Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Life without Hue
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m52876

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Life without Hue Reply with quote

Good read. Right now, I am tending to agree. It definitely seems like we are moving backwards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-power-rankings--life-without-hue-jackson-not-working-so-well-for-raider-nation.html
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't think the zbs would hold us back, 2 games in and its kicked our players [inappropriate/removed]...im patient tho, its going to get better as time goes on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
i didn't think the zbs would hold us back, 2 games in and its kicked our players [inappropriate/removed]...im patient tho, its going to get better as time goes on

Agreed, I hope things get better. If you look at the bright side Palmer is leading the AFC West in passing yards, although nothing has really shown of it we are somewhat in the right direction we just need to complete drives, don't know why we haven't tried to use Criner in the endzone yet.

I know the ZBS is pissing a lot of people off including myself but after reading this I feel like there is hope McFadden will grow use to the scheme.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1340925-breaking-down-darren-mcfaddens-early-struggles

Sig by me PM for one
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letting go on Hue might of doomed this franchise for another decade like what happened when we let go of

JON GRUDEN Shocked
early43

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Life without Hue Reply with quote

m52876 wrote:
Good read. Right now, I am tending to agree. It definitely seems like we are moving backwards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-power-rankings--life-without-hue-jackson-not-working-so-well-for-raider-nation.html

was going to read it, then saw who wrote the article and didn't bother. Mike Silver is an complete idiot. So easy for a guy to say bad move for firing Hue Jackson, then allowing the first two game be his "I told you so". Funny how he failed to mention the multiple blunders he made as HC that had a lot to do with our 8-8 finish.

I am by no mean saying were better off offensively right now without cuz we are most certainly not but we are better off long term without him as HC. Very few HC with his kind of pompous attitude have long term success in the league. Wears thin on players IMO. I'm more inclined to think Al Saunders had more to do with our offensive success than Hue simply because Saunders has a better previous resume as a play caller...
early43

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I did read a little bit of it...lol
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We let go of Gruden in 2002
We let go of HueJak in 2012

see a pattern Shocked
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders were a week 17 defensive meltdown away from being 9-7 and making the playoffs for the first time in a decade. Who knows how good this team could be right now if Hue Jackson were kept and a new DC were hired. Sad to think that coaches makes that big of a difference when we've gone through so many.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
letting go on Hue might of doomed this franchise for another decade like what happened when we let go of

JON GRUDEN Shocked

We didn't let go of Gruden, we traded him for 2 first and 2 second round picks- still think its crazy that we traded a HC. Wouldn't have mattered had we kept him IMO. That team was doomed to nose dive soon anyway. We were the oldest team in the NFL at that time. All our key players were near or at the end of their careers: Gannon, Rice, Brown, Garner, Wheatley, Kennedy, Collins, Armstrong, Parella, Romo, R. Woodson... there's no way that team was going to be able to replace all that talent in one or two off seasons.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasnt a good HC. He was a good OC. There was no way it would have worked. The best we could have hoped for was Saunders being the OC. With that said I think they could have gotten guy than Knapp. Really hope they get a win soon so not only the fans gain confidence but the players. Not sure how cohesive they will be if we keep failing.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After losing to the 32nd ranked team in the NFL the Raiders are now ranked 32nd in the league.

However, with the Broncos losing the door has been somewhat opened in the AFC West and I hope if the Raiders lose another game or two Reggie will do what ever it takes to add some quality players to get this thing turned around so far he hasn't made that call and to be honest don't look like he is going to.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam front page on yahoo lol more shish to deal with manana Evil or Very Mad
just read it.
this next game is pivotal.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver was in love with Hue since we hired him. I never understood why maybe he gave him more access to the Raiders than he ever had. But last year Silver a known Raider hater had us going to the playoffs. He loved HueJax. Im not shocked he is on this train wreck and enjoying to report it. Im sure himke and Hue is drinking Irish coffee right now talking about it.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue took over a team that was 8-8 under Tom Cable the previous year and went 8-8 and why should have Hue got another shot and not Tom Cable doesn't make any since.

Tom Cable had a 17-27 record but after Lane Kiffin left Cable went 4-8 to finish the season.

I would rather have Gruden back.

We want Chucky back. Razz
Raidin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing Hue Jackson first two games weren't chargers at home and Dolphins away. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: