Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

playing time......(Jarius Wright)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: playing time......(Jarius Wright) Reply with quote

Does anyone know why jarius wright is not playing or even active for a game? I know he was hurt but he is healthy via internet
lacrosse59

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he deserves to play after what he showed what he can do in the preseason
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone here found that Wright supposedly isnt coming along as they had planned. Maybe injury related or just not playing well in practice.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't catch the ball in practice reportedly.

Also... we were winning games with what we had, there was no point to change.
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

We have a very serious issue with our WR corps. Change might be a good thing.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

We have a very serious issue with our WR corps. Change might be a good thing.

I understand we have an issue at wide receiver but teams don't often change when they are winning

If Jarius is dropping balls in practice he's not going to help our receiver issue is he? He's not a better returner than Sherels or Harvin and he's too slight to play on special teams. So it comes down to having him active and likely seeing the field for maybe a handful of plays or activating Burton/Aromashodu who both play on special teams.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets into one of these games coming up here soon. I would really like to see for myself what we have in him! It honestly can't hurt. I would take a guy who drops 1/4 passes but at least gets open over a guy who can't get open at all!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeMarcus Love and De'Aundre Reed were inactive all 16 games last season. I bet Wright takes a "redshirt" like those two did. In fact, if we weren't having injuries to Henderson and Marvin Mitchell, I bet Audie Cole wouldn't be active either.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another issue with Wright is that he's pretty much a slot guy at this point... I don't think he's supplanting our current slot guy.

Would be cool to see some plays with Harvin in the backfield and Wright in the slot.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Another issue with Wright is that he's pretty much a slot guy at this point... I don't think he's supplanting our current slot guy.

Would be cool to see some plays with Harvin in the backfield and Wright in the slot.

The benefit of Wright being a slot guy is he team could potentially keep Harvin out wide more often. I think Harvin needs to make that outside transformation until the Vikes get a better outside WR.

I like Wright and he actually showed good route running ability as an outside receiver in college. He has excellent athleticism as well. I would like to see Wright active over Burton, but there has to be a reason to why that has not happened.

While Wright might be healthy, maybe that injury greatly hindered his ability to truly keep pace with learning the offense. Hey may have fallen behind a bit.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacrosse: Welcome aboard and thanks for participating. One suggestion, however, please give at least a hint of what your subject is in the title. It'll make it easier for people to know whether they wish to contribute or even read it. I have amended yours to indicate that the subject is about Wright.

As far as the topic itself, I personally have never understood people's fascination with Wright not playing. He had one decent preseason game (in the meaningless 4th game), otherwise, we've seen nothing of him to create such expectation of excellence from him (he played in the 3 previous preseason games and didn't have a catch...I know he was slowed with an injury, but he still did play).

He's a slot receiver on a team full of slot receivers. I'm content with him not playing, as I don't think he's going to offer anything more than we've already seen from the others. I hope he gets better as the weeks go along, so he can get a playing job next year and replace either Aromashodu or Burton, but I personally don't care at this point.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of redshirting raw players, but I'd like to sprinkle in at least some playing time for guys like Cole and Wright, maybe when we're up and playing well, give them a few snaps. Just to get some real game-tape on them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
I like the idea of redshirting raw players, but I'd like to sprinkle in at least some playing time for guys like Cole and Wright, maybe when we're up and playing well, give them a few snaps. Just to get some real game-tape on them.

You might see them later in the season, when they can't make themselves ineligible for the practice squad (after game 7).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

You might see them later in the season, when they can't make themselves ineligible for the practice squad (after game 7).

Good point, hadn't considered that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

I like Wright and he actually showed good route running ability as an outside receiver in college. He has excellent athleticism as well. I would like to see Wright active over Burton, but there has to be a reason to why that has not happened.

I was going to say the same thing as vikingsrule, he has played on the outside and shows good route running there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2f__IFjYA

In the video against A&M he mainly played in the slot, but while outside he had some good gains. I love how he can find the holes in the defense in the middle of the field though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: