Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4445
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Good luck this Sunday guys. It should be an excited game. I can't wait! Here's to no injuries. BTW, How has Joel Dreeseen played for you guys? I didn't see alot of the Steelers game and I didn't see alot of the Falcons game.


Joel Dreessen has been about what most probably expected. He's been a solid, not great blocker(did a good job against Atlanta) and a pretty good receiver but it's clear Manning and the coaches prefer Tamme in the passing game, so Dreessen is blocking more often and being targeted less often.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14671
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Good luck this Sunday guys. It should be an excited game. I can't wait! Here's to no injuries. BTW, How has Joel Dreeseen played for you guys? I didn't see alot of the Steelers game and I didn't see alot of the Falcons game.


Joel Dreessen has been about what most probably expected. He's been a solid, not great blocker(did a good job against Atlanta) and a pretty good receiver but it's clear Manning and the coaches prefer Tamme in the passing game, so Dreessen is blocking more often and being targeted less often.
And Tamme basically disappeared last game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AussieBronco66


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 437
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These teams are two totally different teams to the last time they played. Denver was a team reeling from one of its worst seasons ever and was entrusting a young, untried and unheard of QB by the name of Tim something. Houston was just a team with exceptional offense and no pass defence.

Now Denver is embarking on a historic season that could see a SB, as is Houston. We could be watching the AFC Championship match in Week 3.

I think Houston will get us this week due to the simple fact that they will be more gelled then us. Last week showed there's work to do, but it didnt help that the offense was not in a friendly environment for Manning's audibles.

Houston just dominate in all facets of the game whether its on offense or defence. Schaub has some wonderful pass options in Johnson, Walter and Daniels with Foster and Tate coming out of the backfield. Then there's Foster and Tate running the ball. Then on D they have Watt, Cushing, Reed and Barwin with Manning, Joseph, Quin Jr and Jackson in the secondary they're just one of the more complete teams in the NFL.

For Denver, the key will be no mistake football. That means no turnonvers (Looking at you Knowshon, Peyton) and that means no missing coverages or falling off tackles. Everybody has to play switched on for 60 minutes.

For once I think that Joe Mays will actually suit this game as Arian Foster isnt a gameplan runner, he just does what he wants and I wouldn't be surprised if he blows him up a few times behind the line. Champ will face his third big test in a row with Andre Johnson but he should handle him, up to Porter to shut down Walter

Houston 31
Denver 30
_________________


mess with him at your peril
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14671
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DreDay80


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1823
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 14671
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Your right. Tend to forget that awful year Laughing

The only thing I remember about that game was 2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rosstafarian


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 660
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Your right. Tend to forget that awful year Laughing

The only thing I remember about that game was 2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen.


I thought that game was where the myth of Tebow got his start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bailey24broncos


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 1008
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think we win this game. I guarantee Manning is extremely focused on this game game and he will use this opportunity against a top defense to come out and prove all the doubters after last Monday's 1st quarter meltdown wrong. We really just have to eliminate the turnovers and keep our defense fresh, by giving the Texans defense a steady diet of Willis McGahee.

As far as the Texans offense goes I think our defense matches up pretty well. Von will be in Schuab's face and while Schuab is a good and underrated QB, he will not be able to handle it like Matt Ryan did last week. I feel like our secondary can contain their receivers fairly well. But Owen Daniels will be a mismatch against our linebackers if they are forced to try and cover him. Our run defense has been very good after the first 2 games and we are only allowing 2.5 yds per carry and while I dont think we will shut down Foster and Tate we will be able to contain them and stop them from running wild on us.

It's definitely going to be a tough game and it could go either way, but for some reason the optimistic Bronco fan in me thinks we come out with a 20-24 win, or 21-24, who knows?...
_________________

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosstafarian wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Your right. Tend to forget that awful year Laughing

The only thing I remember about that game was 2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen.


I thought that game was where the myth of Tebow got his start.


Yeah but know one cares to remember for the fear of being wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5018
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
Rosstafarian wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Your right. Tend to forget that awful year Laughing

The only thing I remember about that game was 2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen.


I thought that game was where the myth of Tebow got his start.


Yeah but know one cares to remember for the fear of being wrong.


Wrong about what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21730
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look for Houston to take a page out of Nolan's book. Make Manning beat them deep and take away his underneath stuff.

Manning is struggling with the deeper throws, but is a surgeon on the short efficient throws.

Big question here is, who is blocking JJ Watt? I don't see anyone capable of matching up with him and the guy is on FIRE right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5018
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I look for Houston to take a page out of Nolan's book. Make Manning beat them deep and take away his underneath stuff.

Manning is struggling with the deeper throws, but is a surgeon on the short efficient throws.

Big question here is, who is blocking JJ Watt? I don't see anyone capable of matching up with him and the guy is on FIRE right now.


Kinda scary huh?

That right side of their D (Barwin, Watt and Cushing) stacked up against Franklin and Ramirez w/ whatever TE we decide to keep in. That looks like a huge mismatch to me. Big advantage Texans.

McCoy needs to get real creative this week to keep them off balance and PM needs to be at his best. I agree they'll probably follow the Nolan template from last week. Until PM makes teams pay for it with some deep strikes it'll probably be a weekly thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4445
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^It's usually Brooks Reed on the offensive right side with Barwin on the opposite side.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackAtBroncos07


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 3223
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
Rosstafarian wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
The majority of Texans have not ever played a game in Denver apart from a 2006 preseason game . It's not going to make a huge difference but home field advantage certainly plays in our favor.


Wasn't the 2010 regular season game against you guys in Denver?
Your right. Tend to forget that awful year Laughing

The only thing I remember about that game was 2 of the worst defenses I've ever seen.


I thought that game was where the myth of Tebow got his start.


Yeah but know one cares to remember for the fear of being wrong.


Wrong about what?


Wrong about him not being a starting caliber QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4445
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^That's Mark Sanchez's backup he's talking about. Laughing
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group