Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Patriots GDT: No Cundiff, No Evans, No Excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is likely to catch the most Tom Brady passes outside of Gronk?
Ed Reed
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Lardarius Webb
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Bernard "Best Friends With Brady" Pollard
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Jimmy Smith
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

DougE14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Tucker 70 yarder for the win? I would feel like I was in heaven.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougE14 wrote:
Justin Tucker 70 yarder for the win? I would feel like I was in heaven.

That's because that would actually be heaven.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to feel confident about this game. Michael Vick went up and down the field against this D. Ravens usually do well against Brady though so I'm not predicting a huge game from him. Flacco should have a good game and Tucker is ten times better than Cundiff.

Lastly the Ravens hardly lose at home.

I know it's out of character, but the Orioles have me feeling great .

Ravens 31 - 27

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Pats hold Flacco under 200 yards passing, everyone here has to wear this avatar

until the next time these teams face one another.

If the Ravens pick off Brady 3+ times, everyone on the Pats forum will wear one of your choosing.

Deal?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If the Pats hold Flacco under 200 yards passing, everyone here has to wear this avatar

If the Ravens pick off Brady 3+ times, everyone on the Pats forum will wear one of your choosing.

Deal?

What if they both happen...

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Deal?

Tie goes to winner.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Deal?

Tie goes to winner.

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I'm in. I'll throw this out there as an idea fo th avatar you/whoever else will wear...It's not the official selection, in case someone else wants in and has a better one.

Resize it yourself Cool (I would, but I post from my phone and it's major hassle).

P.S....I actually like that Flacco avatar.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Deal?

Tie goes to winner.

I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I'm in. I'll throw this out there as an idea fo th avatar you/whoever else will wear...It's not the official selection, in case someone else wants in and has a better one.

I made this a couple years ago when the Nike Jersey talk was still on the horizon and the Suggs-Brady "beef" was big. This was the period when roughing the passer calls were being enforced to a stronger degree with Superstar QBs- like Brady, than in comparison with the rest of the league QBs... leading to many saying they might as well wear skirts. Hence this horrible 15 minute photoshop job:

I think I'll join this avatar/sig bet... only I'd change this to stand for the season. Because while it's possible both teams to play each other in the playoffs, all the variables in making that happen would be an impediment... and then what if the schedule makers for some reason deem us unfit to see each other in 2013? We could be talking about years of wearing the same avatar. And it's not even like the terms are really fair to begin with. Brady probably has substantially less 3int games in comparison to Flacco having under 200 yd games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and in terms of this game.

I'm nervous about the fact that the Eagles were able to march down the field on us and we have Tom Brady, but on the other hand, we tend to matchup better with the Patriots offense than we do with the Eagles offense. The Eagles offense was mostly predicated on speedy explosive WRs that stretch you deep, in turn we gave up a big cushion on many of their receivers to not get beat deep and thus left a lot of room underneath to work with that was exploited by Vick and Brent Celek for a large part of that game.

The Patriots however don't really have any deep threat receiver options. They're quicker with Adelman and Welker running routes, but Webb should be able to successfully blanket one of those guys. It'll be tough for Cary or Jimmy to cover the other guy, but in 2 WR sets only one should be on the field and with Brandon Loyd being the other WR both Jim Cary match up pretty well with his particular skill-set.

So just going from that perspective we simply tend to matchup better. The game will be played much closer to the LOS and that's usually where our defense has done its best work in the past.

Personally I expect Jimmy Smith to have a "breakout" game in this one. I think Brady targets him as the guy to "expose" and because of it, we see Jimmy end up picking Brady off twice on deep passes to Brandon Lloyd.

In terms of offensively we matchup better as well. The Eagles had one of the deepest and best DLs in all of football and they had very good coverage LBs that they could deploy in covering our TEs... whereas NE doesn't possess that same degree of athleticism and pass covering ability as the Eagles (not many teams do).

Flacco has always seemed to at least be able to move the ball on the Patriots defense in the passing game outside of his playoff performance in the game where Rice went off... so that's a positive. The Patriots aren't known for having the strongest defensive backfield in football and are still a work in progress over last year's group- which is another plus. So those things coupled with this game being at home and the no-huddle offense therefore being more viable (quieter so as to hear signals)... makes this an opportunity for Flacco to continue to put his best QB foot forward.

The Patriots obviously make me nervous because they're the team I hate losing to the most... slightly edging out the Steelers... but in this particular game, I honestly think we have the talent to make a statement. I don't think a win by 3 scores (17 pts) is out of the question, but more likely I think with Brady at QB and Peas at DC, we'll likely see a 10-13 point difference. A touchdown and possibly a pair of field goals being the edger.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short interaction between Tom Brady and Ray Lewis from the playoffs game last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvGxPstkic
Tom Brady Tribute
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
A short interaction between Tom Brady and Ray Lewis from the playoffs game last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvGxPstkic

Laughing Tom Brady makes me laugh. That's hilarious.
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a somber note pre-game
Quote:

Torrey Smith @TorreySmithWR I can't believe my little brother is gone...be thankful for your loved ones and tell them you love them...this is the hardest thing ever

Never easy to lose a loved one and thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Condolences to Torrey...sounds like it happened at 2 AM due to a drunk driver.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will come down to which front seven plays better. Both O-Lines have looked shaky, I'd give the edge to the Patriots defensive front, watch out for Chandler Jones.

Best of luck either way, hoping for no injuries (except maybe Bernard Pollard)

Deadpulse on the sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a terrible thing to happen to anybody. My thoughts go out to Torrey and his family.

The outcome of this game depends on the Ravens defense in my opinion. If we see the soft zone look that they used last week I wouldn't expect a win, but if they put more of an emphasis on getting to the QB then it will be a fun one to watch. I'm not particularly worried about any one Patriots offensive skill-player aside from Gronkowski but their unique scheme makes it hard to get a feel for what they can do against the Ravens defense. Let's just hope that Webb shadows Welker all game and Williams/Smith don't let Lloyd get started.

At this point I'm not sure what to expect from the Ravens offense - especially with the recent news of Torrey's brother passing away last night. I think the game-plan Cameron calls is one of the most important factors of the offense and we all know that relying on a good one from him is a bad bet. A lot depends on the offensive line too but they're about as unpredictable as the pass-rush. The Patriots defense looks like it has improved too but I'm not familiar enough with it now to comment on it.

As always I think the Ravens win in a close one, say 24-21, but I don't have a ton of confidence in that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: