Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Contracts expiring in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has said anything about Jamarca. The way he has played thus far, he is a top tier backup at the least. Not to mention a great special teams leader.

It will be interesting to see how Minnesota handles all these contracts and the guys who need extensions.

Jamarca should definatly be re-signed. He's our leading ST ace, but unlike those aces of the past: Farwell, Onatolu (MVP, GOAT) and Frampton, he can actually play on defense. I still don't think he should be a starter, but those 2 forced fumbles really opened my eyes.

Re-sign him as a back-up safety and special teams player.

While we're on the topic of players that have changed my mind somewhat, I'd probably re-sign Aromashodu to a 1-year deal. When he isn't being forced the ball like in 2011 because he was the only option, he's a decent guy to have in the rotation. At least for now I'd bring him back, and let go of Burton and Jenkins at the end of the season.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Aromashodu deserves a spot on the team over Jenkins in 2013. Given Childs uncertainty and a likely rookie WR addition, having a veteran like Aromashodu during camp wouldnt be a bad thing.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on Sanford, forgot about him for a sec. Good special teams player who is a competent Safety coming off the bench.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
How reliable is spotrac though?

I pulled up the new CBA, dated 2011, and it said a player with less than 4 years accrued experience is a RFA and it takes 6 games for one accrued season to exist. Unless there is some clause I am missing, there must be since I dont know what explains Simpson being a UFA last year.

Free agents are unrestricted after 4 accrued seasons. Simpson was on the roster for 4 seasons in Cincinnati, thus became a UFA last off-season.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I pulled up the new CBA, dated 2011, and it said a player with less than 4 years accrued experience is a RFA and it takes 6 games for one accrued season to exist. Unless there is some clause I am missing, there must be since I dont know what explains Simpson being a UFA last year.

Free agents are unrestricted after 4 accrued seasons. Simpson was on the roster for 4 seasons in Cincinnati, thus became a UFA last off-season.

But what defines an accrued season?

I thought an accrued season was 8 games with the old CBA and 6 games with the new CBA.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

But what defines an accrued season?

I thought an accrued season was 8 games with the old CBA and 6 games with the new CBA.

From the CBA:
'An Accrued Season is a season during which a player has been on full pay status (Active, Inactive or Injured Reserve List) for six (6) or more regular season games.'

I just checked the other players on the RFA list:

Sherels, Jefferson and Sendejo came into the league in 2010. They cannot have more than 3 accrued seasons come 2013.

McKenzie came into the league in 2009, but this appears to be only his second season on an actual roster, that means 2 accrued seasons in 2013.

Matt Asiata spend 2011 on the PS, and will have 1 accrued season in 2013

'Any Veteran with less than three Accrued Seasons whose contract has expired may negotiate or sign a Player Contract only with his Prior Club, if before the first day of the League Year after the expiration of his contract, his Prior Club tenders the player a one year Player Contract with a Paragraph 5 Salary of at least the Minimum Active/Inactive List Salary applicable to that player. A player receiving such a Tender shall be known as an "Exclusive Rights Player."'

So the RFA list I posted is correct.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From the CBA:
'An Accrued Season is a season during which a player has been on full pay status (Active, Inactive or Injured Reserve List) for six (6) or more regular season games.'

Okay, this makes more sense. So a player could be inactive or on IR, which wouldnt signify a games played, and still gain an accrued season if it was for atleast six games. Okay, this makes sense now. Thanks!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Quote:
From the CBA:

Okay, this makes more sense. So a player could be inactive or on IR, which wouldnt signify a games played, and still gain an accrued season if it was for atleast six games. Okay, this makes sense now. Thanks!

Yep. the exact wording is:

'For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice Squad.'

So unless you are on the Exempt Commisioner Permission list, Reserve PUP (non-football injury), or Practice squad, you get an accrued season for spending 6 regular season games on the roster, even if you are on IR.

Last edited by Kellerman on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly makes for an interesting scenario, who do you keep? Brinkley or Henderson.

Brinkley has played really good football as of recently, and doesnt have Henderson's health concerns.

Henderson has played well, but he has a concussion history, and missed two games due to his most recent concussion. Those kind of lingering affects could be troubling.

It will be an interesting scenario, i just hope that MN doesnt overpay to keep both.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As angry as I was at Brinkley for giving up the only touchdown Tennessee scored yesterday he's played above my expectations.

Erin can go as far as I'm concerned. I won one of his contests and never received my prize! Twisted Evil
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings have began to discuss a contract extension with RT Phil Loadholt

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_With_8M_under_cap_Vikings_talk_deal_with_Phil_Loadholt101112

Pelissero also noted that only 6 RTs are making more than $5M per year

I would like this to get done. No reason to make another hole when you can sign a serviceable, fairly young, player to a team friendly deal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find. Loadholt is one of the must sign players, may as well get started on the 2013 offseason now. MN has a lot of guys in need of long term deals, Loadholt is certainly one of them.

My guess is his deal will be 5 years/$25M; probably front loaded.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Good find. Loadholt is one of the must sign players, may as well get started on the 2013 offseason now. MN has a lot of guys in need of long term deals, Loadholt is certainly one of them.

Too high. If you read further in that article there are only about 8 or 9 RTs with a contract that has an AAV of over 3.9m. I would expect Loadholt somewhere between 3.25 and 3.75.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Too high. If you read further in that article there are only about 8 or 9 RTs with a contract that has an AAV of over 3.9m. I would expect Loadholt somewhere between 3.25 and 3.75.

I think Loadholt has shown this year that he has entered conversation of being a top 5 RT in the league. There arent a lot of them. I think your estimation may be too low. I would probably put the avg. around 4.5 - 5, but i guess we will see. One thing that isnt being considered is the impact of the new CBA in these deals. Veterans are getting more money since rookies are getting less.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4years/16 is optimal.
No need to create holes, when a roster solution is available, and should be reliable for the term of this contract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: