Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^That's Mark Sanchez's backup he's talking about. Laughing

Wow, thanx! I was afraid I'd missed something. Wink
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
^It's usually Brooks Reed on the offensive right side with Barwin on the opposite side.

What sort of "sub packages" do they run? Also, don't know much about Reed. is he a speed guy?

Do they run many stunts? Seems like they could attack Beadles pretty well with barwin on that edge.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
^It's usually Brooks Reed on the offensive right side with Barwin on the opposite side.

What sort of "sub packages" do they run? Also, don't know much about Reed. is he a speed guy?

Do they run many stunts? Seems like they could attack Beadles pretty well with barwin on that edge.
Reed doesn't have that much speed, he's more of an all out effort kind of player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

Reed doesn't have that much speed, he's more of an all out effort kind of player.

Actually, he's really fast but yeah he's a hustle player. Ridiculously strong though.
Twizlers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be a good game, but I see us ultimately falling short at home. It's a tough schedule guys, if we come out of this first half schedule .500, I'll be happy.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

Actually, he's really fast but yeah he's a hustle player. Ridiculously strong though.
He's far from Von Miller fast but it's not like he's slow or anything like that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos lose 30-17. Manning has another tough day against a stellar defense. Not saying by any means that's how he'll be all season, but it's clear he is still adjusting to a whole new cast around him. Will take some time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully home field advantage helps the Broncos in this one. If this were in Houston this game would be a completely different story. The Steelers, like the Texans have a good defense and we saw what Manning did to them. I also don't think Manning slumps. However, Houston is pretty good, I think this game will be a tie 21 to 21.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

The Texans primary sub-package is to play with 6 defensive backs, wherein they have their 4 pass rushers(Barwin, Smith, Reed, Watt) with Cushing as the only Linebacker. In these sets they bring in a nickel corner and an extra Safety. Glover Quin, the starter at Safety sort of moves all over the field in these packages based on what the offense does, usually though he's either lined up next to Cushing almost like a pseudo Linebacker or he's man covering a split receiver like a cornerback. It's worth noting though that either Safety Glover Quin or Daniel Manning can play all over the field, it's one of the best aspects of the Texans defense.

Every once in a while you'll see something else in regular down and distance situations. Sometimes if opposing teams have one receiver on the field the Texans will sub a corner for an extra Linebacker(Tim Dobbins, a good run defender), and sometimes they'll do crazier things with their defensive backs(though they don't have the depth last year's team had with Troy Nolan gone).

I don't know what Reed's 40 time is, but in football terms, yes, he's fast around the edge. The Texans are also very aggressive with him and Barwin both, when it's third down they're rushing right at the start of the play, nothing fancy but hard to stop.

They still sometimes run stunts, I haven't seen a lot of stuff with Watt so far this year but he's very athletic and so they can do D-Line stunts with him(which we may see). Occasionally Antonio Smith will also be involved in a stunt as a change-up if offenses are keying in on his bull rush. I wouldn't say they run a lot of front 7 stunts though, most of the time they're a more straightforward come right at you defense. As far as blitzing defensive backs and things like that, I don't think they do it a lot like Pittsburgh and teams like that.

That straightforwardness may still give Beadles problems though. Antonio Smith is an explosive bull rusher, that's about 95% of his game and I'm not sure how well Beadles can handle him one on one.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best news all year, Knowshown is inactive!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Hillman active then?

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Hillman active then?
Yes he is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge hole first play

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking all these close games. Still hasn't switched to the Broncos game coverage here in Chicago.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis has entered the building!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: