Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you think of Reggie if he traded DMC?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: What would you think of Reggie if he traded DMC? Reply with quote

Let's just say DMac continues to struggle in the ZBS and we're adamant about keeping it. DMC is a fan favorite, it would be really hard to see him go. We've all been very patient and saw what he could do in the right scheme. I think most of us would rather revert to a PBS for his sake but if we don't and he doesn't adjust, how would you feel about a trade?

I think most people wouldn't care if it's "for the right price". But It won't be, he's an injury prone RB that will have come off of a mediocre year.

I still think he can adapt and be a monster, no matter the scheme, it'll just take time, and regardless he's still a good blocking and pass catching RB so I wouldn't expect a trade. But IF it happened how would you feel?

We regard RM as a smart guy so I think most people would let it slide and trust him. I'm not liking our lack of depth right now and that falls on him but he came into a mess so I can't blame him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lead the trade DMC charge however I am totally against selling low. Should have done this before the season started. Now. Just keep him through his contract and get the comp pick UNLESS someone offers something stupid.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we get rid of the retarded ZBS way before McFadden. At least we better. If he does go on the trading block, anything less than a Top 10 pick is a hell no. He has an injury history but im taking that 'risk' for him, hes a guy who can take over games, thoes type of players are rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
I've lead the trade DMC charge however I am totally against selling low. Should have done this before the season started. Now. Just keep him through his contract and get the comp pick UNLESS someone offers something stupid.

+1. I've led the don't trade DMC charge but I'd consider it now that McK is gonna do whatever the hell he wants. If it's fair compensation, you have to consider it. Which is unfortunate, because he can be a VERY valuable weapon outside of the system we have in place.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
we get rid of the retarded ZBS way before McFadden. At least we better. If he does go on the trading block, anything less than a Top 10 pick is a hell no. He has an injury history but im taking that 'risk' for him, hes a guy who can take over games, thoes type of players are rare.
See that's where I stand, and I think this could affect how a lot of us see Reggie if it were to happen, which I don't want either. But why force it if it won't work (although this could be argued for both DMC and the scheme).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do it only for a first round pick and if we trading DMAC then their are other guys that should be gone also cause trading your best player your only telling the fans we going to rebuild from the ground up.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:

Dennis Allen is not getting rid of the zone blocking scheme

On the decision to change to zone-blocking scheme: I believe it is a matter of time for it to get going. Part of the decision was Ive seen this system of offense work and be very successful. I believe in this. As a defensive coach, I spent a lot of time defending different offenses and I think this is one of the more difficult offenses to have to defend. Obviously, we have to execute it better because were not getting the results in the running game that were looking for.

Here is the link
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Coach-Allen-Monday/3586fb8a-4313-4d62-b58d-3ba0911633f5
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will get Rid of Dmac before they get rid of the zone blocking scheme
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the O'line i think that D Moore, J Criner, M Reece are the only players i think that could play well in that scheme just my Opinion.DHB i think is a goner he will be traded or cut and DMAC i believe will also be traded that's if things don't change over the next month or so and they start producing and winning if not here comes the fire sale.

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you think of Reggie if he traded DMC? Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Let's just say DMac continues to struggle in the ZBS and we're adamant about keeping it. DMC is a fan favorite, it would be really hard to see him go. We've all been very patient and saw what he could do in the right scheme. I think most of us would rather revert to a PBS for his sake but if we don't and he doesn't adjust, how would you feel about a trade?

I think most people wouldn't care if it's "for the right price". But It won't be, he's an injury prone RB that will have come off of a mediocre year.

I still think he can adapt and be a monster, no matter the scheme, it'll just take time, and regardless he's still a good blocking and pass catching RB so I wouldn't expect a trade. But IF it happened how would you feel?

We regard RM as a smart guy so I think most people would let it slide and trust him. I'm not liking our lack of depth right now and that falls on him but he came into a mess so I can't blame him.

I'm with you i can't blame Reggie i just want to win already
Tacos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see DHB staying either but I wouldn't mind it, I root for the kid to continue improving for Al.

I'm not quick to blame the ZBS or DMC though. The run plays have been pretty boring and poorly blocked so I still think DMC has a shot at over 1000 this year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
I don't see DHB staying either but I wouldn't mind it, I root for the kid to continue improving for Al.

I'm not quick to blame the ZBS or DMC though. The run plays have been pretty boring and poorly blocked so I still think DMC has a shot at over 1000 this year.

I think the O'line has to improve pretty quickly for Dmac to have a shot of getting his 1000 Yards
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will question Mark Davis decision making for hiring Reggie
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I will question Mark Davis decision making for hiring Reggie

Dude. It's Week 2.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
I would do it only for a first round pick and if we trading DMAC then their are other guys that should be gone also cause trading your best player your only telling the fans we going to rebuild from the ground up.

+1. I'd only accept a 2nd-round pick (at the minimum) for DMC, preferably a 1st-round pick.
As to the OP, I think it'd be quite premature of Reggie to trade DMac after one season -- but he's the GM, not me.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: