Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Life without Hue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Honestly I think everyone expects the Harbaugh type of season that the niners had last year do to the hype surrounding Allen's background. We expected that he would just come in with reggie and we'd go 13-3 and dominate because we were 8-8 last year. The thing is we don't have that kind of talent and our team was ran differently and with that way the best we could hope to get was 8-8. Now our team is being ran differently, sure we are going to take losses but I'll take a 4 win season this year get a high draft pick and more lee way in free agency to get good players.

Yes this season is gonna be held together with spiderwebs, gum, and magic. It's the hand we were dealt just believe in the dominance we will have next season.

This is EXACTLY what some thought. The Raiders were .500 the last 2 years and people expected a scheme change and BOOM, playoff team.

The 9ers had Bowman, Willis, Smith on defense. All 3 are difference making types. There was something there to begin with. The Raiders have nothing like that.

From what I read, people thought the idea of Palmer training an entire off-season with the team, as well as playing with McFadden, would make the offensive side of the ball a strength like it had been for the past 2 seasons. Which is understandable, until you take into account how poorly coached they are now.

Again. 2 weeks. Your blind to say they are poorly coached until they actually settle in. 2 different centers. 2 rts. Moore just off injury. Your knee jerk reaction is misguided. Even Hue Jackson struggled early and had some bad games. Or are we just ignoring that?

I'm confused. I thought your post stated that it was misguided for some fans to have expected playoffs. The Raiders had a terrible defense last season. With what I mentioned about the offense, why would an improvement on an 8-8 record be so hard to fathom if not for a terrible OC?

Because there are too many variables to just assume a team improves on last years record. Schedule, division improving, losing talent, etc. It is misguided to assume that 2011 has anything to do with 2012. There are too many moving parts season to season. By the logic you are using the Raiders should not be on a decade losing skid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Honestly I think everyone expects the Harbaugh type of season that the niners had last year do to the hype surrounding Allen's background. We expected that he would just come in with reggie and we'd go 13-3 and dominate because we were 8-8 last year. The thing is we don't have that kind of talent and our team was ran differently and with that way the best we could hope to get was 8-8. Now our team is being ran differently, sure we are going to take losses but I'll take a 4 win season this year get a high draft pick and more lee way in free agency to get good players.

Yes this season is gonna be held together with spiderwebs, gum, and magic. It's the hand we were dealt just believe in the dominance we will have next season.

This is EXACTLY what some thought. The Raiders were .500 the last 2 years and people expected a scheme change and BOOM, playoff team.

The 9ers had Bowman, Willis, Smith on defense. All 3 are difference making types. There was something there to begin with. The Raiders have nothing like that.

From what I read, people thought the idea of Palmer training an entire off-season with the team, as well as playing with McFadden, would make the offensive side of the ball a strength like it had been for the past 2 seasons. Which is understandable, until you take into account how poorly coached they are now.

Again. 2 weeks. Your blind to say they are poorly coached until they actually settle in. 2 different centers. 2 rts. Moore just off injury. Your knee jerk reaction is misguided. Even Hue Jackson struggled early and had some bad games. Or are we just ignoring that?

I'm confused. I thought your post stated that it was misguided for some fans to have expected playoffs. The Raiders had a terrible defense last season. With what I mentioned about the offense, why would an improvement on an 8-8 record be so hard to fathom if not for a terrible OC?

Because there are too many variables to just assume a team improves on last years record. Schedule, division improving, losing talent, etc. It is misguided to assume that 2011 has anything to do with 2012. There are too many moving parts season to season. By the logic you are using the Raiders should not be on a decade losing skid.

With Palmer spending the off-season with the team, and McFadden finally being healthy to play with him, shouldn't that be a variable for the Raiders offense to improve? It's not like the offense is old with declining players. The only negative variable I see is a crap offensive coordinator. Do you mind mentioning any others?

And since you can't take away anything from the 2011 season for the Raiders according to you, can't the same be said for all the other 31 NFL teams around the league? What's the point of even talking about teams if you can't judge their talent and play from when they were last on the field?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: