Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5111
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I didn't expect us to give up as many 20+ yard plays as we did. You aren't going to win many Football games when you lose interior battle on the DL on both sides of the ball like we did. Teams are really starting to challenge Manny Ramirez now, and he is failing massively. He certainly wasn't the only one, but we need Kuper back and quick.

I thought the Texans would test our DE's ability to contain which they did, and again we showed we just can't handle those zone stretches. Time after time we lost contain, and no play showed this more than that reverse where Von just collapsed straight down the line with no feel for the play at all.

I didn't think the scoreline was a fair reflection of the game; I actually thought the Texans thoroughly outplayed us. Next week is another game against a zone blocking team who are coming off a decent offensive performance (from a statistical perspective). We gave up a lot of big plays against Play Action yesterday, and with the speed the Raiders have at WR, they probably have more big plays off PA than the Texans do.

We are going to have to up it somehow.


We certainly watched the same game. I thought we had our tails handed to us. The Texans really took a somewhat close game and put it away with a dominant 3rd quarter.

I'm envious you get to look at it later in the 22 format. Sure would like to hear a bit more about the line mismatches. It seemed like we were needing 6/7 just to block 4. We really need to win more one on ones at the los.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7238
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
One question: I think there was a play in the 3rd quarter, where Eric Decker made a nice catch in front of Kareem Jackson, bolted inside towards the middle of the field, look like he had more room...and then he baseball slid and downed himself. What was that all about?


He evidently didn't want to jeopardise losing this as his Fiance:-



Confused


I will take her off his hands.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mays could have decapitated Matt Schaub. I just wish his play was as good as his big hits.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5521
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Matt Schaub got hit so hard by Joe Mays he lost a piece of his ear! Holy Cow! By the way i thought that was a good old fashion football hit. Joe hit him literally milliseconds after he released the ball. But it today's NFL i can see why they threw the flag because he did hit him to high. I have HUGE respect for Matt coming back into the game 1 play later. That takes guts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-lost-a-piece-of-his-ear/

Quote:
Schaub missed just one play, though, and said after the game that he was fine. With one little exception.

“I felt fine,” Schaub said, via the Houston Chronicle. “Lost a piece of my ear.”


What's crazy about that play, is that that was nowhere near as hard as Joe Mays could have hit him. He let up at the end. Had he followed through with that tackle all the way to the ground, there's no way Schaub would have come back into that game. Mays is a scary man. I just wish he was a better linebacker.


Despite what my more politically correct colleague ET said, I think this game should officially and forever sever this congenial "sibling" relationship between the Texans and Broncos. You got your butts kicked up and down the field in the first half and clearly received a message in the locker room that said that the gloves were to come off in the 2nd half. It started with a dangerous hit on a 5' 5" punt returner that ought to draw an automatic ejection as amongst the most dangerous plays in football. Then two straight hits to the head on our QB two plays later including the Mays hit which better draw a suspension if the league ever hopes to have any credibility on player safety. It was absolutely laughable (and typical) that those two hits were included in the "montage" with the clean hit on Manning where he hit his head on the turf. Manning gets his halo, while Schaub's career has been tainted by multiple cheap shots from Jared Allen and Albert Haynesworth. While a bloodied Schaub getting up from that headhunting shot a play later will serve as a nice tone setter for this season, and should forever shut up ill informed skeptics who question his toughness, Fox & Del Rio crying about referees one week then unleashing a barrage of cheap shots the next week followed by Erik Decker wearing a dress marks the Broncos as the closest thing to the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs with the Hansen brothers on defense and Braden figure skating in his jock on offense. I'm not sure if I speak for Texans fans in general, but if I'm Kubiak, I'm punching Elway's horse toothed grin for leading a franchise that employs a guy like Jack Del Rio who would stoop to blatantly trying to injure our QB to get back into a game. Shameful effort. I'm personally disgusted that the Texans didn't launch into a 10 minute melee after the Mays hit, but I'm hoping that Bowlen and Elway have placed calls to McNair and Kubiak this morning embarassed about their teams behavior yesterday.

I know it's pointless to expect fans to be able to view a game through the lens of sportsmanship and not see the 3 personal fouls in 4 plays as anything but cool "old-time football", but I'm hoping someone out there understands that the entire league will be watching tape of what a Jack Del Rio led defense is capable of and will NOT be as respectful of the organization as the Texans were and that investment in Manning might not last very long. Here's hoping that the Broncos step back and look at the honors Elway and Rod Smith got before the game yesterday and how you can win with honor instead of the dishonorable display put forth yesterday. Stay classy Denver (or was that Oakland?)!
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6655
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say 'stay classy Denver' coming in here with a ridiculous diatribe...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many assumptions you just made with no backing for. Congrats that your team is better than ours, it doesn't give you the right to just come out insulting. But yeah dude stay up their on your pedestal.

A hard, legal hit on a QB. The Broncos are officially bounty hunters and a disgrace to the league. You got the flag when it wasn't late. Sorry that he got hurt and was in fetal position letting everyone know he got whacked.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't throw the flag until like 5 minutes after Joe Mays hit him. Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.

And the punt return was bull$#!t because the returner didn't even call for a fair catch.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joe_is_the_best


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 6655
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
They didn't throw the flag until like 5 minutes after Joe Mays hit him. Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.

And the punt return was bull$#!t because the returner didn't even call for a fair catch.
To be fair, even if he doesn't call a fair catch, you still have to let him catch it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
They didn't throw the flag until like 5 minutes after Joe Mays hit him. Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.

And the punt return was bull$#!t because the returner didn't even call for a fair catch.
To be fair, even if he doesn't call a fair catch, you still have to let him catch it.


Yeah Bolden really screwed that up. He could have waited to light him up and force a fumble. No idea what he was thinking. Oh wait he was on a bounty and Del Rio should be suspended. Nevermind guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
A hard, legal hit on a QB. The Broncos are officially bounty hunters and a disgrace to the league. You got the flag when it wasn't late. Sorry that he got hurt and was in fetal position letting everyone know he got whacked.


I'm sorry, but in what world was that a legal hit?




In both angles of this image, you see Joe Hays not even attempt to bend at the waist and go for Matt Schaub's body; His head and crown go low, his hands go UP and the top of his helmet connects with Matt Schaub's helmet. This is a textbook example of going for the head...and mission accomplished, you got it.

Quote:
Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.


Yeah, dude took a cheap, blatant shot to the head, had to have a portion of his ear removed because of it, and only missed a single play. I don't know what kind of "little girls" you hang out with to come to this sort of conclusion, but something tells me they're big scary looking little girls.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Russell2Bailey


Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 12905
Location: Where I will, I'll roam.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
A hard, legal hit on a QB. The Broncos are officially bounty hunters and a disgrace to the league. You got the flag when it wasn't late. Sorry that he got hurt and was in fetal position letting everyone know he got whacked.


I'm sorry, but in what world was that a legal hit?




In both angles of this image, you see Joe Hays not even attempt to bend at the waist and go for Matt Schaub's body; His head and crown go low, his hands go UP and the top of his helmet connects with Matt Schaub's helmet. This is a textbook example of going for the head...and mission accomplished, you got it.

Quote:
Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.


Yeah, dude took a cheap, blatant shot to the head, had to have a portion of his ear removed because of it, and only missed a single play. I don't know what kind of "little girls" you hang out with to come to this sort of conclusion, but something tells me they're big scary looking little girls.


The guy took one to the head. I'm sorry but in the regular NFL that wouldn't have meant anything. I for one, think all these rules protecting players are BS. Ronnie Lott cut off a finger. Getting your bell rung for a play isn't a big deal for me.
_________________
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
A hard, legal hit on a QB. The Broncos are officially bounty hunters and a disgrace to the league. You got the flag when it wasn't late. Sorry that he got hurt and was in fetal position letting everyone know he got whacked.


I'm sorry, but in what world was that a legal hit?




In both angles of this image, you see Joe Hays not even attempt to bend at the waist and go for Matt Schaub's body; His head and crown go low, his hands go UP and the top of his helmet connects with Matt Schaub's helmet. This is a textbook example of going for the head...and mission accomplished, you got it.

Quote:
Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.


Yeah, dude took a cheap, blatant shot to the head, had to have a portion of his ear removed because of it, and only missed a single play. I don't know what kind of "little girls" you hang out with to come to this sort of conclusion, but something tells me they're big scary looking little girls.


Mays head was down before the ball was released. He was going for a big hit and a forced fumble. He was trying to get a hit on Schaub as fast as possible knowing the ball was coming out soon. And the hit is as much on the body as it is on the facemask. I'm watching the same thing you are.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21106
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that rant was certainly entertaining.

It was a bad hit by Joe; he needed to go lower. But the talk of Del Rio telling our guys to take the QB out of the game is just utter tripe. Von dumped Schaub into the ground which is a penalty and it was called. It wasn't dangerous, just like the hit to Manning's head (yes, there was contact) wasn't dangerous.

Omar Bolden mistimed his arrival at the Punter - big deal. It wasn't any more dangerous than a standard mistimed tackle in the NFL, and who gives a [inappropriate/removed] if the guy is 5ft 5??? How is that relevant??? If you don't want the midget taking hits, get him off the field (although his awful performance should probably warrant that anyway). But I forgot, the Texans are the most honourable team, and would never cheap shot anyone, would they? Oh wait, your LT cheap shotted Clint Session last year by PUNCHING him whilst he was defenceless on the floor. Did McNair ring the Jags Owner to apologise? Give me a break.

I also wouldn't back Gary Kubiak against John Elway.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
1234567 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
Matt Schaub got hit so hard by Joe Mays he lost a piece of his ear! Holy Cow! By the way i thought that was a good old fashion football hit. Joe hit him literally milliseconds after he released the ball. But it today's NFL i can see why they threw the flag because he did hit him to high. I have HUGE respect for Matt coming back into the game 1 play later. That takes guts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-lost-a-piece-of-his-ear/

Quote:
Schaub missed just one play, though, and said after the game that he was fine. With one little exception.

“I felt fine,” Schaub said, via the Houston Chronicle. “Lost a piece of my ear.”


What's crazy about that play, is that that was nowhere near as hard as Joe Mays could have hit him. He let up at the end. Had he followed through with that tackle all the way to the ground, there's no way Schaub would have come back into that game. Mays is a scary man. I just wish he was a better linebacker.


Despite what my more politically correct colleague ET said, I think this game should officially and forever sever this congenial "sibling" relationship between the Texans and Broncos. You got your butts kicked up and down the field in the first half and clearly received a message in the locker room that said that the gloves were to come off in the 2nd half. It started with a dangerous hit on a 5' 5" punt returner that ought to draw an automatic ejection as amongst the most dangerous plays in football. Then two straight hits to the head on our QB two plays later including the Mays hit which better draw a suspension if the league ever hopes to have any credibility on player safety. It was absolutely laughable (and typical) that those two hits were included in the "montage" with the clean hit on Manning where he hit his head on the turf. Manning gets his halo, while Schaub's career has been tainted by multiple cheap shots from Jared Allen and Albert Haynesworth. While a bloodied Schaub getting up from that headhunting shot a play later will serve as a nice tone setter for this season, and should forever shut up ill informed skeptics who question his toughness, Fox & Del Rio crying about referees one week then unleashing a barrage of cheap shots the next week followed by Erik Decker wearing a dress marks the Broncos as the closest thing to the football version of the Charlestown Chiefs with the Hansen brothers on defense and Braden figure skating in his jock on offense. I'm not sure if I speak for Texans fans in general, but if I'm Kubiak, I'm punching Elway's horse toothed grin for leading a franchise that employs a guy like Jack Del Rio who would stoop to blatantly trying to injure our QB to get back into a game. Shameful effort. I'm personally disgusted that the Texans didn't launch into a 10 minute melee after the Mays hit, but I'm hoping that Bowlen and Elway have placed calls to McNair and Kubiak this morning embarassed about their teams behavior yesterday.

I know it's pointless to expect fans to be able to view a game through the lens of sportsmanship and not see the 3 personal fouls in 4 plays as anything but cool "old-time football", but I'm hoping someone out there understands that the entire league will be watching tape of what a Jack Del Rio led defense is capable of and will NOT be as respectful of the organization as the Texans were and that investment in Manning might not last very long. Here's hoping that the Broncos step back and look at the honors Elway and Rod Smith got before the game yesterday and how you can win with honor instead of the dishonorable display put forth yesterday. Stay classy Denver (or was that Oakland?)!


are you referring to the hit nate irving suffered a concussion on? yea a man that laid motionless for a couple minutes deserves to be ejected...

did you not see cushing hit manning in the head? Brian "Mr Roids" Cushing. I have no respect for that scrub. I look at mays delivering a nice clean blow to schaub as retaliation. deal with it.

Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa your players got hit, go play the jags some more.

No you dont speak for all the texans fans, you speak for yourself.

Complain about "cheap shots" then say the texans should have began a 10 minute brawl. stay classy....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
They didn't throw the flag until like 5 minutes after Joe Mays hit him. Schaub was in the process of throwing the ball and they eventually threw the flag because Schaub was a little girl about it.

And the punt return was bull$#!t because the returner didn't even call for a fair catch.


the texans were also crying on the sidelines. WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group