise New England and also love your organizations attitude and persona. You guys showed a lot of heart of last night. The whole team made plays when they needed them. It really felt like they were playing for Torrey at the end of that game. Congrats again good luck the rest of the way.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Vikings Nation says hi.

Anyway I came to congradulate you guys on beating New England last night. I despise New England and also love your organizations attitude and persona. You guys showed a lot of heart of last night. The whole team made plays when they needed them. It really felt like they were playing for Torrey at the end of that game. Congrats again good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks for the love. You guys have to be pretty excited with this start for the Vikes. Always liked them as I have a bunch of family from the Midwest/Minnesota in particular.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Vikings Nation says hi.

Hey thanks man, and congratulations on your win yesterday as well. I was watching the Niners/Vikings game on Red Zone and was rooting for you guys the whole time.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

And, as much it pains me to say this, JJ was still around. It was one thing to lose Suggs, but to lose Suggs in culmination with loosing JJ has just completely destroyed our ability to stop runs to the outside. I thought Upshaw would at least be decent playing contain, but he's looked incredibly lost out there. I hope it's just a rookie learning curve and not a sign of a wasted pick, but yeah, the losses we suffered this off-season seem far worse in hindsight.
You've been that unimpressed with him? I think Upshaw has had his ups and downs, but I saw him setting the edge pretty affectively last night, better than any of our other LB's for sure, and am generally encouraged. To me, it's the fact that Suggs is out and Kruger is ineffective that is putting more pressure and expectation on Upshaw than is probably fair.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

You've been that unimpressed with him? I think Upshaw has had his ups and downs, but I saw him setting the edge pretty affectively last night, better than any of our other LB's for sure, and am generally encouraged. To me, it's the fact that Suggs is out and Kruger is ineffective that is putting more pressure and expectation on Upshaw than is probably fair.

I agree entirely. Just finished rewatching the entire game on NFLRewind and Upshaw plain and simple looks like our best LB not named Ray Lewis. The guy always seems to get great pressure off of stunt blitzes inside, he does a very solid job of setting the edge... but his best trait is opposite side pursuit. If Suggs played.. or even JJ, I think we'd really see this particular quality shine much more. Upshaw was simply phenomenal at getting to the ball traveling opposite to him while still playing with great technique (staying parallel to the LOS) and great patience (ex. that big time TFL against Edelman on the reverse). With an elite edge setter like Suggs/JJ, Upshaw's backend pursuit would really be allowed to standout and he'd have less field to travel to make plays.

If I'm "down" on any LBer... I'm down on Kruger. He simply does not possess the quality you look for when setting the edge. I think it was Chris Collinsworth who said something along the lines of "the elite edge setters don't just keep outside contain, but also 'squeeze' the blocker back inside" and that makes a big difference. Kruger simply gets pushed around too often, he'll keep the outside contain, but he'll still give huge lanes for the runner to get to and hit an outside crease later on. At his best he just holds his ground... but he's never squeezing a block back inside- he simply doesn't look to have that kind of girth.

I think it's obvious to me that in run situations, I'm inserting McClellan onto the field as our edge setter and then putting Kruger out there in pass rushing situations. I'd revert his role mostly back to what we saw from last season. Allow him to stay fresh and track down QBs. Obviously he'd get more time simply because he'd also give Upshaw about a 25% rest type of breather.

I'm a big fan of Upshaw's, I'd honestly like to know what plays you thought he struggled on to be so down on him to the point of thinking he might be a "wasted pick". Not saying he hasn't had some plays where he's struggled, but usually I can see that right before those plays he looks a little gassed... plus he's a rookie. But if I'm most disappointed with anything with him, it's his endurance. He's not a Suggs/JJ kind of player that can play 100% of the snaps, he's more like Ngata... he needs a breather probably at least once a drive. And tends to wear down a little at the end of games... though this game he looked better in that aspect, then the previous two IMO.

But yeah, just generally curious as to what specifically you've seen. Was it in all the games? This game in particular?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If the Pats hold Flacco under 200 yards passing, everyone here has to wear this avatar

until the next time these teams face one another.

If the Ravens pick off Brady 3+ times, everyone on the Pats forum will wear one of your choosing.

Deal?

What if they both happen...
Tie goes to winner.

So, are we going to let this slide? He needs a new avatar, imo.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If the Pats hold Flacco under 200 yards passing, everyone here has to wear this avatar

If the Ravens pick off Brady 3+ times, everyone on the Pats forum will wear one of your choosing.

Deal?

Tie goes to winner.

We didn't intercept Brady three times so technically no one gets a new avatar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Deal?

Tie goes to winner.

We didn't intercept Brady three times so technically no one gets a new avatar.

Neither thing happened, and a tie went to the winner...I think that counts.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: