Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots preparing to trade Wes Welker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
BACK TO MIAMI!

That actually would be a pretty bad deal for Miami, considering they'd be trading within the division, NE's rep in deals, and they need a boundary receiver, not a slot receiver.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Eagles. Belichick and Reid are always making deals.
LA Niner Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Carolina? With the Saints struggling, maybe they see an opportunity to make the playoffs. Welker could be a nice reliable target, especially with Smith a bit banged up.

Seattle could possibly make a play as they don't really have any great receivers and see themselves as playoff contenders. Lions or Chargers could be possibilities as well due to need and the fact that they're good passing attacks.

Buffalo or KC make sense due to need, but one team will probably not want to give up the draft pick since they'll be picking high and the other is in the Pats division
LA Niner Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Reid is desparate to have a successful season, but they already have Maclin Jackson Avant, Celek and McCoy as pass catching options. I though about this one too
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Niner Fan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Reid is desparate to have a successful season, but they already have Maclin Jackson Avant, Celek and McCoy as pass catching options. I though about this one too

Avant and a pick for Welker?
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
LA Niner Fan wrote:

I think Belichick would rather have Celek Laughing
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If they trade him, it won't be to a contending team within the AFC.
The Browns, Chiefs, Colts and Bengals are the only AFC teams I could see him going to.

Why would Cleveland trade for him?

Are people oblivious to our youth movement we've done under Holmgren and Heckertt? Laughing

People are pretty oblivious to most things the Browns do Laughing
(it was too easy not to)

But seriously, I don't think he makes sense for a rebuilding team like Cleveland or Miami at all. He'll be done by the time they're contending. The Bengals would be a great fit and they have the cap room to do it.
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
LA Niner Fan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

i wouldnt mind that if it was a 4th or lower.

props to deadpulse
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
You dont think having Seymour would help your defense? Do you think it would have improved your chances in a very tight superbowl last year?

Seymour would have been gone after 2009. The Pats tagged Wilfork, so Seymour would've been free to go wherever he wanted. The Raiders ended up giving him $15M a year, just to give you an idea of his post-2009 value.

LOL at using an Al Davis contract as somebody's value. Seymour isnt or wasnt worth that much money. But you cant give up a 1st and let a guy walk away a year a later. Davis had to overpay and Seymour agent knew it.
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I could see the Rams or Broncos jumping on this, they both could use a slot receiver.
lol what? The last thing the rams need is a SLOT wr

I think they scarred of me, and they should be.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I could see the Rams or Broncos jumping on this, they both could use a slot receiver.
lol what? The last thing the rams need is a SLOT wr

I'd actually love having both Welker and DA. If Givens can progress as a deep threat, that would be lethal. DA and Welker would tear teams up on short to intermediate routes and once they started jumping on those, you could hit Givens deep.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Niner Fan wrote:
Maybe Carolina? With the Saints struggling, maybe they see an opportunity to make the playoffs. Welker could be a nice reliable target, especially with Smith a bit banged up.

Seattle could possibly make a play as they don't really have any great receivers and see themselves as playoff contenders. Lions or Chargers could be possibilities as well due to need and the fact that they're good passing attacks.

Buffalo or KC make sense due to need, but one team will probably not want to give up the draft pick since they'll be picking high and the other is in the Pats division

KC doesn't really need a slot receiver.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
justo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA Niner Fan wrote:

News to me. Either that or someone really has no clue how AJ Smith thinks. He's just sunk fair chunks of money into Meachem and Eddie Royal (effectively the Welker of this offense) and Vincent Brown is eligible to return from the IR in Week 9 (3 weeks presumably after the latest Welker could be traded). Just because Meachem isn't lighting up the stat sheet right out the gate - meanwhile Malcom Floyd is - doesn't mean AJ's going to panic-buy... not to mention we don't have the cap space to give him near the contract he wants (if we were going to pay a receiver the money he wants, AJ would have just kept Vincent Jackson).

Furthermore, AJ is not a guy who admits to mistakes very easily. People are kind of quick to forget that Welker was a PS guy of ours before he was signed to the Phins. Paying a premium to bring a guy back that we originally had on the roster is REAAAAAALLY not his style.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Green Bay.
This. Our offense is struggling, it needs a spark. JerMichael Finley and Tom Crabtree for Wes Welker!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: