Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Life without Hue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Good thing Hue Jackson first two games weren't chargers at home and Dolphins away. Laughing

Because he had McFadden and a competent DC in both of those games last season, right?

Yea it's the defenses fault we scored no points until the 14th quarter against the the Dolphins last year. We were winning against the Phins this year until the Defense packed up.

Last edited by Raidin on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
He obviously wasn't any good. We had a good offense pre-Hue and we have a good offense post-Hue. Confused

Yeah I didnt like Hue as a head coach but I do see a lot of devaluing going on. Happens alot when a player or coach leaves somebodies favorite team. He was a good OC.

Happens way too much.

I said his offensive system was great for our talent, and I do like how he fit his offense around the strength of our players, I just wasn't a huge fan of his play calling, especially in the second half. You guys can make your little claims of how I'm only saying that because he's gone, but I said that while he was with the team.

I just think people complain about moves made in the past way too much, some here must not handle break ups very well, because a lot are just stuck in the past. Time to move on IMO. Complaining and discussing it, or saying what could've been is one thing, but 3 threads about it is another thing.

I wasn't complaining about anything there, i just don't agree with Hue not being a good OC. And i figured the improvement of the offense while he was there would have made his ability to coach an offense pretty clear to everybody.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Good thing Hue Jackson first two games weren't chargers at home and Dolphins away. Laughing

Because he had McFadden and a competent DC in both of those games last season, right?

Yea it's the defenses fault we scored no points against the the Dolphins last year. We were winning against the Phins this year until the Defense packed up.

I will say this though, not only didn't Hue have McFadden during that game, but he also didn't have Palmer for a whole offseason. We also had a lot of penalties that ruined big plays, and still ended up with one more point then this team scored this year (garbage time or not)

Hue got the most out of McFadden, there's no denying that. I really hope the first two games are just an anomaly.
Django

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd
From what I've learned about Reggie McKenzie, he wanted coach he could absolutely, positively trust. HueJax was not that guy.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Reggie could of gave Hue a year.

The precedent: Holmgren gave Mangini a year his first year for the Browns

Hue could of earned Reggies trust.. Hue loved being a raider, remember that Texan game and how emotional Hue got.. poor hue, his new boss get in yow
, hue is excited to meet him, without saying a word Reggie fires him.. Of only Hue didn't make that stupid Palmer deal. One mistake cost him his job.. I can see why he did it, he felt we were close to a title.. This a talented roster who could compete sucks to see them under achieve.. Hue took risks and was gutsy, I will always admire him for that ..

Now we are doomed for the next ten years like post gruden
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Well Reggie could of gave Hue a year.

The precedent: Holmgren gave Mangini a year his first year for the Browns

Hue could of earned Reggies trust.. Hue loved being a raider, remember that Texan game and how emotional Hue got.. poor hue, his new boss get in yow
, hue is excited to meet him, without saying a word Reggie fires him.. Of only Hue didn't make that stupid Palmer deal. One mistake cost him his job.. I can see why he did it, he felt we were close to a title.. This a talented roster who could compete sucks to see them under achieve.. Hue took risks and was gutsy, I will always admire him for that ..

Now we are doomed for the next ten years like post gruden

early43

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
From what I've learned about Reggie McKenzie, he wanted coach he could absolutely, positively trust. HueJax was not that guy.

For all those defending Hue, think about the fact that he was unable to get a offensive job in the NFL this year... What does that say about the guy across the league?? Hell, he had to take a secondary position with his old boss to stay in the NFL.

Jackson was not the answer in anyway shape or form for this team as HC.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Django wrote:

For all those defending Hue, think about the fact that he was unable to get a offensive job in the NFL this year... What does that say about the guy across the league?? Hell, he had to take a secondary position with his old boss to stay in the NFL.

That they're well aware he won't settle for anything less than a HC job for long. There's no denying his huge ego and opportunistic ways, they don't make him a bad offensive coordinator though.
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very difficult to trust a guy who laps up the praise when things are going well and then throws everyone else under the bus when they don't.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I think the issue many are facing is they expected to much to soon. Fans wanted a 49ers type turnaround under a new regime. But the Raiders simply didn't have the talent or resources they had when the new regime came in.

So now it becomes a waiting game and fans better settle in. This offseason was steps backwards and there was never going to be forward momentum.

The new FO had no money and limited draft picks to work with. They were forced to cut their best and only pass rusher. They were not able to add impact players in the draft with 95 being the first pick.

The GM is new to his job. The HC is new to his job. The DC is new to his job. There was bound to be a learning curve, setbacks and adversity.

The goal IMO was simple for the FO. Trim the fat (contracts and underachievers), be creative in adding depth. Install new offense and defense and be patient in letting it grow and come together.

This is rebuilding time in Oakland. Not re-loading in the Davis sense. This is a project and will take IMO 2-3 years to complete and be competitive. They will continue overhauling the roster, finding pieces that fit the schemes before it all comes together.

Like many, I just want to see the Raiders win. Two 8-8 seasons, you think they are on the cusp, but this 'new era' had to begin in the new FO's vision and that vision was overhaul from coaches to players to schemes.

So here we are. Looking at a 4 win season. Lots of adversity, finger pointing and media tirades.

For many, they always talked about a post-Davis era. We're living it. And if you truly believed in the hiring of McKenzie than you have to be patient in this honeymoon period to see it take form.

It's going to take a well played free agency game and well placed draft picks for in my mind 2 or 3 years before this comes together in their vision.

Better settle in.

There was never going to be forward momentum? I wonder why that is? haha People, stop acting like hiring a terrible OC is the norm for teams with new regimes. It's not. Reggie McKenzie didn't hire Greg Knapp to be a detriment to the team. It's not all apart of his master plan. He wanted to compete this season, but screwed the pooch with that hiring.

This all comes down to Greg Knapp. He's the difference between a 2-0 team and an 0-2 team, and the difference between fans who don't understand that "rebuilding" doesn't mean having to suck. You mention the 9ers, yet fail to acknowledge that they were 6-10 the season before Jim Harbaugh took over.

No need to acknowledge it. They were a talented club, just need coached correctly. Davis, Gore, Willis, Bowman, Goldson were already on that roster. That's better building blocks for a new regime than anything in Oakland.

And their division was terrible as well. Raiders 'makeover' comes at a time when Manning joins the division and the Chargers rebuilt their defense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something I read about DA and why they chose an OC with zone blocking, he said that it is one of the hardest offense to prepare for. It's pretty smart once you think about it. We just have to execute. That's the biggest problem is the o-line doesn't execute.

Here's food for thought the last time we had zone blocking cable was the coach. He might be a big difference because the last time we ran it we ran it way better.
early43

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
early43 wrote:
Django wrote:

That they're well aware he won't settle for anything less than a HC job for long. There's no denying his huge ego and opportunistic ways, they don't make him a bad offensive coordinator though.

Isnt taking a secondary job when you have been a offensive coach your whole career "settling"...

Its still unclear how big a part Saunders played in our offensive play calling last year. Did he come up with the game plan and Hue just picked the plays? Were they both calling plays and Hue took credit for it? Hard to say but history tells me that Saunders was just as big, if not bigger reason why our offense worked last year and not a first time HC who took credit for calling the plays.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
There is something I read about DA and why they chose an OC with zone blocking, he said that it is one of the hardest offense to prepare for. It's pretty smart once you think about it. We just have to execute. That's the biggest problem is the o-line doesn't execute.

Here's food for thought the last time we had zone blocking cable was the coach. He might be a big difference because the last time we ran it we ran it way better.

If zone blocking is so great then why do most SB winners run power blocking schemes.

I could be wrong but I think the only teams that won the SB running the zone was 49er,Denver and Green Bay.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

If zone blocking is so great then why do most SB winners run power blocking schemes.

I could be wrong but I think the only teams that won the SB running the zone was 49er,Denver and Green Bay.

It doesn't matter what time of scheme offensive or defensive a team runs if they don't have talent to execute it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:

Isnt taking a secondary job when you have been a offensive coach your whole career "settling"...

Its still unclear how big a part Saunders played in our offensive play calling last year. Did he come up with the game plan and Hue just picked the plays? Were they both calling plays and Hue took credit for it? Hard to say but history tells me that Saunders was just as big, if not bigger reason why our offense worked last year and not a first time HC who took credit for calling the plays.

For long

OK, and what history tells you about the 2010 season when our offense improved while Saunders was coaching in Baltimore?
If you've been watching the Raiders in 2010 and 2011 you should know it was the same concept on offense.
I have no idea how it is unclear. The offense was installed by Jackson in 2010, Saunders took over the OC job when Jackson was named HC but he kept the playcalling duties. Saunders was brought in because he had been running the same kind of offense (vertical passing, quick strike) his whole career. Those are the facts as opposed to your behind the scenes conspiracy theory lacking a single proof.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: