Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

I liked Wilson before this college season, but what really strikes me watching him against Rutgers - the guy is a battler and makes plays without wilting. A true team leader. Great touch and anticipation passing the ball. Good pocket presence.

Question for ry (or anyone else really) - does Wilson have any previous concussion issues prior to the one sustained against ULM?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I liked Wilson before this college season, but what really strikes me watching him against Rutgers - the guy is a battler and makes plays without wilting. A true team leader. Great touch and anticipation passing the ball. Good pocket presence.

Question for ry (or anyone else really) - does Wilson have any previous concussion issues prior to the one sustained against ULM?

I'm not aware of any prior concussion issues with him at all.

I fully agree, though. Wilson is the exact opposite type of player Cassel is. He's a natural leader on and off the field. He has great pocket presence, pinpoint accuracy on short, intermediate AND deep routes. He's mobile, has the arm strength to make every NFL throw, knows when to fire a "laser" and when to lob passes and also understands ball placement on every route. Simply put, he's exactly what we need under center.

I've said it multiple times before and I stick by my comparison; he's Tony Romo with a brain. Yes, please.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

I'm not aware of any prior concussion issues with him at all.

I fully agree, though. Wilson is the exact opposite type of player Cassel is. He's a natural leader on and off the field. He has great pocket presence, pinpoint accuracy on short, intermediate AND deep routes. He's mobile, has the arm strength to make every NFL throw, knows when to fire a "laser" and when to lob passes and also understands ball placement on every route. Simply put, he's exactly what we need under center.

I've said it multiple times before and I stick by my comparison; he's Tony Romo with a brain. Yes, please.

ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who isn't watching this game, it's crazy. Dropped balls and crappy routes aplenty. Wilson's having a pretty good game, but the only WR or TE who is even remotely doing their job is Cobi Hamilton...and he now has over 300 yards receiving tonight. This is one of the weirdest games I've ever seen.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:

Nah thats Geno Smith. Wink
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
For anyone who isn't watching this game, it's crazy. Dropped balls and crappy routes aplenty. Wilson's having a pretty good game, but the only WR or TE who is even remotely doing their job is Cobi Hamilton...and he now has over 300 yards receiving tonight. This is one of the weirdest games I've ever seen.

For some reason my reply to your comment was blanked out - my friggin' phone! Anyway, I have been watching the game and I agree it was very sad from a Razorback standpoint - the defense was horrible. Wilson threw that one pick in the endzone at the beginning of the fourth quarter to Logan Ryan (I like the junior cornerback, solid prospect IMO) but it looked like the wide receiver didn't react well to the ball in the air and certainly didn't fight for the ball or try to defend against the interception. In the Razorback's next series, Wilson really stepped up and made some excellent passes - the ball had nice size and was right on the money. The interception to end the game was a fluke bounce off of the receiver.

I guess another way to look at it is if we drafted Wilson playing with a sad defense wouldn't exactly be a shock.... Shocked

The thing that I also like about Wilson that I haven't mentioned is how his passes aren't just accurate in the sense that he completes the pass, but they are thrown so that the receiver is still in stride and he didn't redirect the receiver or force them to adjust to the pass. Again, another anti-Cassel characteristic.

Wilson has moxie. We need moxie from the QB position.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Chiefer, do you rank Smith over Wilson as an NFL quarterback prospect? Just curious.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Chiefer, do you rank Smith over Wilson as an NFL quarterback prospect? Just curious.

Havent watched enough Wilson to make that sort of judgement. I really, really like Geno though. On my mock drafts leading up to the Season he was always my Chiefs pick, although in the 20s instead of top 10.

Quick fast release, mobile in the pocket, escapes the rush, can make the play on the run, cerebral. Tony Romo with a brain.

Smith is very anti-Cassel too, and has good experience working with a bad OL.

Wouldnt mind either at this point with the way this team is going, or Matt Barkley for that matter.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:

Havent watched enough Wilson to make that sort of judgement. I really, really like Geno though. On my mock drafts leading up to the Season he was always my Chiefs pick, although in the 20s instead of top 10.

Quick fast release, mobile in the pocket, escapes the rush, can make the play on the run, cerebral. Tony Romo with a brain.

Smith is very anti-Cassel too, and has good experience working with a bad OL.

Wouldnt mind either at this point with the way this team is going, or Matt Barkley for that matter.

Honestly, I would prefer Wilson and Smith over Barkley. And out of Wilson and Smith, I would prefer Wilson TBH.

I have to be honest, I have watched Smith and I am not completely sold on him. Just my opinion. I look forward to watching him more as the year goes on.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Wilson is the anti-Cassel Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

Honestly, I would prefer Wilson and Smith over Barkley. And out of Wilson and Smith, I would prefer Wilson TBH.

I have to be honest, I have watched Smith and I am not completely sold on him. Just my opinion. I look forward to watching him more as the year goes on.

Id go:

Smith - Wilson >> Barkley - Bray

But that's only because I've seen Smith more. He comes from that spread, but that doesn't mean we can't incorporate that some into our O at first to accommodate. We'll likely be seeing a new regime anyway. I'd love to draft his WR Steadman Bailey somehow as well, he's pretty beastly.

I just love Smith's attitude. Watching his game against LSU last season it was lost to them by nearly the 2nd quarter. But did Smith hang his head in defeat like Cassel would? Especially after Smith was apart of some turnovers? No. He kept fighting, they still lost, but he put up the most yards and points on that LSU Defense that anybody had done all season.

Something like that will keep our team in the game, its something we desperately need. A leader, QB that they can depend on when things are bad.

Wilson could be those things too, again I'm not passing judgement here. I wanna see some 2012 tape first.

Knowing our team though, we'll play just well enough to not get a top QB. Crying or Very sad
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah we'll take Landry Jones. He's just like Matt Cassel. Pioli will love him.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

Puke! I might devolve into a Raiders fan if Pioli is still around and passes on any one of Barkley, Wilson, or Smith for Jones! LOL!

I watched a little bit of the OK K-State game and O believe it was Charles Davis that made the comment about Jones' accuracy goes up when he has a clean pocket and sets his feet and I remember thinking "And this guy is supposed to be one of the top QB prospects?!"

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

Dude...Dude.

Crying or Very sad

I almost have nightmares about this scenario. Its like, Todd Blackledge all over again and I wasn't even born yet when that happened.
RedandGold

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I htink Wison is more of a Ponder

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:
I htink Wison is more of a Ponder

if by Ponder you mean Ponder but like 7,000x better, then yeah.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: