Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Contracts expiring in 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Something tells me Welker will be half the player he is outside of NE. He is in the perfect situation there.

Why do people keep coming up with that line? The guy killed the Patriots when he was on the Dolphins. You know why the Patriots gave up a 2nd for him? Because he was that good.

Because it's true. Playing with Tom Brady as your QB, and guys like Randy Moss or Gronkowski to help carry the load makes a huge difference.

In his first year with the Patriots he had more production than the 4 years before that. The guy can obviously play, and I'm sure he would be a starting slot reciever for most other teams as well, but let's not pretend he's automatically a 1,000 yard reciever outside New England.

Wes Welker will be 32 years old next year. What would be the point of signing a 32-yr old slot receiver?

I'm actually against signing Welker, period.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin is already a better WR than Welker and Welker has never shown anything outside of being a good slot WR. Simply, he offers nothing to this team.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Schwartz was subbed in for Fusco against the Redskins. Both have mostly played on the right side.

I realize this, but I think either could easily make the switch to LG.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
Schwartz was subbed in for Fusco against the Redskins. Both have mostly played on the right side.

Possibly, but you have to wonder why they took Fusco out and not Johnson. Johnson is probably playing better football, but he has limited upside.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Possibly, but you have to wonder why they took Fusco out and not Johnson. Johnson is probably playing better football, but he has limited upside.

well, this coaching staff showed us last year they do not really care about testing out or developing players in game. If Schwartz comes in, it will be to replace the weak link.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days after saying they would like to see Brandon Fusco play with more confidence, the Vikings provided the second-year right guard with some potential motivation to clean up his uneven performance and got veteran Geoff Schwartz his first work of the regular season.

Schwartz, who signed a one-year, $700,000 free-agent deal with the Vikings during the offseason, played two series Sunday in place of Fusco. He entered in the second quarter and again in the third.

It was Schwartz's first regular-season action since 2010. He spent all of last season on injured reserve with the Carolina Panthers because of an issue with his right hip. Schwartz missed much of training camp and all of the preseason this year after having sports hernia surgery.

"We wanted to be able to take a look at Geoff and get him some game action and (Sunday) allowed us to do that," Frazier said. "We want to be able to do that periodically. We felt like that was a good game to do it. It worked out pretty good. I think he had 11 snaps. We got some good game-action tape that we weren't able to get in the preseason to evaluate him and we'll see where it goes from there."

Frazier said Schwartz, who is in his fourth NFL season, did a good job.

"Good enough where we feel comfortable, if something were to happen, we could get him in there," Frazier said. "Some other things we want to be able to see from him, but we're going to continue to evaluate it as we go forward."

Frazier made no promises about when Schwartz might get more reps.

"I'd been down for so long, I was glad to just finally get back on the field," Schwartz said. "That was more of a concern for me than not playing right away. ... I thought my second series was better than the first one, so going forward, I have things to work on. But I do have some film and we'll just go from there."

http://www.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sPL=notebook_vikings_will_turn_attention_to_redzone_offense_this_week101512
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:

In his first year with the Patriots he had more production than the 4 years before that. The guy can obviously play, and I'm sure he would be a starting slot reciever for most other teams as well, but let's not pretend he's automatically a 1,000 yard reciever outside New England.

Yes, because he had stellar quarterbacks before the Patriots! Joey Harrington being even better than Brady! He is one of the better possession receivers.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Kellerman wrote:

Yes, because he had stellar quarterbacks before the Patriots! Joey Harrington being even better than Brady! He is one of the better possession receivers.

So you're saying QB play does influence his performance? Laughing

Like I said, I'm not saying he isn't good. He just isn't going to be as good with another team.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: