Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to come clean
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Anyone who is saying the wanted anyone other than Aaron Curry is telling a bold face lie.

Seemed like at least 85% of the board wanted Curry.

I can only think of the board as a whole being more all in on only 2 other players(Joe Thomas and Trent Richardson). Actually I named a 3rd alreayd, however, we all quickly realized he was not a realistic shot once we won 4 straight and that was Ndamukong Suh.

Jamison on the sig
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started following the draft pretty heavily in 2005, and here are some of the notable picks I would have made at the time:

2005: Aaron Rogers - QB CAL; Michael Roos - OT E. WAS; and Justin Tuck - DE Notre Dame = This would have been my best draft as far as prognostication goes. If we would have drafted this way, we would have been well on our way to having filled 3 of the most important positions.

2006: Haloti Ngata - DT Oregon; D'Qwell Jackson - ILB Maryland; Max Jean-Gilles - OG Georgia = This would have been a solid draft too, and would have given us a very solid defensive foundation.

2007: Joe Thomas - OT Wisconsin; Brady Quinn - QB Notre Dame (this would only be accurate if we didn't take Rogers; I wanted Quinn at the time, but it wouldn't be a need if we drafted how I wanted to and thus instead I would have taken Dwayne Bowe here); Ryan Khalil - C USC = this would have been another solid draft and would have given us two perrenial pro-bowlers to our already decent offensive line foundation.

2008: This year we wouldn't have had to make the trades for Shaun Rogers/Corey Williams so we would still have some early picks, but assuming we still traded for those guys, I would have went: Red Bryant - DT Texas A&M; Orlando Scandrick - CB Boise St.; Ahtyba Rubin - DT Iowa St. This is a strange draft b/c these are guys I would have taken given our state at the time, and it would have turned out pretty well all in all. Can you imagine the d-line rotations and pairings we could come up with having Haloti Ngata, Justin Tuck, Shaun Rogers, Corey Williams, Red Bryant, and Ahtyba Rubin? That would be insane.

2009: I would have done the trade down, and would have drafted: Clay Matthews III - OLB USC; Rey Maualuga - ILB USC; Everette Brown - DE Florida St.; and Sean Smith - CB Utah. This would have been a solid draft and given us some key pieces for a dominant 3-4/4-3 combo defense.

2010: I would have drafted: Earl Thomas - FS Texas; Jimmy Clausen - QB Notre Dame (obviously this wouldn't have been my pick had we had Rogers, but this is who I wanted at the time, and wouldn't have been a bad option as a backup to Rogers); Mike Williams - WR Syracuse; and Alterraun Verner - CB UCLA. This would have been a solid draft for us as well and would have largely completed what would be a pretty awesome defense.

2011: This is where it begins to be hard to predict what my picks would have been if we had the player I would have taken above. However, I would have likely not traded back up after the first trade down then took Mohammed Wilkerson - DE/DT CAL; Brooks Reed - DE/OLB Arizona; Randall Cobb - WR Kentucky; and Justin Houston - DE/OLB Georgia.

2012: This is another hard one because my draft would be completely different than if we had all the above players. However, I would have traded down slightly with Jacksonville and drafted: Ryan Tannehill - QB Texas A&M; Doug Martin - RB Boise St.; Cordy Glenn - OT Georgia; T.Y. Hilton - WR Florida Intl; Bobbie Massie - OT Ole Miss; and Ron Brooks - CB LSU.

These are some of the particular picks I know I would have made given our state at the time. If we had all these players we would have a pretty awesome defense, and franchise QB, a very good offensive line, and a future star at RB. We would definitely have some needs at WR and TE, but I think we would be quite a bit better off than now.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

05 - ditch and i wanted shawne merriman
06 - i wanted ngata
07 - i wanted russell or quinn, resigned to not getting russell, so i wanted quinn, then thomas, then johnson
09 - obv stafford. . . then it got murky. i wanted CMIII, Maclin, Oher, and unfortunately Larry English
10 - Suh, Bradford then Haden
11 - i liked a lot of players this year --- but from the top prob went:
AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Marcel Dareus, Daquan Bowers Sad, i liked Amukamara, Kerrigan, Watt and Jimmy Smith as well. Julio in there somewhere.
12 - Resigned to not getting luck, so it was RGIII then it got murky. Trent Richardson followed by Claiborne followed by Blackmon followed by Tannehill, Michael Floyd... wanted Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright with 22. Or Doug Martin if we went Blackmon at 4.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

How did I forget Suh. He was #1, but I knew he wasn't going to slip Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

00 and 99 I liked.

01 I wanted LT

02 and 03 I can't remember.

04 wanted winslow

05 wanted Aaron Rodgers but was happy with Braylon

06 I wanted DeAngelo Williams or Wimbly

07 I wanted Peterson

08 wanted to trade DA for first

09 I wanted Sanchez

10 I wanted Spiller or Thomas

11 wanted Kerrigan Fairley or Julio in a trade back

12 wanted t rich and nick perry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Anyone who is saying the wanted anyone other than Aaron Curry is telling a bold face lie.

I wanted nothing to do with Aaron Curry at the time and was real happy when he was gone.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:

How did I forget Suh. He was #1, but I knew he wasn't going to slip Sad

Yeah I didn't list him for the same reason. I gave up all hope for getting him by week 17.

Also forgot to add Bowers. Noticed someone else put his name down. I liked him coming out. Embarassed

Also liked Coples last year. Forgot him too.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and remember all the Clint Sintim love too. No one has mentioned him yet I recall a large portion of the fan base who thought he'd be an ideal pick.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Oh, and remember all the Clint Sintim love too. No one has mentioned him yet I recall a large portion of the fan base who thought he'd be an ideal pick.

For sure

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Anyone who is saying the wanted anyone other than Aaron Curry is telling a bold face lie. You're guilty until proven innocent. I remember this board drooling over him almost as much as the Trent Richardson love this year. Now all the sudden when he didn't turn out so great after all no one is willing to admitt it.

Aaron Curry went before the Browns had a chance to pick. At least for me, I interpreted this thread as who I wanted when the Browns were actually on the clock. Otherwise, the year that the Browns drafted Jeff Faine, I could just say that I wanted Andre Johnson. We never had a chance to take Andre Johnson in 2003, and we never had a chance to take Aaron Curry in 2009. No bold faced lies here and nothing to admit. You can't draft what isn't available.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Anyone who is saying the wanted anyone other than Aaron Curry is telling a bold face lie. You're guilty until proven innocent. I remember this board drooling over him almost as much as the Trent Richardson love this year. Now all the sudden when he didn't turn out so great after all no one is willing to admitt it.

Aaron Curry went before the Browns had a chance to pick. At least for me, I interpreted this thread as who I wanted when the Browns were actually on the clock. Otherwise, the year that the Browns drafted Jeff Faine, I could just say that I wanted Andre Johnson. We never had a chance to take Andre Johnson in 2003, and we never had a chance to take Aaron Curry in 2009. No bold faced lies here and nothing to admit. You can't draft what isn't available.

Who are you? Skip Bayless? Trying to twist what I said into what makes your arguement?

Going into the 2003 draft it was a 100% given Andre Johnson was not making to pick 21. Aaron Curry was very very much in play with our #5 overall pick and almost everyone here wanted him.

Jamison on the sig
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:

Rashad Jennings as well, I was a big fan of him later in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who I Wanted: Ricky Williams. I thought he was going to be a stud RB.

About our choice: I didn't want Tim Couch because I didn't like his arm strength.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Jevon Kearse

Who I Wanted: Lavar Arrington. I thought he was going to be a monster LB but that didn't happen.

About our choice: I was ok with Brown.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Brian Urlacher

Who I Wanted: LaDanian Tomlinson.

About our choice: I didn't like the Warren pick.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: LaDanian Tomlinson

Who I Wanted: Ed Reed.

About our choice: I was ok with Green as the pick.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Ed Reed

Who I Wanted: Boss Bailey (Yeah I know. You can laugh at me now)

About our choice: I didn't like it too much. I just have a thought process that centers can be found in the 2nd-3rd round.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Nnamdi Asomugha

Who I Wanted: Kellen Winslow. I loved him at the U.

About our choice: I loved our choice of Winslow

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Vince Wilfork

Who I Wanted: Derrick Johnson. Would have been a reach at the time but I liked him.

About our choice: I was ok with Braylon. Too bad he never truly panned out.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: DeMarcus Ware

Who I Wanted: I wanted Michael Huff but I knew he would be gone by the time we picked so I thought Brodrick Bunkley would be a good choice.

About our choice: I was happy with Wimbley. I thought he would be able to bring a good pass rush.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Haloti Ngata. Would look really nice next to Rubin right now.

Who I Wanted: I'll be totally honest, I wanted JaMarcus Russell. He had the tools to be great, it was his head & work ethic that was all wrong. Boy did I blow that one. If not him, I wanted Megatron next and Thomas was actually my last choice.

About our choice: Since Russell & Megatron were off the board, I was happy with the choice. On a side note, I "HATED" the Quinn choice with our second first round pick. I would have never have traded up for him.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: He is playing LT for teh Browns right now.

No first round picks this year

Who I Wanted: Aaron Curry. Thought he could be the all around LB we needed.

About our choice: I hated the trade down for Mack. Again my philosophy is centers can be had in the 2nd-3rd round.

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Clay Matthews. He would have looked real nice in a Browns uniform.

Who I Wanted: Eric Berry.

About our choice: I was ok with Haden

Higndsight player I wish we picked: If Haden stays of the juice and he continues his rise as an elite corner then this is the man.

Who I Wanted: It was between AJ Green & Patrick Peterson. I had a tough time choosing between the 2.

About our choice:I hated the trade down. Would have preferred to stay put and draft Julio Jones

Higndsight player I wish we picked: Julio Jones

Who I Wanted: RGIII

About our choice: I'm happy with the choice of Trent. I did not like the choice of Weeden with second 1st round choice. I wanted Reiff instead.

Higndsight player: Too early to tell.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Who are you? Skip Bayless? Trying to twist what I said into what makes your arguement?

Going into the 2003 draft it was a 100% given Andre Johnson was not making to pick 21. Aaron Curry was very very much in play with our #5 overall pick and almost everyone here wanted him.

I'm not twisting anything. Of course a lot of us wanted Curry, me being one of them. He didn't make it to pick #5 though, so he's not going to be the guy I list. Maybe I misunderstood the thread. I'm only going to list people who were actually there and we passed on or traded out with the chance to draft said player.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I wanted nothing to do with Aaron Curry at the time and was real happy when he was gone.

Same

Serious question, why did people want him? I saw NOTHING special from him at all when I watched him play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: