Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Bears
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 2?
Sam Bradford- 310 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Danny Amendola- 15 rec. 160 yards, 1 TD
50%
 50%  [ 16 ]
Cortland Finnegan- 5 tackles, 1 INT
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Bears Reply with quote

REPLACEMENTGAMEDAY THREAD EDITION!

Ramz

VS

Cubz

To get new Gameday Thread Creators involved, we have instituted replacement Gameday Thread...creators. We believe that this will help keep the Gameday Threads fresh since Ramsfan28 is running out of fuel and Andy Reid fat jokes.

Today's Lineup:

Analysis: Former Rams Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels

Predictions: Rams Safety Craig Dahl

Humor: Kyle Orton

Analysis

by Josh McDaniels

Hello Rams fans, I'm here today to write up a great analysis for this week's game. You guys have a lot to look forward to! Here's why:

1. Rams are tied for 5th in the league in interceptions. Jay Cutler likes to throw interceptions (2nd most in the league thus far), therefore I propose the Rams snag at least 2 this week.

2. I have coached both quarterbacks, and between the two I like Bradford more, mostly because between him and Cutler, Bradford seemed to not get so angry when I set him up to get sacked 9,000 times. Oh, and his mechanics, and soforth and stuff.

3. The Bears are without their best weapon, Matt Forte. Or...even if he does play...he won't be 100%. So as long as their defense can keep that passing game contained and not turn decent running backs into superstars (like this defense did when Flajole was coaching it, haha, punk! Take my parking space will you...) they should be able to rattle this offense much like the Packers did last week. Plus the offensive tackles have been turnstiles, and Robert Quinn is a machine, therefore there will be tons of sacks.

4. I played this matchup on Madden in rookie mode. I won with the Rams 68-3. I have a good feeling about this one, especially if they use my playbook like I did.

5. My bros at the frat house totally played this game where we got girls drunk and had them collapse on bean bag chairs. One said "Rams" and the other said "Bears." More girls passed out on the Rams bag. So there you have it. The opposition's woes, the home team's pros, Madden, and girls that can't handle their booze are all the signs pointing to "Rams win" this week.

Predictions

by Craig Dahl

Rams: 31
Bears: 14

Yes, that's right folks, the Bears will only score twice, and both will be because I blew my assignment and covered the offensive guard instead of the wide open wide receiver on 3rd and 17.

Humor

by Kyle Orton

Soo Im at tiss bar rithg now and therees's this chik righ? and shs all like "yooo paly quterbak" and., I'm like "ya". 6 minuts later were maikin g out. We gte to takinl and she's like "so waht to yu likee most apout bein a pro athlete?" I say, "Ican rip farts all game lnong and no one cadn tell taht I did it!" So I waek up 10 miuntes later and I aks hre to get me another beer, adn it's abot that time I relalize I'm not takling to a girl...but an etpty bottle of Jack Denieals. Teh end.

Hope you enjoyed your replacement Gameday Thread. We look forward to doing this more often. By the way, how does this "sticky" thing work? Do we sticky this? What's the right call here? Someone please get Ramsfan28 to sticky this.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh McDaniels during post-game. Laughing

I'm quite worried about this game though since our O-line is hecka susceptible with Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson as our starters against Julius Peppers and an elite D. I would expect heavy TE formations to help against the pass rush while we establish the dink and dunk / running game to move the chains.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having such a hard time choosing the winner of this game for the pick'em league.

On one hand, the Bears are likely without perhaps their offensive MVP and Cutler is facing a really strong secondary.

On the other hand, the Rams trot out their below average pair of starting tackles against a strong Bears DLine on the road.

PS: Great job on the GDT as always Ramsfan!
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the battle to find out whose offensive line is worse
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to against Finnegan, he won the game because of that penalty he drew and got an inner. JJ vs Alshon, that should be a good match up, he played well against him in college.

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fin will get into the head of Marshall causing some breakdowns in his play. This could be interesting.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

sad fact is this is true Laughing
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

sad fact is this is true Laughing
Whats really sad (for the Bears) is that its our Backups vs their opening day Starters

Im afraid of the Field Day that Peppers is going to have with our Backup Left side of the line
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I'm having such a hard time choosing the winner of this game for the pick'em league.

On one hand, the Bears are likely without perhaps their offensive MVP and Cutler is facing a really strong secondary.

On the other hand, the Rams trot out their below average pair of starting tackles against a strong Bears DLine on the road.

PS: Great job on the GDT as always Ramsfan!

Thanks buddy! Very Happy

BTW, I checked yours out as well...AWESOME! I really wish we could have another episode of MNF Rams vs. Seahawks Sad

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Wayne Hunter doesn't get Bradford killed. Expect quite a bit of help for him chipping on Peppers.

I read Peppers has some sort of injury, but is expected to play.

El Ramster on this beaut!
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/75333/washington-generals-have-left-the-nfc-west

Check that out.. I am in shock that we had 540 yards thru the air last year.. Seemed like our O was bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaad..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
I hope Wayne Hunter doesn't get Bradford killed. Expect quite a bit of help for him chipping on Peppers.

I read Peppers has some sort of injury, but is expected to play.
Obviously the Peppers/Hunter match-up is one to worry about, But the one I am terrified of is when they move Peppers inside to DT (which they did alot against GB) and him getting to Power rush against Ojinaka. That has bad news written all over it.
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a close, hard-fought game that is difficult to predict. Either team can win but I will give an edge to the Rams simply because I see our CBs giving Cutler fits as he becomes reckless like always and starts shoving his O-line Laughing
On paper, though, blocking Julius Peppers is a concern but then again our O-line wasn't too bad last week and we seem to have a quick-release WCO style that helps Bradford get rid of the ball before his O-line causes him problems.
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears fans under estimating this team like crazy, I like it.

El Ramster on this beaut!
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
Bears fans under estimating this team like crazy, I like it.

The bears unlike the redskins are actually a legitimate team. I think they SHOULD win.

That said, we can come out here and make a serious statement by beating them. If our pass rush is relentless and Sam brings it, it can be done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: